Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Nov 14, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #496 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by aragornmustdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's like HD800 with more bass.. man I'll be all over this.

It sounds completely different, it's not like a "HD800 with more bass".
Just like a DT880 isn't a "HD600 with more treble" or a DT990 a "HD650 with more treble".
It isn't as easy as that - unfortunately.

m00h

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #498 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by junerpp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They havn't mentioned too much about the sound quality. The following is the major views:

1. The build quality is very well and comfortable.
2. HD800 has better soundstage than the T1
3. T1 do the best in combing the musical and sound quality.
4. The style of T1 is more like the 1980s DT880,
5. the sound density is very high and do a good job on vocals.
6. T1 has more bass than HD800, and the quality is high.
7. The high extension is very good and very smooth, but not sharp and too bright.
8. More balanced than other Beyer HPs.

wow.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #499 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard back from Beyer - availability is pushed until December.

Here we go......

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #501 of 3,971
Not sure if this has already been published and my German sucks but somebody on this German forum compares T1 to STAX
confused_face(1).gif

open-end-music-professional - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Beyerdynamic T 1

Beyerdynamic T 1 - open-end-music-professional

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #502 of 3,971
WOW! bring in the google translator an read these opinions of a german forum "tester" who already owns a pair and also the hd800's, btw, the T1's have not been broken in!:

"Ich kann gar nicht für alle Fälle die Hand ins Feuer legen und ich kann auch zum jetztigen Zeitpunkt nicht sagen, ob das, was ich beim T1 gegenüber dem HD 800 als für mich qualitativ besser, ehrlicher, neutraler, präziser, egal wie wir das Kind nennen, erfahre, ausreicht, um bei jeglichem Musikgenre am Ende den größeren Gesamtsinn einzuspielen."

"Der T1 ist klarer, offener und präziser als der HD800"

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #503 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Ich kann gar nicht für alle Fälle die Hand ins Feuer legen und ich kann auch zum jetztigen Zeitpunkt nicht sagen, ob das, was ich beim T1 gegenüber dem HD 800 als für mich qualitativ besser, ehrlicher, neutraler, präziser, egal wie wir das Kind nennen, erfahre, ausreicht, um bei jeglichem Musikgenre am Ende den größeren Gesamtsinn einzuspielen."

"Der T1 ist klarer, offener und präziser als der HD800"

Translation as follows using Babel fish.

"I can not at all for all cases hand in fires to put and I can also to jetztigen time to say, whether what I with the T1 opposite the hp 800 as for me qualitatively better, more honestly, more neutrally, more precisely, no matter how we call the child, experience, do not be sufficient, in order to bring with any music category at the end the larger total sense in. The T1 is open and more precise clear, than the HD800"

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #504 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Translation as follows using Babel fish.

"I can not at all for all cases hand in fires to put and I can also to jetztigen time to say, whether what I with the T1 opposite the hp 800 as for me qualitatively better, more honestly, more neutrally, more precisely, no matter how we call the child, experience, do not be sufficient, in order to bring with any music category at the end the larger total sense in. The T1 is open and more precise clear, than the HD800"

ph34r.gif
eek.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #507 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by jherbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He wrote about the HD800 with at least the same excitement And he really writes a lot...

SO this guy is not reliable source? Still nothing then.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #508 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aethelred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SO this guy is not reliable source? Still nothing then.

See http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6121764-post451.html.

What he means by "open and more precise clear, than the HD800" is that it sound's thinner then the slightly warm HD800 due to slightly recessed root (Keynote? Not sure how to call it) area in the frequency range.
As I mentioned before, even the DT880 sounded fuller in direct comparison, the T1 is more tended to the DT770 Edition in that regard.

But I'm repeating myself.

m00h

Users who are viewing this thread

Back