beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
May 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #361 of 1,963
Dear T5P owners - would the Headstage Arrow 12 HE 4G be a good mate with this 32-ohm headphone?
I love the design, commitment to improvement, and tone controls that the Arrow offers.

May 31, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #363 of 1,963
The Leckerton looks nice, but I'll need an amp with some way of boosting the bass. I've heard these are bass light and I want the option of changing that, even if I don't end up using it much.

In this review (http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-t5p/reviews/6809) a t5p owner says that the Fiio E17 pairs well with the T5p, and it has tone controls.

Any thoughts about E17 vs Arrow with this headphone?

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #365 of 1,963
I'm sure I'll enjoy the bass, but for things like playing video games or certain kinds of electronic music, I'd like a sound more like a subwoofer  on medium volume.

My sources are an iPhone 4S and Macbook Pro. I know there's a ton of EQ apps for the iPhone, but I'd rather have my sound tweaks built into the amp. I tend to think I'll get better sound that way.

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #366 of 1,963
any idea how to "dismantle" the t5p? I wanna use a sommer cable (the one in T1) for the 5tp since I have a 4 feet extra..

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #368 of 1,963
From me to you:

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #369 of 1,963
Hi Zombie_X - thanks a lot for that!! 
It certainly does not make it easier to wait for these. Now I am looking forward to receive them. I ordered them 4 weeks ago but they have been in backorder for a while. I am hoping they are not a while lot darker sounding than the T70p and that the mid- and treble resolution is as high as in the T70p. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #370 of 1,963
They have more body to them than the T70 and it does make them darker. I think they are more resolving than the T70, but the T1 is more resolving then both. The treble on the T5p is a lot cleaner and resolved than the T70, but also is a bit edgier sounding.

I heard the T70 a while back so I don't know how accurate my comparisons are, so take with a grain of salt.

Also I did the felt mod on the T5p and it tame the edgieness of the treble and makes them sound more balanced.

EDIT: UPDATED IMPRESSIONS:
The T5p pairs extremely well with the  V200 headphone amp. It seems the amp give them a lot more life and power. Bass gains more body, mids are fuller, and the treble is liquid smooth. The soundstage does suffer somewhat but it's about a DT880 size soundstage, so not giant but not small. It's imaging is great and you can place stuff clearly and the stage.

I find this headphone to be an excellent all rounder with enough bass to satisfy the rock and metal crowd. The mids make guitars cut through the air and the bass is great for double bass kick drums.

Quote:
Hi Zombie_X - thanks a lot for that!! 
It certainly does not make it easier to wait for these. Now I am looking forward to receive them. I ordered them 4 weeks ago but they have been in backorder for a while. I am hoping they are not a while lot darker sounding than the T70p and that the mid- and treble resolution is as high as in the T70p. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #372 of 1,963
Hi guys,

I have a fun experiment coming up. What would the T5p driver sound like in the T1 cups? It will be done and I'll report back.

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #374 of 1,963
Quote:
Hi guys,

I have a fun experiment coming up. What would the T5p driver sound like in the T1 cups? It will be done and I'll report back.

THAT will be fun! :)
I am still waiting for my T5p from Beyerdynamic. 4 weeks delivery time is now 6 weeks of waiting.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back