Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #856 of 6,129
Hi pal!

Could you give me cable and eartips links? Any cable with mic available?

Cheers!
Sure! My cables came from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030782005.html
You can just order the standard cable with a mic if you need that. You can just search AE if that's insufficient, as I haven't looked into that.
If you're more ambitious about your cables, you can take some inspiration from this guy:

I prefer Spiral Dot tips. I haven't ordered from this store, but this is the best price I've seen. https://penonaudio.com/jvc-spiral-dot-silicone-eartips.html

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #858 of 6,129
you guys are lucky I have a DSLR & a macro lens :wink:

front -
U0LKuG3.jpg

back -
rR6TfUY.jpg

Looks like I count 8 vents, though the "apeture" seems to be just a spot of solder or something. Still, looks quick similar to me. What do you think?
Off topic but, what camera do you have? :)

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #860 of 6,129
I've been using Tinaudio T2 for over couple of months. Looking for an upgrade to give this kind of clarity without much coloration on mids and highs but more punchier bass than T2, does BLON BL03 fit the bill or TRN V30? Anyone? Was asking this on CCA thread for C12 but BL03 looks more like what I've been looking for but how is it compared to T2?

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #861 of 6,129
If there is no mic on the cable then yes that one is balanced. Balanced just means the the left and right ground wire are kept separate all the way to the plug.... so there is that extra ring for soldering those wires separately to the plug. In a regular 3.5 single ended cable, the ground wires are combined at the splitter and soldered together at the plug. This is why there is no adapter that can magically turn single ended into balanced. But of course you can get an adapter to use your balanced cable with a regular single ended source. 2.5mm female to 3.5mm single ended.

I think I recognize that cable:) Between my husband and myself there are so many cables here.

Thanks for the great explanation and education!!

Yeah, there is no mic on the cable, so I guess its balanced. Speaking of the cable... the reason I did not link to it is because I believe that it was made by a "banned" manufacturer here. However, I noticed that the BLON 03 appears to have been made by that very same manufacturer, and the name has been mentioned in this thread. Am I wrong about the ban, or...? I'd love to post a link to the cable to get opinions about it but don't want to violate the rules.

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #862 of 6,129
I've been using Tinaudio T2 for over couple of months. Looking for an upgrade to give this kind of clarity without much coloration on mids and highs but more punchier bass than T2, does BLON BL03 fit the bill or TRN V30? Anyone? Was asking this on CCA thread for C12 but BL03 looks more like what I've been looking for but how is it compared to T2?

I would recommend you check out the KZ ZSX or TRN V90 from the tonality that you are describing, I have owned both of those as well as the T2 and actually ended up selling the T2 as a result.

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #863 of 6,129

the Blon is in a different sound signature to the T2 altogether. it's more of a fun, mid-bassy IEM compared to the cold and cleaner T2. the better upgrade path might be the Shuoer Tape (i haven't heard it personally, just reading other reviews here, so can't vouch too much on that) or the Tinhifi other family members like the T3 or the upcoming T4

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #865 of 6,129
How is BL03 comparing to T2?

Almost the complete opposite in tonality (at least for my ears).

Yes, I did have a complete seal and tried the bass port micropore tape mod, but I felt that the T2 did not have enough low end punch for most of the music I listen to (EDM, Psytrance, Modern Funk/Soul).

The T2 mids and upper register are much clearer than the BLONs, but the BL-03 to me sounds a little more natural in terms of timbre and dynamic range.

I would like to try the T3 at some point, but for now the pricing seems a bit high for what else the market has to offer at this time.

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #866 of 6,129
the Blon is in a different sound signature to the T2 altogether. it's more of a fun, mid-bassy IEM compared to the cold and cleaner T2. the better upgrade path might be the Shuoer Tape (i haven't heard it personally, just reading other reviews here, so can't vouch too much on that) or the Tinhifi other family members like the T3 or the upcoming T4
Thank you. I dont want to sacrifice the mids and highs on T2 but with more bass ya know! But fun sounding is something that I would love to try as I will be using it on Office laptop and cellphone. T2 is too dry sometimes.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #867 of 6,129

I've had the Tin HiFi T2 for a long time. It has a very balanced nice sound. The Blon 03 IMHO is a better sounding IEM to the T2. The Blon 03 has a more natural unveiled sound. Rhythmically it is more engaging than the T2 and timbre on the Blon 03 is as good as I've heard. The T2's are good but have been overtaken by some. The Blon 03 punches way above it's weight. One of my Blon 03's took a day to open up fully.

Steve

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #868 of 6,129
I've had the Tin HiFi T2 for a long time. It has a very balanced nice sound. The Blon 03 IMHO is a better sounding IEM to the T2. The Blon 03 has a more natural unveiled sound. Rhythmically it is more engaging than the T2 and timbre on the Blon 03 is as good as I've heard. The T2's are good but have been overtaken by some. The Blon 03 punches way above it's weight. One of my Blon 03's too a day to open up fully.

Steve
Really appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #869 of 6,129
Really appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

There is one downside to the Blon 03. It's shallow fit can be infuriating. I had to make a spacer from the canal of an old silicone tip and then use a large JVC Spiral Dot tip to give a deeper seal. The supplied tips are not good. It was worth it though. The Tin T2 is good out of the box. So it's a lot about your patience. Some get fed up finding the right, tip and seal for the Blon 03.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #870 of 6,129
Yes, the fit of the Blons is a major hassle. I'm using Sony MH755 tips and little spacers made from the canals of other silicone tips (as above), and I do get a seal, in that I get great sound and they don't come out of my ears if I give them a gentle tug (i.e., there is a little suction there), but I'm still unconvinced I'm getting the best out of them. I tried my Sony MH755s yesterday and the fit was just so much easier, with a proper seal being trivial to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back