BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 29, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #46 of 5,353
Here is DM6 guys....
IMG_20181129_204607.jpg
IMG_20181129_205018.jpg
IMG_20181129_205028.jpg

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #47 of 5,353
Some people on massdrop are reporting that the Knowles 30017 driver is missing and they only can see 4 custom bgvp drivers and one knowles 22955 on the clear models. Anyone can verify this here?

I can only see the big Knowles 22955 driver. 2 smaller ones have BGVP printed on them and 2 of them have nothing printed on them on the side that is visible (since 4 of them are joined together right at the nozzle).

Judging from amazon pics this is normal, however the Knowles 30017 has weird looking plates on both sides and you can't possibly cover both of them while arranging the BAs in a rectangle.
I will hate to start a conspiracy so I will leave it to people actually owning the DM6, but I also can't see the Knowles 30017 in the official marketing material.

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #48 of 5,353
Hi all,

I am new to the Forum. Wouldn´t consider myself an audiophile but I was a musician for many years and always cared about good sound to say the least. My little one helped me getting into the hobby a bit by breaking my low budget Sennheiser IEMs. I did a lot of research on what IEMs have a reasonable good sound on a budget to improve my listening experience. I ended up on @Hawaiibadboy s youtube channel and was fascinated by the honest, factual reviews. At first I intended to go for the DMG but then thought - what the hell, let´s go for the DM6, why not. So on November 23rd I ordered a pair of green ones from Aliexpress - I think I catched a black friday discount. Looking really forward in receiving these altough it´ll take couple of weeks to get them to Germany but I rather wait a bit longer and hope they keep up the quality no matter the demand. Oh and while I was on it, I ordered a linsoul balanced upgrade cable & a Fiio Q1 MK2 to give my audiophile starter kit a nice finish :ksc75smile:

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #51 of 5,353
Welcome @PapaHet ! Hope you have a great start to this rabbit hole of a hobby. Get your digging boots on! Haha :D
Thanks buddy - I think I stumbled into something here :floatsmile:

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #52 of 5,353
Nov 29, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #53 of 5,353
I think I just went the opposite way most people do DM6 -> DMG
Man I loved everything about the DM6 except the treble issue I have with some of my music. I hope I can tune the DMG better while it keeps most of the pro's of the BGVP sound.
If not I'm done with chi-fi and will just re-buy the UM pro 30's that broke on me. Soundstage is overrated (if the DMG isn't playing up nice) :p

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #54 of 5,353
So does the wifey :deadhorse:
Mine too guys....
DMG & DM6 both in 2 weeks.....
You can imagine her face when she found out about those parcels in our mail
Both arrived the same week...
God help my wallet.. .

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #55 of 5,353
So does the wifey :deadhorse:

This is why I've got divorced.
But I found new love (woman I mean) which I have kid with.
Even though I love her and she loves me her sight was killing me because of all packages coming in last 2 weeks. Who expected that when all 11.11 and Black Friday packages will come whe will be home off-sick!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #57 of 5,353
Yeah .. that's why i ship my packages to work :ksc75smile:
Yeah.....
Tried that too....
But found out she was watching over my mail dude.... Like a fox over the chicken nest..... Females are sneaky by nature man.. .

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #58 of 5,353
This thread is picking up pace. I have my DM6 with MD and god knows when I will receive them. According to them, they will receive the remainder this week and will ship them out probably next week or so. I just hope they keep the quality the same as what BGGR got for his impression vids. Rather wait a little longer and get the iems properly tuned and as how they should be.

I believe the cable is going to be a random one. I am sure those are not balanced cables. Looks like I will need a good copper balanced cable and some Mandarin/symbio?? tips.

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #60 of 5,353
Hi all,

I'm in the process of ordering a pair.
Hardest thing is deciding on color.
Plan on using these at the gym with a Bluetooth cord.
Anyone else doing the same and with what cord?
Last did anyone else take advantage of the sale price on Ali site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back