Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 10, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #782 of 4,487
Allready ? hum i don't think so , peraphs headroom don't sell enough of them and don't want to continue with it .

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #784 of 4,487
T90 still available from Amazon, Frontend Audio, Full Compass, Adorama, Brookstone, etc.

I will be looking to try the T90 with a Zana Deux SE (6C33 OTL), though I am still very happy with them paired to a Woo WA7. The T90 spends more time on the head for recreational listening than the HD800, though I enjoy those cans as well.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #785 of 4,487
The T90 is discontinued.  I tried to get my headphone shop to order these in, but they were told by Beyerdynamic that it has been discontinued.

Regardless, I bought the last set of T90s from another store.  They are excellent so far!

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #786 of 4,487
Very short lived , hum Beyer DT-880 (vers 2003 and 2005) peraphs we will see a T-91 or a T90 "2014" or a T-90 "90 anniversary edition" .

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #787 of 4,487
I really like the detail the T90s give, but I don't know if it is my setup that is a bottleneck (only had these for 2 days).  People describe them as almost like a T1, so they should be really good.  I can hear their potential, yet it feels like I am not getting the full experience right now.

I tried my T90s with a tube amp and liked the sound much better, but wanted the detail and impact from a solid state amp.

Currently using M^3 amp and DV 332SE.  What is a better amp for the T90?

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #789 of 4,487
If it means anything, it's still on Beyer's USA website

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure/t-90.html

And their European website

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/tesla-technology/t-90.html

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #790 of 4,487
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I guess my ears maybe different to others, but via the WA22, it was never harsh. However, as my ears adjusted, they sounded better and better. You guessed it, I miss my T90's:frowning2:

Mmmmm, let me guess Migasson, you sold them around March/April? Right, and purchases a LCD 2 to adjust tame the highs that you had an issue with. I did say in another forum you will be sorry!!! In my opinion the T90 SQ kill the LCD 2 because they are more efficient. If I had the cash then and not wait for contracts to be signed to guarantee employment for the next 3yrs I would have had one by now!!! If it is true that the T90 is discontinued which is not confirmed as they are still available via the Nth American distributor, I would be totally devastated.

I compared the T90 to the T1, LCD2 and HD 800 and as far as I'm concern the T90 had the neutrality and extension that was value for the asking price that would same the others that I have mentioned at there price:D:D

Loved the way it sound, and by no means was it hard on the top end. If you want hard top end, listen to the t70

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #791 of 4,487
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I guess my ears maybe different to others, but via the WA22, it was never harsh. However, as my ears adjusted, they sounded better and better. You guessed it, I miss my T90's:frowning2:

Mmmmm, let me guess Migasson, you sold them around March/April? Right, and purchases a LCD 2 to adjust tame the highs that you had an issue with. I did say in another forum you will be sorry!!! In my opinion the T90 SQ kill the LCD 2 because they are more efficient. If I had the cash then and not wait for contracts to be signed to guarantee employment for the next 3yrs I would have had one by now!!! If it is true that the T90 is discontinued which is not confirmed as they are still available via the Nth American distributor, I would be totally devastated.

I compared the T90 to the T1, LCD2 and HD 800 and as far as I'm concern the T90 had the neutrality and extension that was value for the asking price that would shame the others that I have mentioned at there price:D:D

Loved the way it sound, and by no means was it hard on the top end. If you want hard top end, listen to the t70

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #793 of 4,487
It was their bread and butter before, and was replaced by an arguably inferior version that you know today. Again, models don't always last forever. T90 can be their new bread and butter.
4.gif
Given some time, they'll go down in price like the T70s have, and may eventually phase out the 880s just as the 770s were their 'bread and butter' closed can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back