Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #2,581 of 4,487
Some women have a voice that sure Hertz.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #2,583 of 4,487
I bought a pair of T90s along with a WA3 a while back.  No regrets on this end.  My D5000s have lower bass extension but aren't quite as revealing.  Being closed cans, the D5000s don't have as wide of a soundstage either.  Both are great headphones though.

Just sayin'...

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #2,585 of 4,487
Hi there all,

I've been really enjoying my T90's with my Oppo HA-1. As the Oppo has a balanced 4 pin XLR port on the front (as well as the 1/4" jack) it seems a shame not to use it as from what I have been reading up on the T90's are even better using the balanced output.

Obviously the T90's come with a 1/4" jack as standard so I presume that gets cut off so you can rewire. . .

If anyone can give me any help with what I need to source (guides would be handy too!) to change to a 4 pin balanced output I would really appreciate it. I'm quite a hands on person so don't mind doing soldering etc. Just not sure where to start!

Thanks and merry Xmas!

:)

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #2,587 of 4,487
Hello! I´ve had my T90's for a whole month now and so far im pretty impressed with the amount of detail these deliver. However im kinda feeling that these lacks bass when not EQd.
When EQd these will deliver alot of bass but that comes at a cost with unwanted distortion, noise and rattling at higher volume levels.

Im driving these with my Creative Sound Blaster ZXR soundcard (80mw@600ohm) on my computer, and im now wondering if the Beyerdynamic a20 amp would give the bass abit more body/slam and perhaps tone the treble down a abit? 

This is my first post on this forum so i apologize if this is a repeated question!

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #2,588 of 4,487
Hello! I´ve had my T90's for a whole month now and so far im pretty impressed with the amount of detail these deliver. However im kinda feeling that these lacks bass when not EQd.
When EQd these will deliver alot of bass but that comes at a cost with unwanted distortion at higher volume levels.

Im driving these with my Creative Sound Blaster ZXR soundcard (80mw@600ohm) on my computer, and im now wondering if the Beyerdynamic a20 amp would give the bass abit more body/slam and perhaps tone the treble down a abit? 

This is my first post on this forum so i apologize if this is a repeated question!
I can't talk to the A20 but the Asgard 2 (a warm sounding ss amp) pairs very well the the T90 I'm more than pleased the bass mids and treble. You may want to look into some of the tube amps I'm sure there's more than a few people who can point you in the right direction. The right amp/DAC combo can give you more and better defined bass and smooth out the treble, But if you are looking for a basshead amount of bass the T90 may not be for you.

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2,589 of 4,487
I can't talk to the A20 but the Asgard 2 (a warm sounding ss amp) pairs very well the the T90 I'm more than pleased the bass mids and treble. You may want to look into some of the tube amps I'm sure there's more than a few people who can point you in the right direction. The right amp/DAC combo can give you more and better defined bass and smooth out the treble, But if you are looking for a basshead amount of bass the T90 may not be for you.

Thanks for the response!

I will be looking into the Asgard 2 abit further, thanks alot :) And hopefully shipping it to sweden wont be a problem if i do decide to order one!

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #2,590 of 4,487
  Hi there all,

I've been really enjoying my T90's with my Oppo HA-1. As the Oppo has a balanced 4 pin XLR port on the front (as well as the 1/4" jack) it seems a shame not to use it as from what I have been reading up on the T90's are even better using the balanced output.

Obviously the T90's come with a 1/4" jack as standard so I presume that gets cut off so you can rewire. . .

If anyone can give me any help with what I need to source (guides would be handy too!) to change to a 4 pin balanced output I would really appreciate it. I'm quite a hands on person so don't mind doing soldering etc. Just not sure where to start!

Thanks and merry Xmas!

Any ideas anyone?

I'm sure someone must know around here!

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #2,591 of 4,487
Nellyssa,

What is exactly lacking with the bass on your T90s?

Would you define what bass means to you, what songs what instruments?

The T90's can produce lots of real accurate NON Boom bass like real instruments.

Alex

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #2,592 of 4,487
When EQd these will deliver alot of bass but that comes at a cost with unwanted distortion, noise and rattling at higher volume levels.

Hi!

The best bass I have ever heard from the T90 is delivered with the Bottlehead Crack (with speedball) it's an absolute blast and makes the T90 my most favourite headphone with this amp. I think it's the best combination period.

Second is a surprise for me but the Aune T1 Mk2 does a great job driving the T90 with plenty of punch too. 

It's not all numbers that makes an amp work well with the T90, some have great synergy and some don't - am sure it;s based somehow in the specs but if it's output impedance, voltage or wattage, I don't know. What I do know is what sounds great and the crack is my personal favourite. Once I listened to it with the T90 I know I needed one.

Cheers,
K

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #2,593 of 4,487
  Hi there all,

Thanks and merry Xmas!

To my knowledge the cable is not suitable to balanced operation (i.e. has only 3 leads, not 4), so you'd have to exchange that as well. Not worth it I think...

m now wondering if the Beyerdynamic a20 amp would give the bass abit more body/slam and perhaps tone the treble down a abit? 

While I can only talk about the A2, I think the higher output impedance does bode well with Beyerdynamic headphones, so the A20 should be fine.
Lieven has reviewed the A20 and tried it out with the T90:
http://www.headfonia.com/beyers-a20-amp-small-size-big-sound/

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #2,594 of 4,487
  Nellyssa,

What is exactly lacking with the bass on your T90s?

Would you define what bass means to you, what songs what instruments?

The T90's can produce lots of real accurate NON Boom bass like real instruments.

Alex

Hi!

Im quite pleased with the bass on these when listening to Trance, Other than that i feel theese lacks bass in terms of volume/punch/slam when listening to Metal (bass drum and bass guitar) and Dubstep or Drum and Bass.

But yeah, as many has stated before: Amping is key :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back