Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Mar 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #61 of 706
Quote:
I have the 80 ohm version and I was running them out of my computer which has a no-name Chinese sound card. I bought the M&M stack and I noticed immediately the overall improvement a good dac/amp makes. The way I can describe it best, it sounds like there is more everything, and I was pleasantly surprised by the bass performance from the Schiit stack. Since you have the 250 version, I would anticipate a bigger improvement in your case. It might be too late, but on my brothers macbook when I tried it out there was no volume control on the mac, you could only adjust the volume using the amp, which was a pretty huge bummer in my opinion. Otherwise the Schiit stack was definitely a worthwhile investment for the beyers.

Yes!

It has arrived.  I know these are the 880s, but I plan on bringing these to my office where my DT770s are.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #62 of 706
Looks excellent man, enjoy your tunes
beyersmile.png

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #64 of 706
Quote:
If you have an amp, would it be worth while going for the 250ohm version over the 80ohm version?

I'm no expert, but in the case of the DT 770 Pro's, it matters more about the sound signature you're looking for rather than the impedance rating since the 80 ohm version is such an outlier from the others. Plus it's often said that the 80 ohm does benefit from amping as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

80 ohm vs 250 ohm is also discussed in a few other threads. Try to read as many as you can so you can "average" the opinions, since they vary quite a bit. There's so much conflicting information and aside from having more bass, I don't think anyone can really be sure of the differences without listening to both in person.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #65 of 706
Quote:
If you have an amp, would it be worth while going for the 250ohm version over the 80ohm version?

If you want more bass texture/volume go for the 80, if you want more treble/better mids then get the 250. The benefit of the 80 ohm version is that it does not necessarily need an amp, however it does sound much better with one. From what I understand, the 250 pretty much requires an amp. As GaijinMo said, it really depends on what sound you want.  

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #66 of 706
Hey guys, I'm looking for possible purchase them but I have some questions:
1. I heard they're very good for gaming, but not that good for 'competitive' gaming. Any "sound players" here, could agree or disagree?
2. Could someone compare them to my current Sennheiser HD380 pro?

Greets and I'm waiting for replies 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #67 of 706
Quote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for possible purchase them but I have some questions:
1. I heard they're very good for gaming, but not that good for 'competitive' gaming. Any "sound players" here, could agree or disagree?
2. Could someone compare them to my Sennheiser HD380 pro?

Greets and I'm waiting for replies 
smily_headphones1.gif

I am not sure about "competitive gaming" or anything like that, but I use my dt 770s when I'm playing tf2 and I can hear everything I need to. If you are solely looking for gaming phones, then maybe a pair of surround sound gaming cans would suffice. But if you are also going to be listening to music, especially genres that are bass dependent, the beyers are excellent, especially for the price. Also as far as comfort goes, these can't be beat, they don't clamp or anything like that, and the velour pads make it easy to wear them for many hours at a time.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #68 of 706
I've been trying to get rid of these headphones lol. But it's proving very difficult to give up their comfort and build (even though I have more expensive headphones that are better in a lot of ways). Just can't bring myself to get rid of them yet. Maybe if I get the DT880's I won't feel I'll need them anymore... But damn, these are great for movies.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #69 of 706
Quote:
I've been trying to get rid of these headphones lol. But it's proving very difficult to give up their comfort and build (even though I have more expensive headphones that are better in a lot of ways). Just can't bring myself to get rid of them yet. Maybe if I get the DT880's I won't feel I'll need them anymore... But damn, these are great for movies.

Which is why I have mine! 
beyersmile.png

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #70 of 706
Quote:
I am not sure about "competitive gaming" or anything like that, but I use my dt 770s when I'm playing tf2 and I can hear everything I need to. If you are solely looking for gaming phones, then maybe a pair of surround sound gaming cans would suffice. But if you are also going to be listening to music, especially genres that are bass dependent, the beyers are excellent, especially for the price. Also as far as comfort goes, these can't be beat, they don't clamp or anything like that, and the velour pads make it easy to wear them for many hours at a time.

Hey man, thanks for reply! Yes, I'm also listening to music, especially rap + some reggae and rock, that's why I don't wanna surround gaming headset and looking at this one. Just have one more question - is bass not too "persistent"? Does it disturb while playing for hearing?
Comparing to that MLE's opinion:

Quote:
Very impressive for non-competitive gaming, especially if you wanna feel like you're in a movie theater. The bass is considerably super powered, and would make this a bad choice for competitive gaming.

Greets.

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #71 of 706
Quote:
Hey man, thanks for reply! Yes, I'm also listening to music, especially rap + some reggae and rock, that's why I don't wanna surround gaming headset and looking at this one. Just have one more question - is bass not too "persistent"? Does it disturb while playing for hearing?
Comparing to that MLE's opinion:

Greets.

Not exactly sure what they meant by that, I've found that while the bass is definitely more present in the 770s, by no means does it feel overpowering, or bleed into mids/highs. I even have Foobar eq'd for extra bass, and the beyers handle it extremely well, with still no interference in the other frequencies. Again, I don't know much about gaming, but I do my fair share of "sound-whoring" when I play tf2 with these, and it works out quite well. Also, for the genres you have listed, these will be perfect. I mainly listen to hiphop/rap (none of that candy bs though), and have found myself discovering whole new elements to my favorite tracks. Again, if you are more concerned about gaming then you might want to consider buying a professional headset and if you have enough funds left buy a pair of these, but I'd say just buy the beyers, they will perform as good if not better than most headsets that companies like Razer/Turtle Beach make, and will blow them out of the water when it comes to your music.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #72 of 706
Hey, yes sure, I also listen to 'classic' rap like N.W.A, Ice Cube, Eazy-E, Grandmaster Flash, Snoop Doggy Dogg etc. etc. Mostly in .flac.
As I said, I play as well, so I need good positioning, just been wondered if bass is not too disturbing.

So I won't buy any Razer or other SS, cause I know that's one big crap :) (for music).

Greets and thanks for your opinion.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #73 of 706
Hey, yes sure, I also listen to 'classic' rap like N.W.A, Ice Cube, Eazy-E, Grandmaster Flash, Snoop Doggy Dogg etc. etc. Mostly in .flac.
As I said, I play as well, so I need good positioning, just been wondered if bass is not too disturbing.

So I won't buy any Razer or other SS, cause I know that's one big crap :) (for music).

Not even close, get the DT770/80's. Only a handful of cans out there with equal positional accuracy and fun factor. They do need a good amp to shine though so keep that in mind when you pick up a pair. Great looks better comfort and fantastic sound. Can't go wrong

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #75 of 706
Quote:

As it should be done. Like I said, go for the beyers man, you will not be disappointed and I'm pretty sure you can find a brand new pair on ebay for ~150usd, which is a steal.

Casper are your 770s actually green? or is the lighting, either way those are some dope pictures. Also that removable cable mod looks excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back