Bowers & Wilkins P3
May 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #31 of 169
Quote:
What Hi-Fi released a review of the P3.  They give a brief description of the sound, nothing too detailed though.  It can be found here: http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-p3

I will be getting a pair by next week, so I'll also have a review in the coming weeks (weeks = 3-4)

Me too :)

May 24, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #33 of 169
B&W Marketing division :wink:
I visited B&W yesterday actually, was a nice evening and had an interesting talk about their headphone line up and plans. Played a bit with the white P3.

May 24, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #35 of 169
Quote:
Will the cable with volume rocker only be supported by Apple products?  I would love to see that cable function on my Samsung Nexus as well . 

That cable is in fact designed for Apple products, so it's full compatibility shoud be guaranteed for those, but it may not work well with other products... 
rolleyes.gif

May 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #36 of 169
They include an alternate cable without the controller "for Android phones".

May 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #37 of 169
Quote:
Will the cable with volume rocker only be supported by Apple products?  I would love to see that cable function on my Samsung Nexus as well . 

It depends on your phone's software.  Some phones have specific functions for hte controls, others are bugged.  If it doesn't work, or requires you to be pressing the play button to product sound, you need an adapter.  Fortunately, like stated above, B&W does include an alternate cable without controls. 

May 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #38 of 169
Quote:
They include an alternate cable without the controller "for Android phones".

I've not seen this mentioned anywhere, and the unboxing video just shows the iphone and standard cables included........

Edit - misread your post, that is what you said!
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #39 of 169
11th June release date according to a website in the UK.  Guess the only question now is - black or white?

White for me!

May 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #40 of 169
Either color looks sexy. I wouldn't mind either. I don't know what color I'm getting either. Surprises in store :p

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

May 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #41 of 169
I think people like teasers...  If they don't, correct me :p

May 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #45 of 169
Quote:

Have you ever tried the P5's?

Unfortunately not...  These clamp the least of my headphones thought (Grado SR60, Philips Downtown, SOL Tracks, Koss Striva Pro).  I'm able to wear glasses comfortably as well with them (thin frame metal frame; not thick plastic) while with both the grado and Downtown I'm not able to (I have not tested the Tracks with glasses, too lazy to right now; I don't want to take off the P3 :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back