Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #871 of 6,129
Yes, the fit of the Blons is a major hassle. I'm using Sony MH755 tips and little spacers made from the canals of other silicone tips (as above), and I do get a seal, in that I get great sound and they don't come out of my ears if I give them a gentle tug (i.e., there is a little suction there), but I'm still unconvinced I'm getting the best out of them. I tried my Sony MH755s yesterday and the fit was just so much easier, with a proper seal being trivial to achieve.
Multi-flanged tips can probably help with the insertion, but I'm too scarred by Etymotic triple flanges to try them.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #873 of 6,129
Yes, the fit of the Blons is a major hassle. I'm using Sony MH755 tips and little spacers made from the canals of other silicone tips (as above), and I do get a seal, in that I get great sound and they don't come out of my ears if I give them a gentle tug (i.e., there is a little suction there), but I'm still unconvinced I'm getting the best out of them. I tried my Sony MH755s yesterday and the fit was just so much easier, with a proper seal being trivial to achieve.

How would you compare the sound from the MH755, and the BLON?

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #874 of 6,129
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #875 of 6,129

After recabling and sealing the MH755 vent, I find the MH755's easier to listen to, as they don't have as much mid-bass quantity as the Blon's do. I'm not sure if it's the mid-bass overpowering the highs on the Blon's, but I almost feel the MH755's have a more detailed high end. On a frequency sweep, I can hear the MH755's up to 18Khz, the Blon's seem to go up to about 17.5Khz. Soundstage on the MH755 is wide, but the Blon's have better width and depth.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #876 of 6,129
Sure! My cables came from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030782005.html
You can just order the standard cable with a mic if you need that. You can just search AE if that's insufficient, as I haven't looked into that.
If you're more ambitious about your cables, you can take some inspiration from this guy:

I prefer Spiral Dot tips. I haven't ordered from this store, but this is the best price I've seen. https://penonaudio.com/jvc-spiral-dot-silicone-eartips.html
Thank you!

2PIN or MMCX?

I'm new and I have stupid questions :frowning2:

EDIT: I found this one , is it even cheaper...

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #877 of 6,129

I'm too much of a newbie at this game to be much good at describing sound differences. But my general impression is that the MH755 is a little weightier (may be the superior seal I get), and possibly a little clearer at the top end. But the BLONs have what seems to me to be a more integrated, balanced sound overall, and are a tad more enjoyable to listen to as a result. I'm finding myself setting out to listen to and analyse aspects of the sound but then just getting lost in the music, which can only be a good sign.

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #878 of 6,129
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #879 of 6,129
I'm too much of a newbie at this game to be much good at describing sound differences. But my general impression is that the MH755 is a little weightier (may be the superior seal I get), and possibly a little clearer at the top end. But the BLONs have what seems to me to be a more integrated, balanced sound overall, and are a tad more enjoyable to listen to as a result. I'm finding myself setting out to listen to and analyse aspects of the sound but then just getting lost in the music, which can only be a good sign.

I'm having the same experience with the BLONs... using them at home which I almost never do with IEMs. Honestly I'm kind of in awe of them, great sound.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #882 of 6,129
When people have done the spacer trick for the BLONs, using a section of the barrel of another silicone tip, how long have you made the spacer?
Quite thin for me 2mm - 3mm max. Such a tiny bit, but for my ears it is the size that makes a seal.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #883 of 6,129
Are spinfits or whirlwind silicone good tips for the BL03? Anyone know which size works best for the nozzles?
Wide bore tips work well with them. I bought some generic tips from Trig Rain store and they're fantastic with BL03. Whirlwinds make them sound more open and mid-bass is streamlined. They sound good Sony hybrids as well. I suggest that you try all tips in your collection and decide it. I tried them with some 7-8 tips before finalizing one. Now not only they fit flush but sound fantastic. Although YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back