BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #1,607 of 5,353
BGVP.jpg
Dear Lord these sound good. One song that sticks out for me - listening to Bohemian Rhapsody and when the Galileo's come in its crazy how you can hear how far away they are singing from the mic. Feels like I'm hearing piano notes I've never heard before. Just pretty blown away.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,608 of 5,353
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,609 of 5,353
I think mine is still in a dingy somewhere in the middle of the ocean... no updates still.

Meanwhile I will look forward to more of your impressions. Please don’t forget to compare the SPC and the OCC.

Well do I'll of course let them burn in, plus I need to adjust to the signature.
I know others go for the other NiceNck cables, but when i buy copper dammit I want it to show.
Besides I get the feeling this cable has done a good job of making the treble less hot.
If you like the eph100 you'll love these, don't think timbre is the same, but these have a great well balanced sound, you'll love them I'm sure.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #1,610 of 5,353
Dear Lord these sound good. One song that sticks out for me - listening to Bohemian Rhapsody and when the Galileo's come in its crazy how you can hear how far away they are singing from the mic. Feels like I'm hearing piano notes I've never heard before. Just pretty blown away.
Yasss! These are MONSTERS in detail! Love these things!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #1,612 of 5,353
Is it just me, or have these been made the wrong way around?? Red is Right and Blue is Left, or at least should be...
I noticed this too...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #1,613 of 5,353
Is it just me, or have these been made the wrong way around?? Red is Right and Blue is Left, or at least should be...

In that case - Now that’s what you call a REAL one off custom :D

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #1,614 of 5,353
If you like the eph100 you'll love these, don't think timbre is the same, but these have a great well balanced sound, you'll love them I'm sure.

Man to my own heart, loved the EPH-100's was absolutely spewing when i lost my stock tips for those as replacement tips never sounded as good as the triple flange, also the cable ended up wearing. I actually tried hunting down another pair not too long ago. Also sidenote, just like eph100 these are the best IEMs i've used for trance.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #1,615 of 5,353
Well do I'll of course let them burn in, plus I need to adjust to the signature.
I know others go for the other NiceNck cables, but when i buy copper dammit I want it to show.
Besides I get the feeling this cable has done a good job of making the treble less hot.

Thats got to be quality cable at that price point.
I personally prefer dark copper coloured cable sheath. I’m still trying to decide whether to order the BGVP OCC or save some money and get the cheaper NiceHCK High Quality copper cable
that is already tried and tested. It’s been tested to have excellent conductivity irrelevant of the fact it is not OCC. No feedback still on the BGVP OCC.

I got a feeling that the NiceHCK cable is all that’s really needed and anything costing above that is likely to yield disproportionate returns.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #1,616 of 5,353
Man to my own heart, loved the EPH-100's ... just like eph100 these are the best IEMs i've used for trance.

Excellent - more thumps up from another fellow EPH100 and Trance lover. I loved those things too.
I was camping hard in the EPH100 thread right firm the beginning.
You guys are making my wait so much more difficult.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #1,618 of 5,353
I personally prefer dark copper coloured cable sheath. I’m still trying to decide whether to order the BGVP OCC or save some money and get the cheaper NiceHCK High Quality copper cable
that is already tried and tested. It’s been tested to have excellent conductivity irrelevant of the fact it is not OCC. No feedback still on the BGVP OCC.

I got a feeling that the NiceHCK cable is all that’s really needed and anything costing above that is likely to yield disproportionate returns.
I have the BGVP OCC and love it! The dark copper is striking in person. Was thinking about getting the $23 NiceHCK for comparison.
Also, check this out: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...uck-cable-thread.891911/page-32#post-14722473

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #1,619 of 5,353

Buy nicehck. The only thing i like more in bgvp cooper version is its looks. As this cable really nice looking. Better have such tested cable with lower price.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,620 of 5,353
Man to my own heart, loved the EPH-100's was absolutely spewing when i lost my stock tips for those as replacement tips never sounded as good as the triple flange, also the cable ended up wearing. I actually tried hunting down another pair not too long ago. Also sidenote, just like eph100 these are the best IEMs i've used for trance.
I'm now listen to my most well known trance track Armin van buuren - Winter stayed.

This track is my benchmark for Trance, i know it inside out, it's what i used to test the eph100's.

You'll be very pleased to know I give them two thumbs up for trance, they have that wide spatial sound that made the eph-100 so good for trance.

I still prefer them for trance, but the dm6 ranks close.
Also the eph-100 let's you get away with playing video, the dm6 picks out the compression easily so decent recordings only I'm afraid

Don't go by first impressions, after just a few hours breaking in they're already showing great promise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back