BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #662 of 801
Quote:

Depending on your DAC, that might be expected, some DACs only supported 24-bit. That's not a huge deal, as long as you're going up in bit depth :)

This DAC supports 16/24/192 and probably more...

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #663 of 801
Quote:
Quote:

Depending on your DAC, that might be expected, some DACs only supported 24-bit. That's not a huge deal, as long as you're going up in bit depth :)

This DAC supports 16/24/192 and probably more...

In that case, can you get in touch with support@bitperfectsound.com and include the output of Device Info, and we'll look into it.

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #664 of 801
I just downloaded 1.0.4.  How long does it take for BitPerfect to locate the music library on first launch?  My library is on an external drive, and is around 100GB.  

The dialog box says BitPerfect is looking for my music; it's been about a half an hour, and none of the progress bar is filled at all.

Any ideas?

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #665 of 801
This worked for me ... your mileage might vary
L3000.gif

close both programs
start iTunes
then start BitPerfect
now locate your library

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #666 of 801
Thanks.  I've shut things down for the night, but I'll give it try tomorrow.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #668 of 801
Yes, still having problems.  After installing 1.0.4, I can't get BitPerfect to find my library.  At first, when clicking NEXT in the dialog box that comes up, I would get a window with a progress bar, saying BitPerfect is looking for my music.  The progress bar would remain empty, and after an hour or so, nothing would happen.

Now, I'm trying it again--I restarted the Mac, opened iTunes first, then BitPerfect.  Now, when I click NEXT, BitPerfect just quits.  When I revert back to 1.0.2, everything is fine.

I am using the latest iTunes, 11.0.1, and my Mac Mini is running 10.8.2.  My iTunes library is on a external drive, connected to the Mac Mini via FW800.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #670 of 801
Thanks for the reply and the info.  I'll give these suggestions a try. I'm actually quite happy with 1.0.2, which is the most recent working version for me.  For some reason, 1.0.3 caused stuttering, etc., when switching tracks on the fly.  Odd, since my Mac Mini is set up just for iTunes.  The only other 3rd party software installed on it are BitPerfect, and Carbon Copy Cloner.

Thanks again for maintaining and upgrading this software, and keeping the price so low.  It's more than worth it just for the sample rate switching feature alone.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #671 of 801
Is there any way to use bass boost (in iTunes or via another method) and still use BitPerfect? I notice BitPerfect deactivates any EQ set in iTunes. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #673 of 801
Hi Agentsim, having some issues with the auto sample rate switching this evening. Haven't used my external DAC (TEAC UD-H01) in a while so not sure which update to attribute this to. I know it was working fine about 2 months ago though. Have you any suggestions with Audio Midi Setup and/or BitPerfect's settings which might help to solve this? Thanks and thank you for the Retina update!

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #674 of 801
Quote:
Hi Agentsim, having some issues with the auto sample rate switching this evening. Haven't used my external DAC (TEAC UD-H01) in a while so not sure which update to attribute this to. I know it was working fine about 2 months ago though. Have you any suggestions with Audio Midi Setup and/or BitPerfect's settings which might help to solve this? Thanks and thank you for the Retina update!

Hi, sorry to hear about the problem. Can you send me your device info, either via e-mail or PM?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back