BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 15, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #1,576 of 5,353
NICEHCK Copper Cables Review (sort of) :

I already own the much vaunted and highly recommended - NICEHCK 8 Core Pure Copper Cable.
The NICEHCK 16 core cable arrived today.
(Im testing on Toneking T4 as I don't have the DM6)
Anyway, is the 16 core better than the 8 core? - They are both very good cables. The 16 core performed pretty much as I expected
Mids and highs are slightly softer yet more resolving and more clearly defined in the soundstage than with the already excellent 8 core cable
Mids are a bit more warm and softer with the 16 core
The bass has not increased in relation [with the extra 8 cores] but over all there is more warmth with the 16 than the 8 core yet it feels the frequencies
have not lost their individual clarity
The cable is softer and even more comfortable than the 8 core

The cable is around £8-10 more than the 8 core so is it worth it?
For me YES! because T4 is a bright, clean supremely detailed IEM so the cables add more low end in general with the 16 core offering even more warmth
with the mids and a softening of highs
Someone mentioned the DM6 is warm? - That being the case I would imagine the 8 core would be very suited to the DM6. :)

Thank you for your review. Isn't is a problem that the 16 core does not have the ear hook?

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #1,578 of 5,353
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #1,579 of 5,353
Thank you for your review. Isn't is a problem that the 16 core does not have the ear hook?

Not at all...works great for me anyway...for both the 8 and the 16. The 8 has plastic over the ear hook parts, but the 16 doesn't. It just sits over the ear nicely.
If not then they have an awesome cinch . . . or whatever the word is !

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #1,581 of 5,353
Ty will try balanced, wondering what size are the ear tip bores? Need to know what tips to get.

Only Sony Hybrid Tips have worked for me. It seems that with the wrong tip they can feel like they have an airtight fit, though mistakenly have no bass. Some have reported treble detail and midrange attenuation rolling tips.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #1,582 of 5,353
a bit sacrilegious, but:

If BGVP can do this at $200, what can they do at like $300? Given the rapid pace of iteration in Chinese companies, I wonder when we'll find out. Frankly, I might just buy them ASAP when that happens so I don't happen to wait. (I don't know how much better they can get, but...)

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #1,583 of 5,353
a bit sacrilegious, but:

If BGVP can do this at $200, what can they do at like $300? Given the rapid pace of iteration in Chinese companies, I wonder when we'll find out. Frankly, I might just buy them ASAP when that happens so I don't happen to wait. (I don't know how much better they can get, but...)

Everytime a company has made a hit like this they inevitably go up in price for a product which is more of a sidegrade on their original killer product. Every single time.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,584 of 5,353
Everytime a company has made a hit like this they inevitably go up in price for a product which is more of a sidegrade on their original killer product. Every single time.
maybe BGVP will be the one to fulfill our dreams! (maybe.)

but yeah, that's almost understandable, as maybe there's just not much place to go from here except sideways without making some crazy changes. i'm kind of curious if they could get something with a dynamic driver but the DM6's mids and highs, and maybe fix the 10k thing (not that I really notice, ahem). back when i first got into IEMs, dynamic drivers weren't a thing in TOTL sets, and to me the BA bass in the DM6 already sounds amazing. But I'm definitely curious how a dynamic would sound!

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #1,585 of 5,353
a bit sacrilegious, but:

Hit IEMs are a little like a hit blockbuster movie or hit song. A style of magic comes together, and it makes you wonder if the DM6 is just great engineering or luck, or both. It’s not technical superiority but a tune that they arrived at. Meaning even a closer to perfect tune with the 10k dip restored may not sound as good. Add more drivers or a DD and it may not be what the DM6 is. Personally I don’t see lightning striking twice.

Normally they come out with a cheaper version of the IEM with the same name which ends up being a shadow of former glory; but still good.

Keep on the lookout for the DM6 Youth Edition.

The one time it did improve was when they went from the Piston 2 to the Piston 3. So there is chance it could get better. You know they are probably building it as we speak.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #1,586 of 5,353
maybe BGVP will be the one to fulfill our dreams! (maybe.)

but yeah, that's almost understandable, as maybe there's just not much place to go from here except sideways without making some crazy changes. i'm kind of curious if they could get something with a dynamic driver but the DM6's mids and highs, and maybe fix the 10k thing (not that I really notice, ahem). back when i first got into IEMs, dynamic drivers weren't a thing in TOTL sets, and to me the BA bass in the DM6 already sounds amazing. But I'm definitely curious how a dynamic would sound!
That would be an upgraded DMG with better dynamic driver. The balanced armatures on that set are already excellent to my ears, if they just put a faster/tighter dd it might beat the DM6

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #1,587 of 5,353
i generally don't like hybrid DD and BA designs.. most i have tried sounds off.. like the bass and the rest of the spectrum not blended nicely. i much prefer single DD design or a Multi BA arrangement.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #1,588 of 5,353
Balanced made THE difference to me. Your mileage may vary.

maybe it's because if the Sony DAP you're using. most of my friends who are using Sony DAP always use balanced if they could because the balanced output is more optimized and just sound better.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #1,589 of 5,353
I had bad experience with linsoul, I asked them about a specific color to know the shipping time as they advice, they told it gonna be 8-10 days, over 13 days still not shipped, I emailed them and they said he we have another color in stock if you want to change and we will ship it tomorrow, I accepted the different color to get them shipped tomorrow, now it's over a week and not shipped yet!

that's how I feel now

they are just as unprofessional as Aliexpress seller, just told me to wait for months from the start

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #1,590 of 5,353
Only Sony Hybrid Tips have worked for me. It seems that with the wrong tip they can feel like they have an airtight fit, though mistakenly have no bass. Some have reported treble detail and midrange attenuation rolling tips.

Which Sony Hybrid Tips do you like? Is it the SONY EP-EX11?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back