Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Oct 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #421 of 706

My newest addition: Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro. Very satisfied with them so far, great soundstage for a closed-back headphone. Punchy and tight bass without getting overwhelming, slightly recessed mid's but satisfying high's. These headphones are known for their long burn-in time so looking forward to see how these turn out and sound even better.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #422 of 706
  Hey everyone, recently I've been looking into 'good' headphones and have decided to buy the BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO. I am using it like a week now and it is without any doubt the best headphone I have ever had. Today I received my FiiO E07K. Combined and I am very please with the sound I have. There is one thing I don't know so much about yet and I'm hoping people with experience here can help me. In the gain settings there is an option to select 0, 6 (default) and 12. Despite the fact I have read many blogs and posts on different forums I don't know exactly which the ideal setting would be with my headphones. 6 or 12? Can the BeyerDynamic handle both without any problems? Can someone give me a bit of in-depth information about gain without it becoming extremely complicated? Thanks!

Simple instructions: Select gain level so that your normal listening level is reached with your volume pot between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock.
Yes, there's reason behind that :wink:

Hi, been lurking (no have not read through all the thread!), but the dt770 gets rave reviews for gaming here in Norway. Uhhm ok (have been an akg guy til now, with k612, k271mkii and older k171's). However, given reviews, dying to try a pair. However, Beyer is pushing their Custom One line at the moment....anyone had any experience with them versus the pretty well-known dt770 (and 880 etc)?.  Are they worth looking at or a gimmick? Frankly not sure at this point whether to spring for dt770 or dt880/990...for gaming cans (with a mod mic)...soundstage etc should be better with the open cans/990's....

On the other hand, have to decide on ohms as well...it will either be low impedance, for mobile, or something that has to be driven by my old v-can's on the desktop....supposedly custom one is made for this (dunno iff I can see myself with giant studio cans on the bus, but whatever!)...any thoughts?

regards!

The Custom One Pro is quite nice, especially since that bass port thing actually works, i.e. you can indeed tune it to your liking. Overall I have to say that I still like the DT770/80 better... maybe its the Velour pads or its lightly better treble: the COP seems to miss high treble and slightly emphasizes lower treble. The Custom One Studio sounds better to me as well (I did not try to change the COP pads to velour though, maybe thats most of the difference...).

My newest addition: Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro. Very satisfied with them so far, great soundstage for a closed-back headphone. Punchy and tight bass without getting overwhelming, slightly recessed mid's but satisfying high's.

Congratulations on your purchase!

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #423 of 706
I am loving my DT770 pro 80's at the moment, great for drum and bass. If you have spotify, listen to this

Biostacis – Deeper Well

I am using a yamaha a-S700 with everything in the middle and the bass knob around 2 o clock. 550 ish hours of use on these headphones. The sub bass is amazing, for reference it is equivalent to being sat in a hatchback with a pair of 15's in the boot.

Just a shame it can't keep up with open backs on songs such as Dido or Depeche Mode.

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #424 of 706
I've had my DT770s for a few years now and the velour ear pads are starting to wear, does anybody know a reputable site/shop in the UK where I can buy new ones or if possible black leather ones instead?

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #425 of 706
  I've had my DT770s for a few years now and the velour ear pads are starting to wear, does anybody know a reputable site/shop in the UK where I can buy new ones or if possible black leather ones instead?

You might want to try Thomann, the biggest European store of (Pro-) music-related gear:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_edt_770_vbear_pad.htm

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #427 of 706
Quick question...did Beyerdynamic change the name of these from Pro to Studio? --> Guitar Center
I'm looking to buy a pair of the Pro 80 (w/warranty if possible), and came across these 770 Studio (80 phm), but there is no mention of this model anywhere online or on BD's website.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #428 of 706
Quick question...did Beyerdynamic change the name of these from Pro to Studio? --> Guitar Center
I'm looking to buy a pair of the Pro 80 (w/warranty if possible), and came across these 770 Studio (80 phm), but there is no mention of this model anywhere online or on BD's website.

No they didn't change it, Guitar Center just has the wrong name on their site.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #429 of 706
It's not wrong name. Read the description on the link you posted, last paragraph. They say it's the exact same as the pro. Beyer seems to make some for GC with the word studio on it so their customers will know that the DT770 is a high impedance headphone.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #430 of 706
Even the pictures show the word "STUDIO" where it used to say "PRO" though, and the description sounds like it came straight from Beyerdynamic.

By the way, are any other Canadians crying blood that these are now $269 in Canada? That's about a hundred more than they were two years ago. I get that the exchange rate is pitiful, but that's still a big increase.

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #431 of 706
  Even the pictures show the word "STUDIO" where it used to say "PRO" though, and the description sounds like it came straight from Beyerdynamic.

By the way, are any other Canadians crying blood that these are now $269 in Canada? That's about a hundred more than they were two years ago. I get that the exchange rate is pitiful, but that's still a big increase.

Oh yep, you're right. Interesting. That must be why though, so people know they're used with an amplifier.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #432 of 706

Why not just import from amadon.de?

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #433 of 706

I'm thinkning about selling mine.  Pm me if interested  @AN0INTD

@GaijinMo quoted wrong guy

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #434 of 706
Nov 12, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #435 of 706
If anyone here has a set of these with a blown driver or something keeping them from functioning, sell them to me. I'm wanting to transplant some XB1000 drivers into a set of these. PM me if you have a set.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back