beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Jan 24, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #1,111 of 1,963
  WOW, that is INCREDIBLY helpful!!! Outstanding job, PS, thank you!!! Now we can start to compare the effects of various materials in there on the sound signature... AWESOME!!!

(Although I have to admit, seeing a knife blade next to that driver makes my manly parts shrivel a bit. Feels like it should be accompanied by a ransom letter or something). 

You're welcome. It took me a while to figure out how to open these cans, as I couldn't find any info on that subject. All I could find was one photo of T5p open and that hinted me that this should be possible. The fit of the driver base in the cup was so tight that I couldn't see where one ends and the other begins (that tells you something about the precision). The use of knife may seem scary at first, but trust me: if yours are as tight as mine, you'll damage something using any other technique.

Hmm - maybe just pull it out with a magnet? I didn't think of this earlier, but even if I did, I'd still go with the knife. I don't like the idea of messing around carefully balanced magnetic field in the driver.

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,112 of 1,963

I'd love to check it out someday... That $2k pricetag is an amazingly effective deterrent for my immediate interest, though. Although I hadn't gotten the impression from reading several reviews that the TH-900 had the same kind of clarity and treble extension as the T5p, am I mistaken? 

Yes, good treble, not so forward middle spectrum, thumping low end. Not my cup of tea, T5p has taken hold of my taste. TH-900 I believe is now about US$1.4k, well worthwhile.

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,113 of 1,963
Thank you.  

If I decide to keep my T5p (which looks more and more likely) I'll try your mod. 

So you think there is a very noticeable change to the signature after this mod?

Quote:

You're welcome. It took me a while to figure out how to open these cans, as I couldn't find any info on that subject.

Zombie-X has a video on youtube showing how to open a T1.  The process seems to be the same with both models.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #1,115 of 1,963
Hello T5p fans!

Beyer doesn't provide the grey hard pouch anymore with the aluminium hard case and black soft pouch.... What is everybody using when they need to travel with them?

Looking for something portable of course.  Thanks!

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,116 of 1,963
Hello.

My Beyer didn't come with the aluminium hard case, it did come with the crappy beyer pouch. Anyway I usually use another crappy (but better than the Beyer) alternative:

http://balachandar.in/2012/12/07/the-vaudio-headphone-bag/

Have a couple of those "V-Audio" cheapo bags and they serve their purpose.
Also have one of those Beyerdynamic bags in that very same blog post for my Alpha Dogs. (since they are more padded).

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,117 of 1,963
I've also used this one: Slappa case

It's a bit of a snug fit where the cables leave the cups, but it works. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #1,119 of 1,963
Is anyone, by chance, using the TEAC UD-501 DAC with the T5p? I'm very close to buying one and wanted some insight with the combination.....

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #1,120 of 1,963
And...

Just sent my headphones to Martin to be "woodified"....

eek.gif

ph34r.gif

LOL
Let's see how it turns out...

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,121 of 1,963
  And...

Just sent my headphones to Martin to be "woodified"....

eek.gif

ph34r.gif

LOL
Let's see how it turns out...

Haha.  I bet they will look incredible when you get them back.

You got some cajones, I have to admit.   I would never try anything that could change the signature (which I love).   However, you might end up with something that sounds even better.  

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,122 of 1,963
Waiting with baited breath, gelocks!! Whatever "baited breath" is... :wink:

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #1,123 of 1,963

with bated breath

0.01 sec.

with bated breath Cliché while holding one's breath. We stood there with bated breath while the man hung on the side of the bridge. They listened with bated breath for the announcement about the winner.
See also: breath

with bated breath if you wait for something with bated breath, you feel very excited or anxious while you are waiting 'His name wasn't by any chance, Max Peters?' Helena asked with bated breath. We were waiting with baited breath for the prizes to be announced.

with bated breath while nervously waiting We watched with bated breath to see if the mother bear would bring her baby back to safety.

It helps when you know the real spelling instead of the popular one used these days.

Things like it fazed me instead phased me.

Or I couldn't care less instead of the stupid nonsensical current usage of "I could care less". If you could, why not do it?

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #1,124 of 1,963
As an English major (and self-confessed "grammar Nazi"), I certainly should have known that. Now I do! And it takes one to know one, Wink... :wink:

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,125 of 1,963

Haha.  I bet they will look incredible when you get them back.

You got some cajones, I have to admit.   I would never try anything that could change the signature (which I love).   However, you might end up with something that sounds even better.  

Hahaha.
We'll see... I guess it should take 1 or 2 months or so? Not even sure how long he will take with them but yeah, can't wait to have them back!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back