BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Mar 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #601 of 801

Quote:
Hi Agentsim,

A short question about BitPerfect.

I'm listening radio via iTunes@Win7 most time, but I can't find any program or add-on can enhanced sound quality for radio streaming on Windows system.

So, my question is your BitPerfect will do this? (Enhance the radio streaming sound quality for iTunes)

If that's possible, I would like to purchase a mac and BitPerfect as sound source.

Thank you!

Best,

Pal

BitPerfect won't play radio streams, it will hand control back to iTunes in those cases.

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #602 of 801
This is peculiar, the iTunes Application Store confirms I have version 1.0.2 installed but I can not see the icon on the bar of the iMac and I would like to use it. How do I find Bitperfect on the iMac? 
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #604 of 801
Search: BitPerfect in Spotlight. That should bring it up, if nothing else. Oddly, at this point, I almost never use the dock or apps folder to launch anything. It's just so much easier to press CMD+space, type, press enter.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #605 of 801
Just bought BitPerfect today, so far I'm noticing a slight improvement in my setup.. but I'm still tweaking my settings. I noticed that as soon as I enable upsampling, I get no more sound. Any idea what that could be? 

Apr 12, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #606 of 801
Hi,

probably your Dac does not recognize the new sample rate, try to lower it.

AF

Quote:
Just bought BitPerfect today, so far I'm noticing a slight improvement in my setup.. but I'm still tweaking my settings. I noticed that as soon as I enable upsampling, I get no more sound. Any idea what that could be? 

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #607 of 801

Quote:
Hi,

probably your Dac does not recognize the new sample rate, try to lower it.

AF

Precisely. What DAC is being used?

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #608 of 801

Quote:
Tim--

I, too, have a Audioengine D1 DAC, and while it does fine with Integer Mode, it doesn't seem to allow Bitperfect to output 24 bits. High-rez tracks read 16/96 instead of 24/96. When the DAC isn't connected, Bitperfect pads everything to 24 bits, even ordinary redbook files.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Alex

Was this issue ever resolved? Was it a bug?

May 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #610 of 801
I just purchased BitPerfect after trying many other players. I liked that there is good documentation on the BitPerfect website, and the app seems to be updated frequently. I will post what I think when I've had a chance to play around with it!

agentsim, are you Canadian out of curiosity?

May 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #612 of 801
Got this on the app store a few weeks ago and I love it! Money well spent, thanks!

Although I just noticed this, when I have my DAC connected through USB, BitPerfect doesn't like to output sound to the USB, but rather just plays through the macbook speakers. When I turn BitPerfect off my computer's sound outputs to my DAC again. This isn't a huge deal at the moment because my DAC takes optical and coax inputs that don't have this problem, but I do plan on getting a USB DAC soon (HRT MSII) and want to make sure it will work for the new DAC.

May 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #614 of 801
Oh hah, silly me. Like I said it was a thing I just noticed and didn't really spend time troubleshooting, now I feel a little embarrassed..

Once again, thanks for making this app and thanks for being available to answer my dumb question.

May 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #615 of 801
I've noticed that if I try to rewind a song in iTunes while I'm using BitPerfect that the track will not rewind to the beginning, but only goes back to the 3 or 4 second mark. This doesn't happen when I use iTunes only. How can I fix this problem? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back