Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
May 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #91 of 706
Quote:
Should I be concerned?
confused.gif

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think so. It doesn't seem to be an issue that compromises the structural integrity of the headphones, and a lot of headphones creak when you move them. These have been around for quite some time, and earned a reputation for being hard to break, so I'd consider the clicking noise to be an odd quirk of the design rather than a major flaw.

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #95 of 706
Quote:
Hello
I'm planning to buy an used DT770 pro 80 ohm
I have Galaxy S4 rooted as music player, do I need to buy another amp or just go direct without amp?

You SHOULD buy an amp, it isn't absolutely necessary for the 80 ohm though. The volume wasn't loud enough for me powering it with just my iPhone 5, and it definitely would have better sound quality with a good AMP/DAC.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #96 of 706
The 770/80 was my first headphone purchase over 100$ and I couldn't be happier. Based on the reviews, I was worried about possible lack of clarity and muddy base considering my budget sources. Instead, what I've found is articulate base, vast soundstage, and distinct spatial imaging. I use an e17 for computer listening. The majority of my listening time is spent with a rockboxed fuze+ & e11 amp. I may upgrade in the future, but for now, the 770/80 is my favorite hp.

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #98 of 706
I'm far more pleased with the sound of these than I expected.  Using them with a Dynalo and J$ pads.
I heard this and that about crapulent bass and midrange, but nah, I'm getting none of that.  Then again, it might help that these are burned-in as they are used.
The low bass isn't as recessed as on stock M50 and DT440, which makes me happy, but something bothers me slightly about the rest of the bass, I'm not sure what, I suspect that it might be my imagination.  Tighter bass wouldn't hurt, too.

Sep 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #99 of 706
I'm far more pleased with the sound of these than I expected.  Using them with a Dynalo and J$ pads.
I heard this and that about crapulent bass and midrange, but nah, I'm getting none of that.  Then again, it might help that these are burned-in as they are used.
The low bass isn't as recessed as on stock M50 and DT440, which makes me happy, but something bothers me slightly about the rest of the bass, I'm not sure what, I suspect that it might be my imagination.  Tighter bass wouldn't hurt, too.

If you put some sound deadening foam inside the cup behind the drivers it tightens the bass quite a bit. I would recommend trying that. There are no screws holding the drivers in, so that mod is quite easy, and worth it if you don't want that flabby bass.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #100 of 706
If you put some sound deadening foam inside the cup behind the drivers it tightens the bass quite a bit. I would recommend trying that. There are no screws holding the drivers in, so that mod is quite easy, and worth it if you don't want that flabby bass.

Thanks!

Really enjoying DT770 with my Qinpu A3 tube amp, such a nice combination.  Now I think I understand what's special about Beyers + tubes.  That reminds me, I haven't tried my T50p with the A3 for kicks.

Update: sold off that first DT770, and two sets later (lol), I've got one with much tighter bass and better mid/upper treble.  Now I've got a keeper.

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #101 of 706
I just got these and I'm loving em! Even on this onboard sound card they still sound sexy!

Gonna get that new Schiit amp/DAC when it comes out soon!!!

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #102 of 706
  I just got these and I'm loving em! Even on this onboard sound card they still sound sexy!

Gonna get that new Schiit amp/DAC when it comes out soon!!!

Are you talking Vali or is Schiit making a new combo unit?? Which I thought they swore they would never do. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #104 of 706
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #105 of 706
Just ordered a pair, should get them tomorrow or the day after. Excited! Got them because I was looking for a sub $300, tough, bassy and closed headphone to go with my HD600 and Shure SE535Ltds. Hopefully I'll have the open, closed and IEM trifecta going haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back