Bit of a painful headphone purchasing dilemma (All advice welcome!!)
Nov 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
these are great suggestions but I'm literally broke. What about the K240s cups?

such painful decisions. literally.

Take any headphone that fits around your ears well, and then stuff tissue/paper towel under the pad from the inside, it will push them out more and keep your ears off better. Easy fix.

Very best,

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Take any headphone that fits around your ears well, and then stuff tissue/paper towel under the pad from the inside, it will push them out more and keep your ears off better. Easy fix.

Very best,

why wasn't I smart enough to think of that wow

but I'm gonna have tissues there all the time that's so inconvenient

good temp fix, thank you!

Quote:
Maybe the ATH AD700?

Have you considered trying some In Ears OP?

Will try those. Thank you.

In ears are fine for me but there's evident sacrifices you make with them. plus having them in all the time feels weird to me.

I'm being really picky, sorry if I sound as if I'm never going to be pleased.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

why wasn't I smart enough to think of that wow

but I'm gonna have tissues there all the time that's so inconvenient

good temp fix, thank you!

Will try those. Thank you.

In ears are fine for me but there's evident sacrifices you make with them. plus having them in all the time feels weird to me.

I'm being really picky, sorry if I sound as if I'm never going to be pleased.

oh man, don't worry. I'm worse trust me.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #23 of 32
HD598's are pretty darn comfy too with large valour earpads and rather deep earcups, you should give this a consideration too
tongue_smile.gif

and yes you can stuff things like cotton or tissue under the back of the earpads to help with comfort if nessasary

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #24 of 32
only problem about those is that the earcups are a bit curvy, so if his ears are really large they might be bended in an annoying way. Depth wise they are amazing though!

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #25 of 32
OP if you are still out there.. I can say having ears that stick out (in a Will Smith studly kind of way - no not really) that I would avoid the DT770 i mentioned earlier. I have the 770 premium and I put on the 770 pro today and I never realized this but the cups are more shallow on the pro version. Imagine that.

I saw the K701 recommended. Those are a bit deeper than the 770 I checked it. Stuffing under the pads is not a bad idea to try. It will change the sound but then again so will different sized ears so it is worth a shot.

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #26 of 32
So what I'm looking for is cups with depth?
My ears don't stick out terribly. I don't even know what to say cause I never thought they were that big, they just scrape ever headphone I've ever owned.

Why are the DJ ones with the tiny earholes considered over-ear if nobody has ears that tiny? Am I missing something?

The Koss PRO3/4AA look like they have huge earpads. Anyone vouch for those?

So much to handle. Would definitely just drop $$ on the HD380 if they weren't $200

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #29 of 32
Id pay the extra bucks to avoid dakmart. Too many horror stories. Vm is legit. Got some there and they came in factory sealed refurb packaging in like new condition in every way. Plus you can save a few bucks with a coupon code if u look it up. Used to be "facebook"

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #30 of 32
^^^ Comes out to about $70 with coupon for the 280s which is what I paid for the 428 and 105 for the 380s. Definitely settled now. Thanks to everyone for their assistance in this thread!! Will update again when the headphones come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back