- 1,551 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Stylish and Sleek Headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose QC 15 or what? Cannot decide. Last post on 3/18/13 at 12:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with On and Over Ear Headphone Selection Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Speakers vs Headphones Last post on 6/10/13 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Complete Guide to taking proper care of headphones Last post on 6/3/13 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
NEW! Monster DNA headphonespost #1 of 1639/6/12 at 1:45pmThread StarterThis is going to be announced today. I will try to get a review unit so stay tuned for my unboxing and impressions.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 1639/6/12 at 4:06pmpost #3 of 1639/6/12 at 4:28pmpost #4 of 1639/6/12 at 10:03pmpost #5 of 1639/6/12 at 11:02pmpost #6 of 1639/7/12 at 6:44amThread Starter
Monster, the world's leading manufacturer of high-performance headphones and electronic accessories, and Viacom, home to the world's premier entertainment brands, announced a global alliance for the launch of a new audio brand Monster DNA. With Monster's latest advancement in sound engineering, Monster DNA headphones bring music listeners a new sound that is as powerful and striking as the bold design of the headphone itself. More than a headphone, Monster DNA will look to serve today's music listener and music artists with a focus on music sharing, music community, and social awareness reaching the music entertainment community globally through an exclusive integrated campaign across Viacom music and entertainment brands worldwide including CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, Logo, MTV, MTV2, mtvU, SPIKE, Tr3s, VH1 and VH1 Classic.
Rooted in the technology behind music, Monster has been dedicated to improving the music listening experience, from its development of high-performance audio cable for audiophiles, to professional recording and instrument cables for musicians. Recently, the company changed the way people think about what a headphone can sound like when it engineered the sound of the popular Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.
Said Noel Lee, The Head Monster: "We're excited about what we have accomplished with next generation sound with Monster DNA. It's the evolution of what a headphone can look and sound like. Sonically, they completely kick ass yet still have refined sound qualities that all music lovers can appreciate."
Viacom will provide a global platform for the Monster DNA headphones through its diverse entertainment brands, which continue to innovate, create culture and connect with young audiences at the intersection of music and entertainment. "Just like Viacom's brands, Monster DNA headphones are designed to reflect the creativity and confidence of young people," said Jeff Lucas, Head of Sales, Music and Entertainment for Viacom. "Through this partnership, we're plugging Monster in to the deep connection we have with our young audiences, and giving our fans a new way to experience sound and express originality."post #7 of 1639/7/12 at 1:39pmpost #8 of 1639/7/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
So I take it you've heard the Beats and the headphones in the DNA series? Or are you just speculating?post #9 of 1639/8/12 at 1:34pmNice try. The drivers are not the same.
Unqualified statements like these turn forums for useful information into "village people" rant sites. Please try to make informed posts and not to turn these threads into campaigns against large manufacturers like Monster.post #10 of 1639/8/12 at 2:07pmQuote:Quote:
Yeah, I gotta +1 these. Everyone who knows me knows that I rail against Studios and SoloHDs. And as much as I can't stand those units, I can't say a damn thing about Pros, Mixrs, etc. because I just haven't owned them (or have even given them a decent listen under fair conditions). As subjective as our hobby is, we need to be real careful about making certain models representative of an entire line (or company for that matter).post #11 of 1639/8/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
You know what the "N" on the Nebraska Cornhuskers helmets stands for....
"knowledge"post #12 of 1639/8/12 at 2:47pmQuote:
Of course, why could I not see that before? LOLpost #13 of 1639/11/12 at 3:24ampost #14 of 1639/11/12 at 5:12amQuote:
Of course they are... It's almost Christmas time.
They do look interesting though.
JimReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Monster DNA headphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“balanced sound, very portable (small+light), comfortable even with glasses, looks great”“full sound with plenty of bass, clear forward midrange, large sound stage.”
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
- Headphone Impedance
- › FS: WESTONE UM3X RC, ATRIO MG7 36 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 1 minute ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Good Vocal Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr/Bifrost uber combo,is it for me? 5 minutes ago
- › Mal Valve and the greatest headphone amps on EARTH! 6 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 6 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe