BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Oct 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #648 of 801
Any update on 'retinizing' the icons? Thanks

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #650 of 801
Dec 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #651 of 801
At long last, [size=small]BitPerfect 1.0.4 has been released to the App Store.  This version includes new features for managing AirPlay Devices, and a number of minor bug fixes.  It also introduces a new requirement for compliance with Apple’s new App Store posting requirements.[/size]

1. [size=small]Users must grant specific permission to BitPerfect to permit access to music files (on first launch only).[/size]
  2. [size=small]Feature to stop iTunes defaulting to AirPlay devices.[/size]
  3. [size=small] Icon color changes to reflect playback status.[/size]
  4. [size=small]“Retina Display” support.[/size]
  5. [size=small]Fix for broken Volume Control with certain DACs.[/size]
  6. [size=small]Fix for some small bugs that affect gapless playback.[/size]
  7. [size=small]Fix to correct for channel reversal in AirPlay devices.[/size]
  8. [size=small]Option to limit maximum sample rate.[/size]
  9. [size=small]Option to reverse channels on individual tracks. [/size]

[size=small]Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or bug reports![/size]

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #654 of 801
Question-does Bitperfect increase audio quality even when playing 44.1 16 bit tracks in iTunes? My system Audio Midi is already set there. 

Or is Bitperfect mainly for higher quality song files?

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #655 of 801
Quote:
Question-does Bitperfect increase audio quality even when playing 44.1 16 bit tracks in iTunes? My system Audio Midi is already set there. 

Or is Bitperfect mainly for higher quality song files?

It will work on both low and high-res files. I would suggest you try to use lossless audio if possible.
BitPerfect will change what Audio Midi has configured to best match the file you're playing.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #656 of 801
Quote:
It will work on both low and high-res files. I would suggest you try to use lossless audio if possible.
BitPerfect will change what Audio Midi has configured to best match the file you're playing.

But if the Audio Midi matches what I'm playing, BitPerfect doesn't improve anything, right?

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #657 of 801
Quote:
Quote:

But if the Audio Midi matches what I'm playing, BitPerfect doesn't improve anything, right?

BitPerfect does the reconfiguration (you can see the changes in Audio Midi) but it is also more efficient at playback (which improves quality) and provides better sample rate converters and other configuration options to get the best out of your system.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #660 of 801
Why when I play a podcast (32kbps) with BitPerfect activated, it displays 24/44.1? There's now way the podcast is 24 bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back