Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Dec 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #46 of 706
I just got my pair of dt770 pro 80's last week and i love them, the bass extension, the sub bass and the soundstage are great (im a basshead for sure). They sound great for EDM (mostly dubstep) and the mids and highs sound really good. Definitely worth the 220 cdn i paid for them. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #47 of 706
Quote:
I just got my pair of dt770 pro 80's last week and i love them, the bass extension, the sub bass and the soundstage are great (im a basshead for sure). They sound great for EDM (mostly dubstep) and the mids and highs sound really good. Definitely worth the 220 cdn i paid for them. 

I hate you...............but in a good way. 
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #48 of 706
I may be selling my Dt770 Pro 80´s in the next week...if anyone is interested PM me!

I havent created a thread yet as im not 100% sure im selling, if the right offer come my way I probably would though

im in the UK and could meet in London or Nottingham, or ship anywhere! 

Cheers 

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #49 of 706
I tried out a bunch of headphones at my local guitar center (dt770, m50, shure srh 840, and the sennheiser 380 pro). It ended up coming down to the 380 pro and the dt770's and the dt770's took the cake. I love the bass response that I hear when I listen to rock music. I'm a grado guy through and through and the dt770's have to be the only headphone that I've owned that can do rock almost as well as my grados. However, grados can't touch these when I feed like listening to electronica. Like I said before I'm a large fan of these cans.

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #50 of 706
Quote:
I tried out a bunch of headphones at my local guitar center (dt770, m50, shure srh 840, and the sennheiser 380 pro). It ended up coming down to the 380 pro and the dt770's and the dt770's took the cake. I love the bass response that I hear when I listen to rock music. I'm a grado guy through and through and the dt770's have to be the only headphone that I've owned that can do rock almost as well as my grados. However, grados can't touch these when I feed like listening to electronica. Like I said before I'm a large fan of these cans.

Funny you mention that, I love the energy the 770s can have. I've been looking for other headphones to compliment and to have variety but am worried I won't find something as fun, deep and open sounding in a closed can.

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #51 of 706
Quote:

Funny you mention that, I love the energy the 770s can have. I've been looking for other headphones to compliment and to have variety but am worried I won't find something as fun, deep and open sounding in a closed can.

Exactly. The only thing that may come close is ultrasone's, from what I hear at least and I have yet to try them. I will always be a fan of energetic headphones and the dt770's just fit my bill perfectly, at least for closed headphones.

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #53 of 706
Quote:

Where did you get them? (I'm also based in canada)

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #54 of 706
hey musiclife, i got them off amazon.ca you just have to look around a little. I just happened to buy them when they were fairly cheap, and they arrived to my house in 2 days (which was nice) just look around amazon and depending on where you are you might have audio stores near you

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #55 of 706
I've had mine for a while, but just recently started to use them. For the way I use them, meaning my lack of any sophisticated powering or driving of them, they suite me just fine! I guess my choices in music are also well suited for these cans. I use a very inexpensive headphone amp and they sound great. I used to be an on-air talent and I always needed closed headphones and that design is still my preference. (Although I am 30, my avatar is what I started and ended my radio carrier with…yup Koss pro4aa, best bang for my buck with the everyday durability, and that’s where my love for headphones has come from.) Where I am now in life with a new baby and all, I cannot afford a good rig for a while. I have tested and used many headphones, all closed, over the years and I can say that these are some of the best sounding ones I have ever used for over all sound. I understand I might have not broken into the upper echelon of headphones yet, but hope to soon. I would love to try something open, and have it properly driven to enjoy my music in different aspects. To each their own I guess, as for me and my DT770 pro 80’s, we make a good pair!   

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #56 of 706
Quote:
I've had mine for a while, but just recently started to use them. For the way I use them, meaning my lack of any sophisticated powering or driving of them, they suite me just fine! I guess my choices in music are also well suited for these cans. I use a very inexpensive headphone amp and they sound great. I used to be an on-air talent and I always needed closed headphones and that design is still my preference. (Although I am 30, my avatar is what I started and ended my radio carrier with…yup Koss pro4aa, best bang for my buck with the everyday durability, and that’s where my love for headphones has come from.) Where I am now in life with a new baby and all, I cannot afford a good rig for a while. I have tested and used many headphones, all closed, over the years and I can say that these are some of the best sounding ones I have ever used for over all sound. I understand I might have not broken into the upper echelon of headphones yet, but hope to soon. I would love to try something open, and have it properly driven to enjoy my music in different aspects. To each their own I guess, as for me and my DT770 pro 80’s, we make a good pair!   

They are great cans, and pretty much very close to much more expensive headphones. For example, in terms of overall sound clarity, detail, etc, they're not behind (at least not to my ears) the DT880 600 ohm version. Just a bit different in terms of sound signature.  They do sound very opened though, and have a big soundstage, not just for closed headphones. For example, I dont find their soundstage to be significantly smaller than AKG K701, and those have a HUGE soundstage.  Stuff still sounds like it comes from far away on the DT770, and the overall feel is that the source of the sound is something big. They sound big, not like the sound is coming from a little 40 mm driver next to my ear.  Also imaging is very good on them, as well as details. They're more detailed in my opinion than the DT880's, while being considerably less bright and thin sounding at the same time. They kinda remind me of HD650's, they just dont have the full silky mids and very sparkly sounding treble of the HD650.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #57 of 706
Man, after going through vsonic's RC02, which had build issues and their GR07, I am stunned at the sound quality even without a proper amp. First pair of audiophile grade headphones and I'm absolutely loving the sound. 

I have the 250 ohm version. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #58 of 706
I have the DT770 pro 80ohm. I like them for mobile music. I also use them for the occasional editing project I fiddle with. I actually originally got them for that reason and I liked the way they reproduced recordings.

I just picked up some DT990 600 ohm cans and I much preferred the 770 from a simple home music listening standpoint. However, I swapped pads and it completely changed both sets. I am going to order a couple of different pairs of pads and see what kind of sound I can make for each of them.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #59 of 706
Sorry in advance for hi-jacking this thread.

I have the 250 ohm version (it arrived two days ago).  I have the Schiit Magni/Modi stack being delivered to my office.  So in the mean time I am listening to it straight out of my Macbook Pro.

And it sounds *amazing*.  Even directly on my iPhone5 it sounds really good.... range, bass and all.

What should I be looking for with these cans if it's connected to a dedicated external DAC / Amp?  What does it mean when people say that the DT 770s will come "alive" with a good DAC/Amp?  I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #60 of 706
Quote:
Sorry in advance for hi-jacking this thread.

I have the 250 ohm version (it arrived two days ago).  I have the Schiit Magni/Modi stack being delivered to my office.  So in the mean time I am listening to it straight out of my Macbook Pro.

And is sounds *amazing*.  Even directly on my iPhone5 is sounds really good.... range, bass and all.

What should I be looking for with these cans if it's connected to a dedicated external DAC / Amp?  What does it mean when people say that the DT 770s will come "alive" with a good DAC/Amp?  I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I have the 80 ohm version and I was running them out of my computer which has a no-name Chinese sound card. I bought the M&M stack and I noticed immediately the overall improvement a good dac/amp makes. The way I can describe it best, it sounds like there is more everything, and I was pleasantly surprised by the bass performance from the Schiit stack. Since you have the 250 version, I would anticipate a bigger improvement in your case. It might be too late, but on my brothers macbook when I tried it out there was no volume control on the mac, you could only adjust the volume using the amp, which was a pretty huge bummer in my opinion. Otherwise the Schiit stack was definitely a worthwhile investment for the beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back