Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,337 of 4,487
...and don't forget to leave cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.

Never happened. (USB? Huh?)

I guess I have to clarify that obviously I was referring to a computer-based source used to listen to T90, and if your source was not, agree, that would not make much sense.

For those who are interested to know more about USB cables though, I would refer to this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681542/anyone-heard-own-usb-wireworld-starlight-starlight-7-or-starlight-usb-3-0

And cookies for Santa suggestion, while not on subject, was at least right on time :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #1,338 of 4,487

I guess I have to clarify that obviously I was referring to a computer-based source used to listen to T90, and if your source was not, agree, that would not make much sense.

For those who are interested to know more about USB cables though, I would refer to this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681542/anyone-heard-own-usb-wireworld-starlight-starlight-7-or-starlight-usb-3-0

And cookies for Santa suggestion, while not on subject, was at least right on time :)

That whole thread: Science versus Feels.  dear lord. yeah. Digitally it either works or it doesn't. The only way to affect the sound is through the analog (i.e. power) part of the equation. Imagining a red unicorn versus a blue unicorn will have more effect on how you hear things than any digital part of that path, assuming both cables just work. I couldn't go past 2 pages, I was getting brain damage reading that thread.

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,339 of 4,487
  That whole thread: Science versus Feels.  dear lord. yeah. Digitally it either works or it doesn't. The only way to affect the sound is through the analog (i.e. power) part of the equation. Imagining a red unicorn versus a blue unicorn will have more effect on how you hear things than any digital part of that path, assuming both cables just work. I couldn't go past 2 pages, I was getting brain damage reading that thread.

Then stop wasting your time reading headfi; with such "deep" understanding of the topic and completely "open" mind, your brain will be healthier and others will not have to waste their time reading useless comments.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #1,340 of 4,487

Then stop wasting your time reading headfi; with such "deep" understanding of the topic and completely "open" mind, your brain will be healthier and others will not have to waste their time reading useless comments.

Expensive cables are a fools paradise. Especially usb cables in the lengths we're discussing. Unless you have some absolute third world crap that blind people put together in a radioactive zone they're all the same in the end. 

It's wishful thinking and expectation bias that makes them sound differently. 

It is, indeed, a unicorn effect. I think people who buy those super expensive cables are just like cult members. 

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #1,341 of 4,487

Expensive cables are a fools paradise. Especially usb cables in the lengths we're discussing. Unless you have some absolute third world crap that blind people put together in a radioactive zone they're all the same in the end. 

It is, indeed, a unicorn effect. I think people who buy those super expensive cables are just like cult members. 

My theory is that an expensive cable changes the font of the 1's and the 0's from Comic Sans to Helvetica.

Jokes aside, when it's a digital signal, there can be no effect on the sound. There either is a signal, or there isn't a signal. It really is that binary. Which makes me grin a bit when expensive $1000 USB cables are being used, probably in tandem with these expensive pebbles: 

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #1,342 of 4,487

The cable heads are a deluded bunch the result of many blind tests bare this out. But here is the clincher. The electronic engineers who design the things you buy also spec the cables. If they could improve the sound with better cables they would do so. That simple
wink_face.gif

If you want better sound upgrade your equipment dont spend good money on cable jewelery.

Hey cable guys.......I am a Nigerian prince who needs to get $500.000.000 out of a Swiss bank account if you send me your credit card details or $50.000.00 to assist in lawyers fees I will cut you in.............

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #1,343 of 4,487
Hi Coq, I wish you would tell the big picture here......if you really understand cable "design" you would realise that for better base you need to change the 0' and 1's font comic sans to Helvetice "bold" for extended base, standard Helvetica for improved mids, and Helvetica light for improved treble response and change the font size for ohms resistance.........please fully understand your subject before you post!

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #1,344 of 4,487
  Hi Coq, I wish you would tell the big picture here......if you really understand cable "design" you would realise that for better base you need to change the 0' and 1's font comic sans to Helvetice "bold" for extended base, standard Helvetica for improved mids, and Helvetica light for improved treble response and change the font size for ohms resistance.........please fully understand your subject before you post!

You're absolutely correct. The bold fonts are for elevated bass response. Also, I think there are cables that transforms the fonts to cursive fonts for classical music, making it sound even better, and to graffiti-like fonts for hiphop. A bold graffiti font should give you the best bass response - also suitable for trap and dubstep. Reggae listeners have to go back to Comic Sans though.

Also, don't forget to put mats up on your CD's for even better sound:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_3/marigo-labs-signature-3d-mat-7-2005.html

With so many bits being lost in your CD-player, it's baffling that we all aren't using these. It's incredible how these mats can make your CD's sound like SACD's!!! I swear, soon there'll be an invention that'll make your digital CD's sound like analogue LP's!

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #1,346 of 4,487
  You're absolutely correct. The bold fonts are for elevated bass response. Also, I think there are cables that transforms the fonts to cursive fonts for classical music, making it sound even better, and to graffiti-like fonts for hiphop. A bold graffiti font should give you the best bass response - also suitable for trap and dubstep. Reggae listeners have to go back to Comic Sans though.

Also, don't forget to put mats up on your CD's for even better sound:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_3/marigo-labs-signature-3d-mat-7-2005.html

With so many bits being lost in your CD-player, it's baffling that we all aren't using these. It's incredible how these mats can make your CD's sound like SACD's!!! I swear, soon there'll be an invention that'll make your digital CD's sound like analogue LP's!

Hint....To make your CD's sound like analogue simply run an orange highlighter (hydrocarbon based only otherwise you are wasting your time) around the edge of your CD. It ads micro fractures modifying the refractive qualities of the polycarbonate causing a virtual random sympathetic resonance simulating the analogue qualities of vinyl. Thats an old one mate suprised you were not aware of that crack?

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #1,347 of 4,487
  Hint....To make your CD's sound like analogue simply run an orange highlighter (hydrocarbon based only otherwise you are wasting your time) around the edge of your CD. It ads micro fractures modifying the refractive qualities of the polycarbonate causing a virtual random sympathetic resonance simulating analogue qualities of vinyl. Thats an old one mate suprised you were not aware of that crack?

I have been looking for those orange highlighters, but I can only find blue ones. Will they emulate vinyl, or bluray?

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #1,348 of 4,487
  I have been looking for those orange highlighters, but I can only find blue ones. Will they emulate vinyl, or bluray?

Well the problem is the blue ones do work........but the blue colour will only represent the analogue sound of a vinyl single, not LP's due to the different resonance of the different diametres. However I will soon be able to supply the orange markers. They will be expensive but well worth it. Just have to get a good patent attorny and somebody who knows how to get the writing off a standard orange highlighter. I had a meeting with the best Attorny here in Perth WA. He has a PHD in Physics he laughed at me..... the person! I am sure he knows nothing about true HI FI. Anyway am looking for a proper Patent Attorny hopefully one that subscribes to the cable thread on this forum.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #1,349 of 4,487
  T-90 being harsh = wrong source/wrong amp

Simple as that!

Running T-90 off a modi-vali, sounds harsh as hell.. 

Maybe I need to upgrade that low end AC adaptor Schit included because it's obviously incapable of delivering pure voltage into the amp. But I'll also need one of these to fix all that dirty power coming from my dorm room wall, which obviously suffers from the high amount of hormones in the area...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back