Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #3,376 of 4,487
T90s and Brainwavz velours (regular or angled) are a match made in heaven...especially for EDM. So nice.

Listening to Manic Focus and Orphic from my JDS Element -> T90s with angled velours this morning...so awesome. When I've A/B'd with the T1, the flagship is definitely closer to being tonally neutral, and has a more fluid, detailed sound, but without the T1 here to A/B, I don't really feel like I'm missing anything with this setup ^_^ Very happy with the T90/element combo - it's probably the most affordable setup that stands up to well-driven flagships that I've heard to date (assuming you enjoy a v-shaped sound). T90 and HD650 definitely sit as the kings of "mid-fi" (aka the 99.99%) gear in my book.

Btw any EDM lovers, especially fans of Griz, Pretty Lights, and/or Shpongle, should check out the album Cerebral Eclipse by Manic Focus. Freaking amazing stuff. I read the first Dune book while listening to this album and it was a truly ******* sublime experience - a good book with epic music that matches it beats a movie any day, IMO.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #3,377 of 4,487

Ordered a set of these from mp4nation, for 20$ i might as well see (hear) whats up 
beyersmile.png

Please get back to us with your expressions 
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #3,378 of 4,487
  T90s and Brainwavz velours (regular or angled) are a match made in heaven...especially for EDM. So nice.

Listening to Manic Focus and Orphic from my JDS Element -> T90s with angled velours this morning...so awesome. When I've A/B'd with the T1, the flagship is definitely closer to being tonally neutral, and has a more fluid, detailed sound, but without the T1 here to A/B, I don't really feel like I'm missing anything with this setup ^_^ Very happy with the T90/element combo - it's probably the most affordable setup that stands up to well-driven flagships that I've heard to date (assuming you enjoy a v-shaped sound). T90 and HD650 definitely sit as the kings of "mid-fi" (aka the 99.99%) gear in my book.

Btw any EDM lovers, especially fans of Griz, Pretty Lights, and/or Shpongle, should check out the album Cerebral Eclipse by Manic Focus. Freaking amazing stuff. I read the first Dune book while listening to this album and it was a truly ******* sublime experience - a good book with epic music that matches it beats a movie any day, IMO.

Nice to hear 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Actually T90/HM5 velours is a combination that works quite well as the ultimate allrounder. I listen to a lot of classical and jazz and T90/HM5 velours is a wonderfully sounding headphone. I definitely prefer T90 to HD650 in all its instances, even the original one. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #3,379 of 4,487
  Nice to hear 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Actually T90/HM5 velours is a combination that works quite well as the ultimate allrounder. I listen to a lot of classical and jazz and T90/HM5 velours is a wonderfully sounding headphone. I definitely prefer T90 to HD650 in all its instances, even the original one. 

I'd say I prefer the 650 over stock T90, but it's down to genre and even recording once the HM5 velours are on. Really it's about my mood too - sometimes I just want to chill and get lost, that's when I pick the Senns - but when I want to rock out or really listen for microdetail, the T90 gets the nod.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #3,380 of 4,487
Now that I think about it, it really is more mood-dependent for me. When I'm feeling engaged and excited, ie working or gaming, I go for the T90s, but when I just want to relax and listen, HD650s win 90% of the time, unless I'm listening to a track for the first time or really want to dissect it - the T90s are definitely more critical headphones. IMO nothing beats the 650 for immersion factor, though.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #3,382 of 4,487

Hmm, I'll have to pickup a pair those brainwavz, though I wonder how the "hybrid" pads with part velour and part pleather would sound as well.
Once I get paid I might just pick up 1 each of angled and non angled, velour and hybrid and provide my own comparisons.

Also, listening to Manic Focus atm, I'm really digging it!
I would recommend also checking out Opiuo and The Riddler, they've been a couple of my recent favorites for EDM.

A question to everyone here, currently I'm powering these off an Aune T1 (mk1) with a Gold Lion tube and I'm looking into maybe getting a BH Crack at some point, does anyone have a recommendation for DAC?
I'm seeing the Schiit Modi 2 is fairly well regarded, I'm just wondering what all my options would be or if anyone's tried the Crack off the Aune.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #3,383 of 4,487

Hmm, I'll have to pickup a pair those brainwavz, though I wonder how the "hybrid" pads with part velour and part pleather would sound as well.
Once I get paid I might just pick up 1 each of angled and non angled, velour and hybrid and provide my own comparisons.

Also, listening to Manic Focus atm, I'm really digging it!
I would recommend also checking out Opiuo and The Riddler, they've been a couple of my recent favorites for EDM.

A question to everyone here, currently I'm powering these off an Aune T1 (mk1) with a Gold Lion tube and I'm looking into maybe getting a BH Crack at some point, does anyone have a recommendation for DAC?
I'm seeing the Schiit Modi 2 is fairly well regarded, I'm just wondering what all my options would be or if anyone's tried the Crack off the Aune.

I have the hybrids on my DT770 and they work great - haven't tried them on the 650. The hybrids are SUPER comfy.

I LOVE Opiuo - such amazing effects! Really strong production values too. I'll have to check out The Riddler...

HRT Music Streamer HD is the best sounding desktop DAC under $1k I've heard to date - at least as good as Schiit Bifrost, IMO, although I haven't had extended listening time with the Bifrost (only at CanJams). The MS HD has really impressive extension on both ends and fantastic coherence - the soundstage it produced with my HD650s (didn't own T90s at the time) was really, really impressive (I used an Asgard as my amp for the audition).

Of all the non-ridiculously-priced setups I can imagine, the BH Crack and HRT MS HD would be my dream combo.

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #3,384 of 4,487
FYI

Amazon Beyerdynamic A20 Headphone Amplifier - Silver
$389
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECUJHAS

Back ordered, but accepting new orders
Yesterday i tried T90, T1 and T1 2nd with Audio Lab Mdac paired with my A20. Every pairing was exceptional with this combo, But T1 was first, 2nd was T90 and New T1 was last. New T1 was for me not as good, because with increased bass it become not as controled or resolving as it was. Mids was much better in last T1 as they are more transparent and resolving and clearer. Highs was similar. Soundstage are wider and more airy on T1, but new T1 was having better Depth. I liked T90 just as much as older T1 except T1 was havin definitely better Stage and bass.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #3,389 of 4,487
I just wanted to say that with very resolving amp, it Would be just as good for me i think.

HD650 is a great headphone indeed. It's just that it is neither as resolving nor as "fun" as T90/T1. Different amplifiers can somewhat change the sound of HD650 but it won't be a day and night difference. HD650 will always sound as HD650 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #3,390 of 4,487
I had changed from schiit amp to meier audio amp. i find it german made amp pair well with my T90. Bass more control. better detail. better power. and i like the crossfeed feature.
But treble is slightly higher sometimes compare to schiit asgard. anyone have any experience in meier audio here with their T90?
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back