BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 20, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #3,018 of 5,353
They arrived! And look and sound great! Not shure if they're worth the huge hype but sounding real good nonetheless.
I was mostly listening to the magaosi k5's before and the dm6's ,allthough better, sound comparable to me. A little more detail in the high end and bit more bass. They are twice the price afterall.

No sibilance at all for me. The stock cable didn't even sound all that bad to me. It is really cheap feeling and badly made though. It has a bad connection right out of the box. I have to wiggle the wires to make both sides play. Penon did provide me an extra cable tough wich looks, feels and sounds good. But since i had the nicehck balanced 16 core copper cable laying around, i just used that one. It does improve the sound for me, but i'm not sure if it's due to the fact that it's balanced or because of the copper wires. Maybe both...

Best tips for me, as always, are the spinfits. Great seal and no problem with building pressure. They do fit loose on the nozzle, as previously reported though. I ordered some spinfits with a 3mm diameter so they're a bit tighter on there.

All in all satisfied with the dm6's. But if i could have heard them before purchasing, not sure if the upgrade over the k5's would have been worth 200 dollars. Have only been listening for 2 hours now. Will certainly be putting some hours on them in the next few weeks.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #3,020 of 5,353
This is my first step into the world of IEMs. I know from reading need to let them burn in. Was gonna order the Nicehck 16 copper cable. I also ordered a Fiio MK2 Q1since I am going to be using my Note 8. As well as a pair of Tin T3's. Should I get the able in 2.5mm balanced?

I’ve had mine since late October.
Great IEMs, and with the Kanas Pro, the ones I use the most. I use the Sony MW1A as my main source, with a Hiby R3 as backup and extreme portable use. I prefer the DM6 balanced, because of power which drives dynamics, so i have a couple of 2.5mm terminates cables (copper and silver plated copper) that I use.
I’ve ordered a Cooper cable terminates in 4.4mm for the DM6 and the Sony.

Enjoy!

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #3,022 of 5,353
This is my first step into the world of IEMs. I know from reading need to let them burn in. Was gonna order the Nicehck 16 copper cable. I also ordered a Fiio MK2 Q1since I am going to be using my Note 8. As well as a pair of Tin T3's. Should I get the able in 2.5mm balanced?
Make sure you get the CL06 cable from fiio to prevent the q1mkii from drawing power from your phone :)

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,023 of 5,353
They arrived! And look and sound great! Not shure if they're worth the huge hype but sounding real good nonetheless.
I was mostly listening to the magaosi k5's before and the dm6's ,allthough better, sound comparable to me. A little more detail in the high end and bit more bass. They are twice the price afterall.

No sibilance at all for me. The stock cable didn't even sound all that bad to me. It is really cheap feeling and badly made though. It has a bad connection right out of the box. I have to wiggle the wires to make both sides play. Penon did provide me an extra cable tough wich looks, feels and sounds good. But since i had the nicehck balanced 16 core copper cable laying around, i just used that one. It does improve the sound for me, but i'm not sure if it's due to the fact that it's balanced or because of the copper wires. Maybe both...

Best tips for me, as always, are the spinfits. Great seal and no problem with building pressure. They do fit loose on the nozzle, as previously reported though. I ordered some spinfits with a 3mm diameter so they're a bit tighter on there.

All in all satisfied with the dm6's. But if i could have heard them before purchasing, not sure if the upgrade over the k5's would have been worth 200 dollars. Have only been listening for 2 hours now. Will certainly be putting some hours on them in the next few weeks.

Hopefully they will grow on you. I felt the same when I upgraded from my CA comets to dm6, but after some listening...the dm6 stole my heart:)

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #3,026 of 5,353

Put I nice tight fitting tip on the nozzle and get a nice seal in the ear and put 100+ hrs on them and I'm sure you will hear a big difference... It happen to me at least..

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #3,027 of 5,353
If you order dm6, ordering an extra cable is a must imo. The stock cable is an absolute shame for 200 dollar iem's.

Also, i urge every dm6 owner to go listen to 'bury a friend' by billie eilish. Even if it's not your cup of tea, man that song sounds great.

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #3,030 of 5,353
Make sure you get the CL06 cable from fiio to prevent the q1mkii from drawing power from your phone :)

The Shanling L2 works as well but is double the price Looks good though...
20190312_105326-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back