Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 6, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #3,736 of 4,487
If you put voices in the first line of your musical preferences, you should have a listen at the Audezes EL-8. The TH610 are also a wise choice. But voices are specially well treated by Audeze.

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #3,737 of 4,487
GUYS please help

my local store just had a huge sale for T90 + A20(amp)  , so i want to buy them
but is that a good combo ? i mean its a 50% sale so its really tempting , what should i do ? should i go for it ? sounds good with adele and sia songs ? and hip hop ?  i already have a Denon D2000+FiiOe10

and considering A20 is not a DAC , can i use my FiiO e10 as a dac and my A20 as an Amp ? how ?

also will i even notice a big change if i'm not using a dac compared to using a dac for example FiiO E10 ? (if the source file is for example Flac or 320 or any other high quality source) 
i mean Do i really need a DAC with this combo for pop songs with high quality?
or DAC only makes difference in classic or rock songs with very high quality format ? i only want to listen to modern pop songs like adele with a flac format for example

also i have to say i think my onboard Dac is good too , my m.b is Asus VIII hero and the sound card is :SUPREMEFX 2015
Dac : ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #3,738 of 4,487
At half the price you can always re-sell if you don't like them.

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #3,739 of 4,487
  At half the price you can always re-sell if you don't like them.

But should i use FiiO E10 as a Dac ? how does that work ?
should i  connect my E10 to my PC and then connect A20 to my E10 ?! 

also wouldn't that make the sound get AMPed by E10 ? like if i connect my E10 first , then the sound will get amp ed by E10 first then gets amp ed by A20 ?! wouldnt that make the A20 useless considering the sound is getting amped by E10 first ?

Aug 6, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #3,740 of 4,487
GUYS please help

my local store just had a huge sale for T90 + A20(amp)  , so i want to buy them
but is that a good combo ? i mean its a 50% sale so its really tempting , what should i do ? should i go for it ? sounds good with adele and sia songs ? and hip hop ?  i already have a Denon D2000+FiiOe10

and considering A20 is not a DAC , can i use my FiiO e10 as a dac and my A20 as an Amp ? how ?

also will i even notice a big change if i'm not using a dac compared to using a dac for example FiiO E10 ? (if the source file is for example Flac or 320 or any other high quality source) 
i mean Do i really need a DAC with this combo for pop songs with high quality?
or DAC only makes difference in classic or rock songs with very high quality format ? i only want to listen to modern pop songs like adele with a flac format for example

also i have to say i think my onboard Dac is good too , my m.b is Asus VIII hero and the sound card is :[COLOR=CE0000]S[/COLOR]UPREME
[COLOR=CE0000]FX 2015[/COLOR]
[COLOR=CE0000]Dac : [/COLOR]ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter

50% of what original price?

Aug 6, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,742 of 4,487
  But should i use FiiO E10 as a Dac ? how does that work ?
should i  connect my E10 to my PC and then connect A20 to my E10 ?! 

also wouldn't that make the sound get AMPed by E10 ? like if i connect my E10 first , then the sound will get amp ed by E10 first then gets amp ed by A20 ?! wouldnt that make the A20 useless considering the sound is getting amped by E10 first ?

The FiiO E10 has a Line Out on the back, that's the output you should use if you want to use only the DAC stage on the E10 to feed an external amplifier like the A20.

You need a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable.
3,5mm plug goes into the E10 Line Out, while RCAs goes into the A20.

FiiO E10 will behave as a dedicated DAC to feed the external amplifier (A20)

Aug 6, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,743 of 4,487

The FiiO E10 has a Line Out on the back, that's the output you should use if you want to use only the DAC stage on the E10 to feed an external amplifier like the A20.

You need a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable.
3,5mm plug goes into the E10 Line Out, while RCAs goes into the A20.

FiiO E10 will behave as a dedicated DAC to feed the external amplifier (A20)

and do you think will i need an external DAC ?
i mean for example if i listen to a adele song in Flac format with e10 DAC vs with my Onboard DAC , will i notice any big change or improvement ?

and does A20 have a Dual RCA Cable ? 

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #3,744 of 4,487
  and do you think will i need an external DAC ?
i mean for example if i listen to a adele song in Flac format with e10 DAC vs with my Onboard DAC , will i notice any big change or improvement ?

and does A20 have a Dual RCA Cable ? 

FiiO E10 is an external DAC...

I haven't heard the audio chip on your motherboard. If it's quite good, I wouldn't expect a huge improvement by adding the FiiO E10 as a dedicated DAC, but it might add a slight refinement here and there, and high grade headphones like the T90 normally benefit from that kind of extra refinement/clarity.

Adele recordings sound just ok (at best) in my experience, not the best recordings to expose differences among DACs, but even for Adele I would use the E10 over the on-board audio chip.
The thing is E10 is a solid audio device that has been tested and proved to do what it's supposed to do.
On the other hand, the performance of the chip on your motherboard is pretty unknown.

You can always try and compare them for yourself, after all, what you hear is what really matters.

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #3,745 of 4,487
Hey Fam.

Been loving my T90's for the past year and a half.

Just wondering, everyone raves about having a good amp such as the bottlehead crack or o2 etc.
I only use about 3 of the 10 bars on my Macbook (Volume is more than enough) so will getting say a crack AMP really improve the sound quality or just volume? 
Am I better off getting a better DAC?

Thanks 

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #3,747 of 4,487
  Hey Fam.

Been loving my T90's for the past year and a half.

Just wondering, everyone raves about having a good amp such as the bottlehead crack or o2 etc.
I only use about 3 of the 10 bars on my Macbook (Volume is more than enough) so will getting say a crack AMP really improve the sound quality or just volume? 
Am I better off getting a better DAC?

Thanks 

Good gear always improves sound itself. Never measure if its good if it plays loud!
I never tried crack, but I can definetly say, that you can really improve T90 sound just by pluging it to some used stereo SS amplifier from the 80-90's. They are cheap these days (50-100€).

Look for one which sounds warmer (!) and has bass EQ knob. When you will find one, you will feel the difference. Sound somehow changes and becomes less trebly, with more sub bass (!) 
Its cheap, but a great step up! You will forget about EQ'ing the bass! :)

I used Sony TA-212 A alone. Later I bought Colorfly C4, also tested it with Aune T1 MK2. And from my experience I can say that without proper (warm) Amp, there is no need for a dac. You won't feel the difference.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #3,750 of 4,487
  Ok so if I get a good warm amp, then that should work well without having to get an external DAC? 

You still need a DAC if you are unable to get an unamped line level signal out of the Macbook.  Going straight out of the headphone jack into an amp is putting an amped signal in to amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back