Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
May 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #46 of 4,487
I wonder if this one is going to be a mess in the time domain like the T1/T5p/T70 or be cleaner like the DT1350...

May 12, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #49 of 4,487
Quote:
i guess i'm confused by what you think i'm comparing, the t5p's are not fully closed, and im not comparing the t90's to the 70's. plus i wouldn't dare compare them to the t1's(just yet) as i've listened to those before and they are probably the best things ever set on my dome.

wow I was unaware of that. I was searching for a good closed headphone that wouldn't leak sound out so I can use it in public.

About the T90 main battle tank- I'm not a fan of single entry cables on headphones.

May 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #50 of 4,487
Any "real" reviews?

May 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #51 of 4,487
May 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #53 of 4,487
But for real, after getting used to T1/DT770 Pro80/HD650, I kinda felt the DT770 Premium kinda lack some bass quantity. As read from review that T70 wouldn't have the same amount of bass from those alike, I am a bit reluctant to buy the T70/T70p/T5p.

May 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #54 of 4,487
Quote:
Would the amp be another factor? that needs to be taken into account for?

Not really.  It's pretty much all up to the driver.

May 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #56 of 4,487
Quote:
So in your listening experience with the T1/T5p/T70, did you notice anything audibly wrong?

I haven't heard the the T5p or T70 but you can easily infer certain things about how it will sound from the graphs.  The quick and dirty explanation of purrin's graphs is that they show how frequency response decays to silence after playing a sound.  Those long ridges in the graphs are basically the driver ringing like a bell at a given frequency.  The frequency ranges that the Beyers have them in make them sound sharp and piercing and obscure details.  I remember the T1s I've heard sounding like that and the graphs I've seen for the T5p and T70 show similar ringing.

I really can't stand that kind of thing above a certain level but other people aren't as bothered by it.

May 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #57 of 4,487
Quote:

I haven't heard the the T5p or T70 but you can easily infer certain things about how it will sound from the graphs.  The quick and dirty explanation of purrin's graphs is that they show how frequency response decays to silence after playing a sound.  Those long ridges in the graphs are basically the driver ringing like a bell at a given frequency.  The frequency ranges that the Beyers have them in make them sound sharp and piercing and obscure details.  I remember the T1s I've heard sounding like that and the graphs I've seen for the T5p and T70 show similar ringing.

I really can't stand that kind of thing above a certain level but other people aren't as bothered by it.

Could the ringing make it sound more spacious, like reverb?

May 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #58 of 4,487
Quote:
Could the ringing make it sound more spacious, like reverb?

A good reverb is usually designed not to ring too much at specific frequencies, though; in other words, its impulse response sounds more like stereo noise with an exponential decay than a bell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back