Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jun 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,721 of 4,487
  Yup the schiit gear is awesome! I am going to see how the t90 sounds out of my onkyo receiver, it is a little bit dark sounding so hopefully it will do for a while. At least till my wallet recovers lol. I got out the headfi game for about a year after selling everything but my zik and k550, been back for a few months and I went a little crazy(th-x00, he-350, re-00 all arriving around august)

I think you will like the T90. If you're worried about brightness, matching them with your darker sounding receiver may be an excellent combo. Folks around here should have a bunch of DAC and amp ideas for you as well. I really like the T90 paired with the iFi Micro iDSD or the CEntrance HiFi M8.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #3,722 of 4,487

Currently reviewing the Wooaudio WA8 - guys, this is the best small amp/DAC I have ever heard with the T90- maybe even the best amp period - I am super surprised how well this little 1kg (2 pounds) things drives the T90 to such an extend. I could easily say bye bye to my BH Crack with Speedball - if I could afford the WA8 at the moment that is. It's really making the T90 sound absolutely brilliant. A match made in heaven.

The bass is beautiful layered and full - the highs are just perfect - I am really gobsmacked. Shame I have to return the WA8 tomorrow 
mad.gif

Stunning. The WA8 looks great for such a small amp!

Wish I had a proper camera some times, pictures look terrible from my phone and do the setup no justice. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,725 of 4,487
Its my first beyer. I was very worried about how bright it might be but was pleasantly surprised. It has the most treble emphasis of any other cans that I have tried, but it is not ear piercing. I have noticed that it does not play well with bad material, but sound is amazing when matched with good tunes.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #3,726 of 4,487
Congrats. Yea I don't find it to be ear piercing either, especially when paired with proper tubes (eg. the Fireflies in my previous picture). I like a warmer sound usually but the T90s are an exception - it is very picky and finicky however as you've rightfully pointed out, any bit of noise of any kind, be it in the recording, somewhere in the chain, poor cables or isolation, interference etc becomes pretty blatant at high listening volumes. It can be very revealing with older recordings and whatnot, doesn't particularly bother me too much, if I want to tame some of those imperfections I have other headphones in my collection that I can reach for instead.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #3,727 of 4,487
I am running them off my Onkyo tx-sr502 receiver right now, eq at treble -2 bass +2 sounds pretty freaking smooth. Once my wallet heals a bit I am going to look for a tube amp, always been interested in one but never had a set of cans to match. I have heard tons of positive reviews of the Woo tube amps but they are little out of my price range. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #3,728 of 4,487
Haven't EQ'd mine, I probably should try that out at some point; I like how the bass sounds stock but the -2 treble seems logical. Woo amps are on another level but they are pricey indeed, I've heard the T90s off of the much cheaper Darkvoice 336SE ($300~) and liked it quite a lot. The DV is competent with most headphones too in case you own an eclectic collection.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,730 of 4,487
Anyone tried the T5p pads on a T90? I have seen a lot of talk about the hm5 pads and dt series but cant find any info on t5p. I was looking at the 2nd gen pads since they are only $40, not the $200 lambskin form the 1st gen

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3,731 of 4,487

Listening to my T90's right now after an absence of about eight weeks as I have moved home overseas and they were packed away and I had forgotten how fabulous these things are! The clarity is awesome. I am using them with my modded Gustard H10 amp and Gustard X10 dac fed via a Gustard U12 digital audio interface and some flac files from my MacMini music server. I am so impressed and have a grin on my face that will not go away. This setup is magnificent with stringed instruments and female vocals but does not tolerate bad recordings as any weakness in a recording is quickly revealed. Cheers.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #3,733 of 4,487
  Can anyone compare T90 with Denon D2000 ?
i have a D2000 with FiiO e10 , should i upgrade to T90 ? will i notice a good change in female vocals , for example Adele and sia ?

I think T90 should be more mid-bassy, with less sub-bass presence. It should be more open and airier, but also brighter, more prone to sibilance.
Adele and Sia recordings are not that great sound quality wise, and thus I wouldn't recommend a very detailed/bright headphone like the T90 for them.

HD600/HD650/R70x/SRH1840 might work better for Adele and Sia

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #3,734 of 4,487
  HD600/HD650/R70x/SRH1840 might work better for Adele and Sia

Absolute truth. If the intent is to listen to newer pop ish artists and albums, especially ones by female singers I would say steering clear of the T90 is the best thing one can possibly do - looking for more forgiving headphones in the form of HD650 would be ideal, much cheaper too (at least in Europe the Senns are about $150 cheaper). Even the entry level HE-400S (akin to the HD600 but better) by Hifiman are quite competent at compensating for poor recordings, though far more neutral than the HD650.

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #3,735 of 4,487
If you really like the sound of the D2000 then upgrade to the Fostex TH-600. Same similar sound to the D2000 but with a wider soundstage. 

The T90 is a great headphone but it can be very very bright when paired with the wrong DAC/Amp, or a really badly mastered song.  I will say though that the T90 did do female vocals pretty well. 

Quote:
  Can anyone compare T90 with Denon D2000 ?
i have a D2000 with FiiO e10 , should i upgrade to T90 ? will i notice a good change in female vocals , for example Adele and sia ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back