Beyerdynamic Manufaktur's Gooey Gel Ear Seals! (770, 880, 990)
Dec 16, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #61 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this is the first really new thing to come down the pike in the headphone world for decades, especially for closed cans. I think Beyer deserves praise for developing and marketing such an off the wall and unattractive but functionally advanced piece of technology.

Weren't Koss the first one to apply the idea of liquid-filled pads in early 60s?
Okay, I don't exactly know how much these differ from Koss ones...

Dec 31, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #62 of 136
if one were to not like the aesthetics of the gels couldn't hey just color the sides black with a sharpie?

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #63 of 136
Is that sweat proof?
confused.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #64 of 136
probably not, but it woul only be on the sides, not the actual contact surface

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #65 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.phens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weren't Koss the first one to apply the idea of liquid-filled pads in early 60s?
Okay, I don't exactly know how much these differ from Koss ones...

Those were oil filled, but this looks completely different.

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #66 of 136
is there any place I can buy the gel seals that are not directly from Beyerdynamic? their USA order site is somewhat broken and says they don't have a delivery method setup so it doesn't let me continue.

Apr 2, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #67 of 136
Just call Beyer USA and order them over the phone. You will get cheaper shipping that way. There are no third party vendors for these, afaik.

Apr 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #69 of 136
Several people don't like the black gels because they have some weird plastic on them. Good luck.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #70 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Several people don't like the black gels because they have some weird plastic on them. Good luck.

yeah I have read that. Although I think the whole white pads + all black cans looks bad. But if I the black gels are annoying well there is a 2 week return on them, so I'll just use that and get the white/clear ones. I'd rather see/feel it for myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #73 of 136
So ugh...as far as I am aware, there was some modifications of stock Beyer pods to be put onto Grados for more comfort...who is gonna pop the gel pads onto an SR-325i to get some real bass in those?

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #74 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
I was wondering how hard is it to change from the standard cloth material to the leather pads? Is it fairly simple?

Taking ths standard pads of is easy, putting new pads on can be a bit of a hassle, but it's not difficult.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #75 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfieroman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That picture is not mine, it is from the first link in my post.

haha i laugh at your avatar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back