BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 2, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #5,311 of 5,353
Can you tell the serial number etched in the VG4 unit for the new 2.0 tuning?

Mine is 199.
Hey, I'm travelling and can only check that in a week once I'm back home. Did you buy this new from BGVP/one of its sellers or a used one last month? If used, do you know the original purchase date/month?

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #5,312 of 5,353
Hey, I'm travelling and can only check that in a week once I'm back home. Did you buy this new from BGVP/one of its sellers or a used one last month? If used, do you know the original purchase date/month?
I bought it new from local authorized dealer last month. Issue is, the seller themself are not sure when they received the stock.

Seems like old stock because it's discounted heavily (mine bought at $150). This is my first >$100 IEM, though my VG4 (with IA) sounds so good I exclusively listen music with it. (all my blons and KZ now only receive call and play YT vids). This is coming from someone who used to think >$150 headphone (DT770, M50x, etc.) are just ok.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #5,313 of 5,353
I bought it new from local authorized dealer last month. Issue is, the seller themself are not sure when they received the stock.

Seems like old stock because it's discounted heavily (mine bought at $150). This is my first >$100 IEM, though my VG4 (with IA) sounds so good I exclusively listen music with it. (all my blons and KZ now only receive call and play YT vids). This is coming from someone who used to think >$150 headphone (DT770, M50x, etc.) are just ok.
Alright. The main thing that was retuned based on my recommendations was the lower-treble. The 8kHz lower treble peak was brought down by around 5dB or so IIRC. The first version had sibilance and unnatural treble harshness.

It's been more than 1.5 years since the update, so I'm guessing yours is the updated version. Also, if your VG4 does not have sibilance/unnatural peaky treble, you definitely have the updated version.

VG4 is an excellent IEM for the price. I like it more than DM7. One for $150 is a steal!

Hope this helps!

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #5,314 of 5,353
I'm very late to this party! I keep hearing great things about the DM6 from people who loved their Ultimate Ears TrippleFi 10's. My TF10's are showing their age and I'm due for an upgrade, but want to keep the general sound.
I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on the DM6.
1. Anyone with the clear shell, is condensation a problem?
2. Does the clarity get cloudy over time?
3. I'm sensitive to sibilance and I've heard some say these can be sibilant with some tracks. Can this be corrected with PEQ? I'll probably only listen to them on my Qudelix 5k.

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #5,315 of 5,353
Anyone have this one, NE5 it sounds so good! It remains me the Campfire Solaris, do I'm crazy lol It cost $499.

20220125_155224.jpg

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #5,316 of 5,353
Hello, I have DX160(2020) with a pair of BGVP DM8(wood).
My situation is that I found it nearly impossible to get "right" volume, either too loud or too quiet.
I have already set the DX160 in low gain, and just 1/100 or 2/100 volume control can drive the DM8.
Would anything help my situation? Thanks.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #5,317 of 5,353
I'm very late to this party! I keep hearing great things about the DM6 from people who loved their Ultimate Ears TrippleFi 10's. My TF10's are showing their age and I'm due for an upgrade, but want to keep the general sound.
I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on the DM6.
1. Anyone with the clear shell, is condensation a problem?
2. Does the clarity get cloudy over time?
3. I'm sensitive to sibilance and I've heard some say these can be sibilant with some tracks. Can this be corrected with PEQ? I'll probably only listen to them on my Qudelix 5k.
Sorry I’m so late answering these questions. I have two BGVP DM6s. One is opaque black, but the other is the light blue, and it is very clear in a way. No problems with clarity or condensation? It looks just like when I purchased it in 2018?

Can’t comment on sibilance as I never notice it?

Hope this helps?

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #5,318 of 5,353
Anyone have this one, NE5 it sounds so good! It remains me the Campfire Solaris, do I'm crazy lol It cost $499.

In terms of tonality, I definitely prefer NE5 over the Solaris pre-2020 as it sounds much more natural and involving. Plus it has such a comfortable fit. Can't say the same for Solaris.:sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #5,319 of 5,353
Hello, I have DX160(2020) with a pair of BGVP DM8(wood).
My situation is that I found it nearly impossible to get "right" volume, either too loud or too quiet.
I have already set the DX160 in low gain, and just 1/100 or 2/100 volume control can drive the DM8.
Would anything help my situation? Thanks.

That's odd! DM8 is very easy to drive but 1 or 2 /100 is definitely not normal. Try factory resetting your DX160 once and then check.

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #5,320 of 5,353
Since I haven't been around for a while, I went back to read a few pages. I'm glad so many people are still enjoying the DM6 so much. Having bought them in 2018, they've been my go-to monitors ever since.

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #5,321 of 5,353
Since I haven't been around for a while, I went back to read a few pages. I'm glad so many people are still enjoying the DM6 so much. Having bought them in 2018, they've been my go-to monitors ever since.
They are great!

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #5,322 of 5,353
I still enjoy the 'Bass Cannon' BGVP NS9. They might not have the finesse of some but their 'Staging' is something else and if you want Bass 'Throb' they give it....for a very little dosh. Two "Dynamic" drivers and 7 BA's.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #5,323 of 5,353
I wanted to follow up after a few weeks with the DM6. I got the dark blue/transparent color. They look beautiful and seem very well built.

Unfortunately at first listen I thought they were too sibilant for me. Ps and Ts had a sharp/squeaky sound to them. PEQ reduced the amplitude, but not the sharp/squeaky nature.
I really wanted to like these, even if they're not my #1 go to IEM. I can't return them.

Later I tried foam tips (I usually don't like foam tips because they reduce a lot of treble), and it was exactly what they needed! No more sharp/squeaky Ps or Ts! I can use these without EQ now! The treble is still very clear and detailed with the foam tips. I can't take these out of my ears! I wear them all day, every day!
Also, with a completely sealed shell and foam tips, the isolation is superior to some of my other IEMs. I have the Blessing 2(vented) and Timeless(vented).

I do rotate between the BM6, B2 and Timeless, but I feel if I got the DM6 first, I probably wouldn't have bought the B2 or Timeless.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #5,324 of 5,353
I use a pure copper cable to tame the sibilance.

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #5,325 of 5,353
Just like some advice. I was a happy user of the DM6 & DM7, but over time, while the DM7 is better sounding than DM6, I find that the high is lacking for my liking, and the mid is too forward. I got the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk which I like, but the bass is not as good as DM7 (my opinion). DM6 & DM7 are still the most comfortable IEM that I got. It just fits very well on my ears. Blessing 2 Dusk with a big bore tube that is a bit uncomfortable.

The real question is if ArtMagic VG4 might fit the sound signature for me? I can't find a way to audition the VG4 yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back