BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 29, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,008 of 5,353
Just received my customized DM6 in the mail from the A&V store (ordered 11/08, shipped on 12/16). First impressions are positive. Look and fit are great. I got a very good seal with the Symbio W Peel tips. Bass is well control but can be impactful when the song demands it. Mid is a bit recessed. High is airy but I wish there were a bit more extension. In term of the service, the Michealchan guy asked me to choose from one of BGVP's cable options then proceed to send me the wrong one. I wanted the grey/silver balanced 2.5mm but they gave me the 3.5mm cable instead. However, I am grateful to get my DM6s given the current situation that many DM6 buyers are facing.

UTB8pUrRmTzIXKJkSafVq6yWgXXaL.jpg
UTB81P6PmJnJXKJkSaiyq6AhwXXan.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #1,009 of 5,353
Just received my customized DM6 in the mail from the A&V store (ordered 11/08, shipped on 12/16). First impressions are positive. Look and fit are great. I got a very good seal with the Symbio W Peel tips. Bass is well control but can be impactful when the song demands it. Mid is a bit recessed. High is airy but I wish there were a bit more extension. In term of the service, the Michealchan guy asked me to choose from one of BGVP's cable options then proceed to send me the wrong one. I wanted the grey/silver balanced 2.5mm but they gave me the 3.5mm cable instead. However, I am grateful to get my DM6s given the current situation that many DM6 buyers are facing.

h8nsVL6.jpg

C0A8eDj.jpg
Doesn't sound very positive. As the "best" chi fi for the money you received after soo long waiting. :) Or it's just seems so. By the way, in your picture symbio is not peel version, as peel should be without orange insert material. So which version you have.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #1,010 of 5,353
the Michealchan guy asked me to choose from one of BGVP's cable options then proceed to send me the wrong one. I wanted the grey/silver balanced 2.5mm but they gave me the 3.5mm cable

h8nsVL6.jpg

C0A8eDj.jpg

How is it possible to choose diferent version of the cable. I mean 2.5 balanced and 3.5 normal. As i remember there was only possibility to choose from cooper and silver plated. And even this wasn't as an option in this a/v shop. Or it was possible for you because you have ordered customised version?

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #1,011 of 5,353
@MariusAB I peeled out the foam in my Symbio W after a while to get the best fit because I find the foam to be a bit hard sometimes. That should make it the same as the peeled version. For the sound, I haven't had much time listening to it yet so my impression about its sound signature might change once I do get a chance to actually sit down and critically listen. However, one thing I can say is that I prefer the DM6 sound to my 2 years old Noble Trident because of the better extension in both bass and treble. My sources are Cowon Plenue D and FiiO BTR3.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #1,013 of 5,353
@MariusAB I peeled out the foam in my Symbio W after a while to get the best fit because I find the foam to be a bit hard sometimes. That should make it the same as the peeled version. For the sound, I haven't had much time listening to it yet so my impression about its sound signature might change once I do get a chance to actually sit down and critically listen. However, one thing I can say is that I prefer the DM6 sound to my 2 years old Noble Trident because of the better extension in both bass and treble. My sources are Cowon Plenue D and FiiO BTR3.
Thanks a lot for explaining. Will be interesting to hear more about you experience after you have more time with them. Because till i will receive mine i am looking for as much info as i can. And especially not reviewers.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #1,014 of 5,353

h8nsVL6.jpg

C0A8eDj.jpg
Nice!!

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,015 of 5,353
@MariusAB So the guy sent me a link to BGVP 6N 8 core cable listing. He then asked me to pick a color and the termination that I want. If you scrolled down to the description, there is an option for a gray OCC cable terminated in a 2.5mm jack
Thanks, so this cable could be changed by Michael for the same price? as i thought Bgvp is using originaly only 3.5 versions. I also will need 2.5 balanced but wanted to order somewhere. Still havent decided as i think cooper is better option for my taste.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #1,016 of 5,353

h8nsVL6.jpg

C0A8eDj.jpg

Don't worry, just pick up balanced copper cable, it sounds noticeably better than the stock SPC one.
I am really satisfied with this one:
8 core 2.5mm 3.5mm 4.4mm Balanced MMCX Pure OCC Copper Earphone Cable For Shure SE535 SE846 Se215 Custom 5 12 BA
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/brqh965x

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #1,017 of 5,353
Thanks, so this cable could be changed by Michael for the same price? as i thought Bgvp is using originaly only 3.5 versions. I also will need 2.5 balanced but wanted to order somewhere. Still havent decided as i think cooper is better option for my taste.

Yeah, you can try to ask him to change it but it is all up to BGVP to decide if they will do it or not. I got my package in shrink wrap so I think the Michealchan guy did not open the package to swap out the cable and just ship whatever BGVP has given him.

One thing I forgot about the sound sig of the DM6 is that it does details retrieval very well. I can hear things that I can't with the Noble Trident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back