BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #1,862 of 5,353
Anyone paired them with fiio btr3 ? how is the volume and the hiss if there is any
I know they are easy to drive but I have some very quiet tracks

Thank you for the detailed comparison! :) Epic.

The huge peak at 16kHz with the DM6 is the reason for the consentient sibilance, mainly the ""ssss" (or the snake hiss as some people call it :o2smile:). I am sensitive to the these frequencies as well, but we shall see if I can "tame the beast", once I have it. I own the TRN V80, which I think it might be even worse, but my hearing can adjust to it after awhile. The problem is, the V80 is not worth the "adjustment" IMHO, because it's worse than the T2 when it comes to detail.

the ssss or the snake hiss problem present between 6-9khz, 16khz peak is not that noticeable

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,866 of 5,353
Anyone paired them with fiio btr3 ? how is the volume and the hiss if there is any
I know they are easy to drive but I have some very quiet tracks

I just tested out LG v30 LDAC > BT3>DM6 and can confirm that there is no background hiss noise from impedance.

I listened to one of my favourites - Stevie Wonder’s Innervision which is a relaxed quite track.
Let me know of any specific tracks you want tested. I haven’t t bothered trying the BT3 with the PC as I have no need for this. I can do this if you need.
BT3 continues to surprise with its sound output.

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #1,867 of 5,353
Hey, if anyone wants Symbio Peels but don't wanna wait, I found THESE on Amazon with the exact same size and depth of the Peels. I'm using a set right now and they seal just as great as the Symbios as well.

2331131878783252919.jpg

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #1,870 of 5,353
Hey, if anyone wants Symbio Peels but don't wanna wait, I found THESE

Same as Wide or narrow bore ?

For those that have treble issue with the BGVP DM6 try the Ostry OS series Tips!

Could also double up as wax guard.
Usually don’t get on with Narrow bores as I find it makes the sound congested and increases treble.
But if the guard is tasking some treble off already than maybe a narrow is what is needed to to take too much off.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,872 of 5,353
Identical bore as well. I just A/B'ed and could not tell the difference. I even tried one Symbio and one of the others and no difference.

Identical to the Wide or Narrow borrow .
Maybe a comparative photo of Sybio and these would help.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,874 of 5,353
I just tested out LG v30 LDAC > BT3>DM6 and can confirm that there is no background hiss noise from impedance.

I listened to one of my favourites - Stevie Wonder’s Innervision which is a relaxed quite track.
Let me know of any specific tracks you want tested. I haven’t t bothered trying the BT3 with the PC as I have no need for this. I can do this if you need.
BT3 continues to surprise with its sound output.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
This youtube video is my standard when I want to test the loudness

can you get them very loud on this video using the BTR3 ? like roughly +100dB ?

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,875 of 5,353
what a find. Talking about dm6 and treble issues. As i already wrote there was sss sibilace problem with default stock cable. This problem disappeared with changing to cooper nicehck cable. BUT... I somehow didn't liked the cooper signature, the sound became more muted, bass bloated and not so impactful. Whole sound field was like under the curtains. No spikes in treble but also no liveliness. THEN i decided to try cable that was from tin audio t2, the one with mmcx connectors. And vualia - sound became what i was looking for - no such sibilance in treble (still sometimes can hear but not so intruding), the bass still powerful and with enough attack. Middle also good. So it was a find. This tin audio t2 as i remember is cooper silver plated. So perhaps these materials is good combination for dm6. Of course it's only my opinion and my ears, and this cable not in the same quality league as nicehck or bvgp, but still for me it sound the best. It was really unexpected. DM6 makes me wonder, strange and interesting iem. With them i am like in the roller coaster. One day disappointed, second day happy like founding holy grail of sound. They are crazy good when want to change and tune their sound. for your liking. So if anyone has this cable and haven't tried yet, recommend to try. Just my experience...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back