BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #692 of 801
We haven't got a solution yet. We were hoping to provide an import tool, but restrictions in the App Store are making it harder to see how that can be done.

May 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #693 of 801
I'm having a lot of issues with BitPerfect halting playback with the latest iTunes that was just released a few days ago. Seems like no matter what setting I have, including the 'Minimize iTunes Interaction', it doesn't play well or stops when the song in an album is finished without going to the next song. 

May 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #694 of 801
I am also having issues after latest iTunes update.  Songs just keep looping after playing for about 10 seconds.  Totally unusable right now.

May 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #695 of 801
I'm having a lot of issues with BitPerfect halting playback with the latest iTunes that was just released a few days ago. Seems like no matter what setting I have, including the 'Minimize iTunes Interaction', it doesn't play well or stops when the song in an album is finished without going to the next song. 

+1
Same problem here :frowning2:

May 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #696 of 801
Sounds like a new version is imminent:

"[size=small]BitPerfect 1.0.7 is now "In Review" with Apple.  That means they should approve (or reject) it within a day or so :)"[/size]

http://bitperfectsound.blogspot.com/2013/05/in-review.html

May 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #697 of 801
Quote:
Sounds like a new version is imminent:

"[size=small]BitPerfect 1.0.7 is now "In Review" with Apple.  That means they should approve (or reject) it within a day or so :)"[/size]

http://bitperfectsound.blogspot.com/2013/05/in-review.html

Slightly delayed, we had to submit the app a second time :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #698 of 801
Jun 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #699 of 801
So, BitPerfect 1.0.7 is fine with iTunes 11.0.4 then?

I'm using 1.0.6 with 11.0.2 with no problem, and have been waiting to update both.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #700 of 801
I was using 1.0.7 with latest iTunes for a few hours yesterday with no issues.

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #702 of 801
Well, I'm now running the latest of everything on my Mac Mini.  OSX 10.8.4, BitPerfect 1.0.7 and iTunes 11.0.4.  Everything is working fine.  Also, the one tiny flaw that I had previously experiencing has now been eliminated:

If I was listening to a 16/44.1 track, and, while playing it, just clicked on the fly to a 24/96 track, there would be a 1/2 second hiccup while the change was being made; then the newly selected track would play without issue.  It's not something I would intentionally do very often, but it's now been cleared up.  Perfect playback in every situation I've tried with this setup.

Overall, BitPerfect has been the single biggest improvement to my headphone listening rig for the amount of money spent.  

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #704 of 801
Yes and no. If the file sample rate and the sample rate setting in audio/midi setup match- the output is bit perfect.

If not, core audio resamples the date to match the system sample rate.

This program does this on the fly automatically, while allowing users to continue to use iTunes.

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #705 of 801
Here's an issue that I've been having. I have several MP3s that I listen to. These are recordings of presentations and talks from conferences. According to my Quicktime, it says that these are 1 channel recordings. When I play these on any other digital devices or iTunes, I get a monophonic output to both the left and right channels. However, when I turn on BitPerfect, it only outputs the left channel. This is a nuisance, especially when I'm wearing headphones (I keep turning my head to listen to the speaker)
biggrin.gif

I suppose that being "Bit Perfect" means that when the Right channel has all 0's in it, then you output all 0's. However, since the metadata in the file identifies the file as being only 1 channel, then the 0's in that right channel can't really be considered to be true audio data, and therefore should not be output as zero sound.

This may be just semantics, as the result would still be the same (i.e., nothing coming out the right channel). would it be possible to determine ahead of time that a track is mono and send it out to both left and right channels?

I know that I can accomplish this by going through all my dozens of talks and marking them "monophonic" in the "information" field in the metadata, but this is a bit of a hack since the lower level metadata already contains a marker identifying it as "1 channel" sound on all the files when I get them. And I don't like having to shut down BitPerfect just so I can hear the mono sound in both headphone channels while listening to talks.

Would adding this capability affect the "minimum processing" mandate of BitPerfect?

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back