Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide.
Sep 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Ajmathe86

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for some decent cans. I had the beats because that's what my girl got me and I also had the sol republics. Hated them. I'm eye balling the skullcandy mixmasters and the Bose QC 15. A buddy told me to investigate the soul by ludacris but I've lost faith in products rappers put out. Here is what I want.

1. Vibrant sound (bass, mids and highs) because I listen to everything from rap to rock to dubstep to old school jazz, etc. I listen to everyone but opera.
2. Look decent. I don't want something like a helmet on.
3. Decent noise isolation (noise canceling is nice but I want my headphones to work after the battery dies)
4. Not so bad sound leak. (girlfriend always getting mad at how loud i listen to stuff)
5. And I know it's random but i like the single side cord. The cord coming out of both headphone seems to tangle.

Thoughts? I kind of been considering the 3 listed above.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 21
I dont HAVE to have it. I would like at least some form of noise isolating. I dont really want to be able to hear everyone and have them hear what I am listening to. Does that make sense? But obviously, I dont want to sacrifice sound quality. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 21
So this is gonna sound a bit off, but I'm sort of stuck as to where I can get the headphones.... My lady bought me the Beats at Best Buy and their return policy is dumb. So I am being forced to exchange in their store within 30 days. That's why I brought up the headphones earlier that I saw at the store. I do apologize if this closes the gap quite a bit (which i know it will)

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 21
With the gap being so closed, I am really leaning toward the skullcandy Mixmasters. Here is why.
1. Don't want to have to carry extra batteries with me at all times (one of my biggest problems with the beats is that it needs batteries to work)
2. I'm growing more and more against headphones endorsed by artists (Ludacris, Dre, Bob Marley, etc.)
3. I have read pretty good things about the skull candy Mixmasters. Granted, the skull candy brand isn't synonymous with high quality. 

I'd like to be knocked off this high horse if I am just that, HIGH with a false sense of what I am getting into. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:
With the gap being so closed, I am really leaning toward the skullcandy Mixmasters. Here is why.
1. Don't want to have to carry extra batteries with me at all times (one of my biggest problems with the beats is that it needs batteries to work)
2. I'm growing more and more against headphones endorsed by artists (Ludacris, Dre, Bob Marley, etc.)
3. I have read pretty good things about the skull candy Mixmasters. Granted, the skull candy brand isn't synonymous with high quality. 

I'd like to be knocked off this high horse if I am just that, HIGH with a false sense of what I am getting into. 

I think it would be best if...

You just listed all of the headphones that are available to you from Best Buy.

Otherwise we cannot really help.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 21
3. Decent noise isolation (noise canceling is nice but I want my headphones to work after the battery dies)

Rules out the QC15 then. Also requires battery to work. Mind you, an AAA battery lasts around 50 hours and a spare fits easily in the accessories pouch in the case. Plus side for QC15 is they are damn fine isolating headphones.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #11 of 21
Here is the list I got:
1. Beats Series
2. Soul by Ludacris series
3. Bose QC 15
4. Fanny Wang 3000
5. Skullcandy Mixmaster
6. AKG K550
7. Audio technica  ATH-ESW9A (breaks my single cord thought, but unsure if it is worth it)
8. Pioneer SE-MJ591
9. Audio Technica ATH-A900X
10. Allen and Heath AH-XONE:XD2-53
11. beyerdynamic AMS-DT-770-PRO-250
12. Bowers and Wilkins P5
13. beyerdynamic AMS-DT-1350-80

thoughts?

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:
Here is the list I got:
1. Beats Series
2. Soul by Ludacris series
3. Bose QC 15
4. Fanny Wang 3000
5. Skullcandy Mixmaster
6. AKG K550
7. Audio technica  ATH-ESW9A (breaks my single cord thought, but unsure if it is worth it)
8. Pioneer SE-MJ591
9. Audio Technica ATH-A900X
10. Allen and Heath AH-XONE:XD2-53
11. beyerdynamic AMS-DT-770-PRO-250
12. Bowers and Wilkins P5
13. beyerdynamic AMS-DT-1350-80

thoughts?

Looks like the Bose cost 299.

After reviewing the Best Buy website, I see others in that price range or below that you have not listed. Why, If I may ask?

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #14 of 21
I was looking as to what available in my area. I leave for vacation Saturday and was hoping to exchange for a pair tomorrow. Unless you have a pair that I havent listed worthy of a wait. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back