Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 12, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #4,083 of 4,487
I have a pair of 990 pro's, the T90 is clearly more resolving.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #4,084 of 4,487
I would encourage you to listen to the T90 first if you can. It is a very bright-leaning headphone with lots of treble energy and emphasis. If you are not into that tuning or the music you like would not be well suited to it, you should stay away. Better resolution, efficiency, and imaging won't matter if you don't like the tuning.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #4,085 of 4,487
I would encourage you to listen to the T90 first if you can. It is a very bright-leaning headphone with lots of treble energy and emphasis. If you are not into that tuning or the music you like would not be well suited to it, you should stay away. Better resolution, efficiency, and imaging won't matter if you don't like the tuning.

Excellent advice with any headphone!

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #4,086 of 4,487
just had a listen to the dt990's vs 880's and the t90's all together. (nickel creek hq flac, mahler symph. 1 dsd64)  wow, i don't necessarily believe in burn in, but maybe that was the case, because my t90's sounded so much "cleaner" than those two. i straight up do not like the 990's at all, but the 880's were a more fun sound, but i definitely prefer the t90's now. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #4,087 of 4,487
  just had a listen to the dt990's vs 880's and the t90's all together. (nickel creek hq flac, mahler symph. 1 dsd64)  wow, i don't necessarily believe in burn in, but maybe that was the case, because my t90's sounded so much "cleaner" than those two. i straight up do not like the 990's at all, but the 880's were a more fun sound, but i definitely prefer the t90's now. 

​Yep.  The T90 is on a totally different level. 

I actually prefer it to the T1 (both v1 and v2).
eek.gif

cool.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #4,089 of 4,487
The T90's have been my got to headphone for over a year...just got the T1's 2nd gen and they are indeed spectacular as well.

They have alot in common and alot that is different...both excellent headphones IMO...

The T1's have a more fuller sound and the T90's are very, very articulate as well....both will stay in my stable.

Either one would do the job very well.....

Alex

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #4,090 of 4,487
Quick question

How do you guys think if I pair my T90 with Beyer A20 and Modi 2 Multibit?

I personally prefer SS amp

My source is basically high-quality FLAC 

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #4,091 of 4,487
Quick question

How do you guys think if I pair my T90 with Beyer A20 and Modi 2 Multibit?

I personally prefer SS amp

My source is basically high-quality FLAC 

Thanks!
Sound will be pleasant with rich tonal balance and tough bass, but details will be dropped considerably and soundstage will be small. Thats with A20 amp. For start it is good, but down the road i suggest you to buy more advanced amp.

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #4,092 of 4,487
Sound will be pleasant with rich tonal balance and tough bass, but details will be dropped considerably and soundstage will be small. Thats with A20 amp. For start it is good, but down the road i suggest you to buy more advanced amp.

Thanks for sharing. For SS amp, you think A2 or A1 might be better?

How do you think about Modi 2 Multibit? Should I choose multibit or just Uber? Or some other DACs?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #4,093 of 4,487

How do you think about Modi 2 Multibit? Should I choose multibit or just Uber? Or some other DACs?

Thanks!
Modi multibit whitout question! It is more real to life sounding! More natural, more warm and just better in soundstage and every other way than standart modi uber.
Talking about Beyerdynamic Amps. I honestly think they all are overpriced for that they offer. 1 of all they only work good with high impedance Headphones. And 2 They are not that impressive sounding for asking price. Thats my opinion. For SS amp "Carbon" was good choice for neutral and brighter headphones, but it is discontinued right now. I heard Teac ha 501 have a touch warmness. Can anyone comment about it? It is easier choice just buy tube amp for T90. With SS there isn't much choice.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #4,094 of 4,487

Thanks!
Modi multibit whitout question! It is more real to life sounding! More natural, more warm and just better in soundstage and every other way than standart modi uber.
Talking about Beyerdynamic Amps. I honestly think they all are overpriced for that they offer. 1 of all they only work good with high impedance Headphones. And 2 They are not that impressive sounding for asking price. Thats my opinion. For SS amp "Carbon" was good choice for neutral and brighter headphones, but it is discontinued right now. I heard Teac ha 501 have a touch warmness. Can anyone comment about it? It is easier choice just buy tube amp for T90. With SS there isn't much choice.

Thanks for your suggestions. Really helpful.

I am a newbie to amps. Tube amps are so versatile based on personal preferences. To combo with Mimby, is Valhalla 2 a good choice? Since I am not looking for high end, otherwise I should get much better headphones, should I just get a Crack and DIY? Or is there anything similar to Crack?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #4,095 of 4,487
Thanks for your suggestions. Really helpful.

I am a newbie to amps. Tube amps are so versatile based on personal preferences. To combo with Mimby, is Valhalla 2 a good choice? Since I am not looking for high end, otherwise I should get much better headphones, should I just get a Crack and DIY? Or is there anything similar to Crack?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Little Dot tube amps, I have a MK III which works great with my Beyerdynamic headphones, as well as my Senny 600/650. Just prepare yourself for the inevitable  tube rolling addiction that comes with it. With mine, I have settled on using Mullards for my driver tubes, sound awesome with a bit warmer, more lush tone, great for the T90's, have yet to try it with my pair of Amiron Home cans, been rocking the iCan Pro exclusively lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back