Bowers & Wilkins P3
Jun 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #121 of 169
Quote:
Nice review.. Thanks for sharing info..

How's the noise isolation?? I am waiting it for to be released in local stores. How did you get it so fast??

Noise isolation is very low.  It's probably a notch lower than the M80s :frowning2:  My P3 is a press sample. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #123 of 169
Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

what genre (of music) would you suggest for P3? Does it give enough clarity ?? I have AKG K550 but not sure how it can be compared with P3. 

The P3s are not a 100% clear headphone, they weren't really designed to be though.  They do give ample clarity, but that's about it.  

Genres:
  1. Rock
  2. Alternative
  3. Rap
  4. Electronic
  5. Maybe some Blues

The focus of these headphones is mainly put on the low end, but gives enough mids and highs in my opinion.  I do know that there are others that don't agree with me at all on this though.

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #125 of 169
Quote:
Would you recommend me waiting for these P3s or getting the V-Moda M-80s now? Which is better?

Thanks

In all honesty, I think this question goes the route of what's your preference.  The P3s offer a little more bass as well as vocal energy and timbre over the M80s.  The M80s offer a much better overall balance of sound and texture.  If you put a gun to my head and told me to choose, I'd say the M80 is technically better, but only by a smidge (quality wise). 

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #126 of 169
Quote:

In all honesty, I think this question goes the route of what's your preference.  The P3s offer a little more bass as well as vocal energy and timbre over the M80s.  The M80s offer a much better overall balance of sound and texture.  If you put a gun to my head and told me to choose, I'd say the M80 is technically better, but only by a smidge (quality wise). 

Thanks, appreciate that input. I love bass, but not so much that I would sacrifice overall quality. Jut purchased the M-80s from Amazon.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #127 of 169
Quote:
Thanks, appreciate that input. I love bass, but not so much that I would sacrifice overall quality. Jut purchased the M-80s from Amazon.

M80s seem more like you cup of tea, not 100% on that though, it seems more like it.  Hope you enjoy your M80s, they are a great headphone regardless :)

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #128 of 169
If anybody has these, I'd be curious about your impressions with them with the pads removed.

I hear them as substantially better.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #130 of 169
If anybody has these, I'd be curious about your impressions with them with the pads removed.

I hear them as substantially better.

Hm, interesting idea. I'll give it a try later.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #133 of 169
To me P3's sound like P5's but with less treble, and P5 treble not exactly overdone!
Flimsy and too small for me to get a comfortable fit and any semblance of even minimal noise exclusion.
Unimpressed- to my ears only worth half the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back