1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Blon in ear monitors impressions thread

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last
  1. Slater
    You were right about what? That they would be sold out, or something else?

2. Nanokillzx
    I figured they'd be in the same ballpark of BL-03's with roughly similar or frankly the same tuning. Is yours coming up? I'm really curious about the shell, it's also hard to find where the vent/s are if there are any with the acrylic shell

3. rogthefrog
    Hello, friend.

backdrifter and TimeSnow like this.
  4. Slater
    I didn’t order one. I was going to wait and see if people said they were the same or not. However, now that the Blue Jay is sold out, and the red ones people are getting don’t even say Cardinal (but rather something totally different), I am skeptical that I’m even going to take the risk and order one.

I’m perfectly happy with my BL-03, and I don’t need the isolation of the Cardinals because I don’t commute.

1clearhead likes this.
  5. Makahl
    Well, it'll get bright. Etymotic ER4-SR's shell is also metal and there's an x-ray showing the internals:

5862462.jpg
    3354464.jpg

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  6. Nanokillzx
    Woops sorry wrong person, the others that ordered their pairs should be getting their pairs soon.

7. F700
    Just ordered my pair of Bluejay on AE. The BL-03 are on their way too. Cannot wait to put both of them in a head-to-head.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  8. FastAndClean
    but you already have the Blon BL03

F700 likes this.
  9. F700
    On their way, signature updated after ordering stuff. Call me a freak :)

USD 75.- also was too good to resist. The pair between the BL-03 and Bluejay that has to go will make a nice X-Mas present for a friend

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    FastAndClean likes this.
  10. logiatype
    So I've been trying out a KXXS after burning it in for 30 hours (I'll try to get to the magical 100hrs) and to my ears, I can't really tell call them any better than the BL-03 (both are too bassy for me).
    It's going to be very hard to suggest anyone spend money on a 1DD set while the BL-03 gets you at least 80% of the way there. Is this because I'm using them un-amped from an iPhone?

11. Tonymac136
    I can't speak for the KXXS as I don't own it but the 03 sounds better with an amp. It has a tighter grip on the bass. Between amplification and tip rolling the bloomy and inconsistent bass can be improved no end. Mine are actually slightly light in the bass now using MH755 tips, a TRN cable and predominantly an ES100 amp (still unbalanced as I haven't pulled the trigger on any balanced cables yet)

baskingshark likes this.
  12. logiatype
    Don't know if this analogous to portable amps but I went and connected them to a stereo amp (Outlaw RR2160) and can confirm that the flabby bass is MUCH better behaved making them even better. It doesn't smear all over as much as from my phone. I didn't want another device to carry around (amp) but it definitely seems the BLONs really do well with something more than an iPhone lol. Unless 70 hours more burn-in does something magical, I wouldn't hesitate to say the BL-03 are objectively better than the KXXS from the Outlaw...

I regret not trying this with the TAPE before sending them back :confounded:

baskingshark likes this.
  13. Slater
    I feel your pain, friend.

This has been the mistake of more than 1 Audiosense T800 owner. They try it with their phone (or even FiiO M11 as we’ve determined), it sounds shouty and distorted, and it gets sent back or sold off as “defective” or “crappy junk”.

Luis1316 and baskingshark like this.
  14. blaz22
    Hi pal!

Could you give me cable and eartips links? Any cable with mic available?

Cheers!

15. Hisma
    you guys are lucky I have a DSLR & a macro lens :wink:

front -
    [​IMG]

back -
    [​IMG]

Looks like I count 8 vents, though the "apeture" seems to be just a spot of solder or something. Still, looks quick similar to me. What do you think?

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last