Bowers & Wilkins P3
Jun 15, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #91 of 169
Hi All,

Second post so go easy on the newb, only just came accross head-fi.org but I've got to say I'm loving reading the forums.

So last month I went out and bought the B&W P5's partly down to them being so god damn sexy, but after a week I just didn't think they gave me what I needed sonically from my earphones. Having returned them I noticed the P3's were coming out and What Hi-Fi gave them the most stonking review so I was litterally waiting on the UK June 18th release date.

Then I stumbled accross the posts on the Sennheiser HD25-1 II's which really had me wondering if they were right for me. However I travel on business a lot (planes) so I would only be listening to my iPhone 4S, and I really wanted a phone cable for taking calls on the go. So along come the Amperiors (what is with that name btw!), and whoa I think they might actually what I've been looking for. I have checked out Tyll's review and videos at Innerfidelity along with some of the CES 2012 and I'm pretty much sold.

However tinyman392's review on this thread has me really thinking. My biggest issue is...

I reckon the Amperiors might well sound better
The B&W's wipe the floor on looks
£80 difference in price!!!

I'm going to go test the P3's when they come out, but was wondering if you can justify the lesser styling and bigger price tag for a noticeably better sound!!

Cheers,

D

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #92 of 169
I listened to my P3 yesterday for about a minute then my ipod died. I'll listen some more this weekend.
First impression was: dark, bass, airy, soundsig like the C5 iems. Ofcourse I have to listen a whole lot more and better
Don't like its fit though (or not yet anyway :wink: )

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #93 of 169
Quote:
I listened to my P3 yesterday for about a minute then my ipod died. I'll listen some more this weekend.
First impression was: dark, bass, airy, soundsig like the C5 iems. Ofcourse I have to listen a whole lot more and better

Are you familiar with the P5's? If you are, how do they compare, regarding sound and fit? 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #96 of 169
Would these be a good choice to use at work its quiet except when a vacuum is running 15 minutes a night and I do not have to worry about sound leakage. I'd also  be using them at the gym if they fit good enough that is. I am now using the Phillip O'neil stretch and do not like the clarity at all. Thanks in advance.

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #97 of 169
The B&W headphones do work better in a quieter area. I think the vacuum will go through. I don't see office sounds becoming intrusive (unless you listen to extremely low volumes; <50 dB).

For gym use, I probably wouldn't recommend them unless you don't mind other sounds breaking trough :p

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #98 of 169
Thanks a lot. How do you think these compare with my Phillips Stretch head phones? I listen to mostly rap some rock and some heavy metal. I just love the look and I have a lot of experience with B&W home theater speakers so I am strongly leaning towards these. I was also looking at the AKG K451 model but i like the look of these a lot more and trust B&W much more than AKG. Do these have enough bass for rap not over stated but enough.

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #99 of 169
Quote:
Thanks a lot. How do you think these compare with my Phillips Stretch head phones? I listen to mostly rap some rock and some heavy metal. I just love the look and I have a lot of experience with B&W home theater speakers so I am strongly leaning towards these. I was also looking at the AKG K451 model but i like the look of these a lot more and trust B&W much more than AKG. Do these have enough bass for rap not over stated but enough.

These should have enough bass for those genres.  I can't compare to the Stretch headphones since I haven't heard them :frowning2:  I haven't heard too many headphone models in general, so I can't compare to the AKGs either. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #101 of 169
Quote:
Ok so after further research I am intrigued by the V Moda M-80 how do they compare with b&w p5 and P3

I don't have a P5, so I can't do comparisons...  Instead of repeating myself, here's a link to the M80 vs P3: http://www.head-fi.org/t/606966/bowers-wilkins-p3/75#post_8457080

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #103 of 169
Quote:
Tinyman: You should add P3 as a product on head-fi and publish your review there!

I don't know how to add a product (as noobish as it seems).  As for publishing my review.  The second I publish it to iFans LLC, it becomes their property.  In other words, Head-Fi could receive a DMCA request if I do publish.  iFans is not my site (I don't own it), I am affiliated with it though.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #104 of 169
Quote:

This is how I felt at first.  The signature became less dark with time as the bass tightened up greatly for me.  Hopefully it does the same for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back