BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Jun 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #634 of 801
The issues referred to in those posts are actually due to a bug in iTunes. iTunes does not tell BitPerfect about the track ordering properly so BitPerfect winds up queueing the wrong track.

You can read about this in the "fixedindexing" section of the manual.

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #637 of 801
Love the app, Retina/HiDPI icons for the Menu Bar Icon and for the iTunes icon in Preferences would be appreciated!

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #638 of 801
I've just received my retina macbook, so I'll be looking to update those icons :)

As for VST / Integer Mode stuff, it is all coming, just slower than I had hoped. Integer Mode on Lion/Mountain Lion has been in private beta for a while, but still has kinks to be worked out.

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #639 of 801
Great to hear, thanks! The RMBP is brilliant isn't it!
Quote:
I've just received my retina macbook, so I'll be looking to update those icons :)

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #640 of 801
Quote:
I've had all of the versions of BitPerfect, and never had any of the problems mentioned by some in this forum until now.  The latest version, 1.03, is behaving oddly.  It seems like tracks are cutting off 3 or 4 seconds from the end.  Sometimes this just means no silence between tracks, or if there is a fadeout, it ends early and abruptly.  

Then, there will usually be a tiny, soft tick or pop, and the next track will start at the beginning.  This is happening with all my music, whether 44.1/16, 96/24, etc.  No glitches during the playing of any tracks; only the slightly early end, a tick or two, and then the next one starts with no gap in between (Yes, I have always had Sound Check disabled, of course).

I'm using a Mac Mini which is dedicated as a music player, so everything else is disabled, turned off, etc.  I'm feeding a W4S DAC2 via USB.  I have all of the BitPerfect manual's recommended options selected, and have not changed them.  It has worked perfectly until this newest version.  

Exact same issues here too.
Up 'til a week ago, I've had no issues running a Mac Mini 10.7.4 USB to Arcam rDAC through several versions of BP.
I just switched to a W4S DAC2 and I get clicks, ticks, pops between tracks. Sometimes the last few seconds of a song get cut off like RJM reported.
Other than those small issues, the playback SQ is great.
I've systematically tried changing most settings to no avail.
Should I revert to v1.02? if so, where can I get it?
or would you like another beta tester Tim?

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #641 of 801
I was having a think, and it's probably a little far fetched, but it would be great if you could use BitPerfect in conjunction with other apps (selectable by the menu bar icon maybe?) such as VLC and Spotify. Are there any future plans for other software integration like this?

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #642 of 801
Quote:

Exact same issues here too.
Up 'til a week ago, I've had no issues running a Mac Mini 10.7.4 USB to Arcam rDAC through several versions of BP.
I just switched to a W4S DAC2 and I get clicks, ticks, pops between tracks. Sometimes the last few seconds of a song get cut off like RJM reported.
Other than those small issues, the playback SQ is great.
I've systematically tried changing most settings to no avail.
Should I revert to v1.02? if so, where can I get it?
or would you like another beta tester Tim?

Thanks for the beta test version agentsim
Fixed my little hiccups with v1.03
Keep up the great work
Cheers

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #643 of 801
Quote:
I was having a think, and it's probably a little far fetched, but it would be great if you could use BitPerfect in conjunction with other apps (selectable by the menu bar icon maybe?) such as VLC and Spotify. Are there any future plans for other software integration like this?

That depends on the app. For video players like VLC, syncing audio to video would be next to impossible to do in an external program. I have thought of doing integrations with other music organizers, but I haven't really looked into it in detail yet.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #644 of 801
Thanks for the reply, I can see why it would be an issue for VLC thinking about it, and it probably wouldn't be worth doing with streaming programs like spotify.
Quote:
That depends on the app. For video players like VLC, syncing audio to video would be next to impossible to do in an external program. I have thought of doing integrations with other music organizers, but I haven't really looked into it in detail yet.

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #645 of 801
Are there any plans to make BitPerfect compatible with non-iTunes players?  Or more accurately, is it even possible?  I'd like compatibility with Enqueue, as managing FLAC libraries is much simpler there than iTunes.  Also, is there any way to contact support directly?

EDIT: I should have read the last 2 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back