Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jun 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #3,018 of 4,487
  can send the link to buy the pad and instruction on how to change it? picture is welcome. thanks

They're all over Amazon and Ebay, mp4nation has them too; just search "brainwavz HM5 pads" on google or any of those sites. Installation is identical to stock Beyer pads, but a bit more work due to the imperfect fit.

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #3,021 of 4,487
Greetings,

I own a pair of Beyerdynamic T90's and was hopeing to see if someone else have encountered the same problem that i have.

After using the Audio Tehcnica ATH-M50 for over 2 years i decided i wanted an upgrade and so i choose the Beyerdynamic T90's.

2 months ago i noticed that the right earphone started sounding lower than the left one and when i played certain songs/videos where the volume pitched up, the right headphone started to vibrate and give a wierd sparking/cracking sound, i tried to connect them to different auido sources (not through my amp, directly to my motherboard and to my phone) and the problem was still there. I connected my old Audio Technicas and the disturbance were gone. I connected the reseller where i bought them and sent them in, after 2 months, i finally got a brand new pair, and after just 5 days, the EXAKT same problem where there, again, only this time it's the left headphone that is acting up.

Has any of you Beyerdynamic T90 owners experienced this problem? 

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #3,022 of 4,487
Hi Ernst,

Not sure if this will help but worth a shot.

I've had my T90s for 2 years and love them. 6 months ago I noticed the right cup sounded low in volume and was distorting. I feared the worst and started looking into a replacement driver etc. Turned out it was dirt/hair on the driver! I would never have believed that a stray hair could have that effect. I suggest taking off the ear pads and opening the cups then blowing firmly on the drivers. Resemble and listen.

Warning - this might void warranty so it's up to you if you think it's worth trying.

Maybe others could advise?

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #3,023 of 4,487
  Hi Ernst,

Not sure if this will help but worth a shot.

I've had my T90s for 2 years and love them. 6 months ago I noticed the right cup sounded low in volume and was distorting. I feared the worst and started looking into a replacement driver etc. Turned out it was dirt/hair on the driver! I would never have believed that a stray hair could have that effect. I suggest taking off the ear pads and opening the cups then blowing firmly on the drivers. Resemble and listen.

Warning - this might void warranty so it's up to you if you think it's worth trying.

Maybe others could advise?

Thanks for the response! I truly appriciate it!
How big of an operation is it to check the driver? I have one year warranty left as theese ones are only 5 days old, but I'd really prefer not haveing to send them away, again.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #3,024 of 4,487
Your welcome.

First thing I'd try is to simply remove the earpads and use a vacuum on gentle setting to clean the foam/material that sits on top of the driver. That might do the trick on it's own.

Otherwise, you will need to remove  the remaining plastic inner ring with a small screwdriver, remove the foam/material and directly clean the driver. It's not that hard but the inner ring tends to get mangled slightly and would void your warranty.

My advice is to try the first option and if that doesn't work send it back.

Let us know how you get on :)

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #3,026 of 4,487
  Your welcome.

First thing I'd try is to simply remove the earpads and use a vacuum on gentle setting to clean the foam/material that sits on top of the driver. That might do the trick on it's own.

Otherwise, you will need to remove  the remaining plastic inner ring with a small screwdriver, remove the foam/material and directly clean the driver. It's not that hard but the inner ring tends to get mangled slightly and would void your warranty.

My advice is to try the first option and if that doesn't work send it back.

Let us know how you get on :)

Alright then! My better half is sleeping and I dont think she would get thrilled if i started the vacuum cleaner right now, I'll have to do that tomorow! But thanks again for the response, you made my day for sure.

I'll be sure to respond with an update tomorrow! 

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #3,027 of 4,487
I just opened up the headphone and i couldn't see anything on the driver but i blew firmly anyways and reassembled them but sadly, the problem is still there. Although, not as much as before i did this. Since i still have warranty i will send them back and buy another brand since this is my 2nd pair. Too bad though, i really love theese headphones. Thanks for the help anyways!

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #3,028 of 4,487
  I just opened up the headphone and i couldn't see anything on the driver but i blew firmly anyways and reassembled them but sadly, the problem is still there. Although, not as much as before i did this. Since i still have warranty i will send them back and buy another brand since this is my 2nd pair. Too bad though, i really love theese headphones. Thanks for the help anyways!

Sorry to hear...That's weird, I had 2 pairs of T90's the original ones which I sold and then the Jubilee ones. Both worked for years rock solid.....

Cheers,
K

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #3,029 of 4,487
Well since it improved them a little - you could try giving the foam material a really good vacuum/clean before sending them back. Often it's little hairs that work there way through the foam to the driver. The fact that it helped a little seems a hopeful sign.

Good luck

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #3,030 of 4,487
  Well since it improved them a little - you could try giving the foam material a really good vacuum/clean before sending them back. Often it's little hairs that work there way through the foam to the driver. The fact that it helped a little seems a hopeful sign.

Good luck

I talked to my reseller today and they were very flexible, they gave me a full refund and I'll just have to send them back. Not sure what to do next tho, i truly loved theese headphones and everything about them but I don't know if I want to buy a third pair. If i do buy a third pair I'm going with a different reseller, mostly becuase they are cheeper there. What do you guys think? Is it a batch-error? Should i just go for another pair? I ordered a O2+Odac combo before this happend and they should arrive in a few days. I emailed beyerdynamic and talked to a guy, he told me that they never had encountered this problem, i asked him if my amp could be responsible for this but he didn't think it was possible. 

But for other headphones, a friend of mine recommended Philips Fidelio X2 so i might just buy those. But right now i still want the T90's.

First world problems, am i right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back