Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Mar 2, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #376 of 706
I just hate if any part of the cups whether it's the pads or drivers touches your ear. It irritates the hell out of me lol Has anyone had this with the dt-770's?

The only way that i see these touching your ears, is if you have some gi-noumous ears :). But if you want to make sure, guitar center carries these. So if you have one near you, you can go try them on. Or if you have amazon prime, order it from there. If they don't fit just return them. Mostly likely I dont see them being an issue.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #377 of 706
The only way that i see these touching your ears, is if you have some gi-noumous ears
smily_headphones1.gif
. But if you want to make sure, guitar center carries these. So if you have one near you, you can go try them on. Or if you have amazon prime, order it from there. If they don't fit just return them. Mostly likely I dont see them being an issue.

So the cups are quite deep? I'm in the UK and we don't have Guitar Center here. Do have amazon prime though! 

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #378 of 706
Somewhat deep.  About 2cm, maybe a bit less if happen to get one with a particularly tight grip and you have a very big head.

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #379 of 706
They just came through the post, first impressions - very nice and balanced! Think the bass could be a bit better but that doesn't really bother me that much (maybe it's the music I'm listening to) and they're super comfortable, the top of my ear slightly touches the pads but not enough to bother me, a quick adjustment can solve that anyway. Bit of a tighter clamp than my Uptowns but I can only assume that they'll get looser over time.

EDIT - Definitely the song I had on - the bass is there :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #380 of 706
  They just came through the post, first impressions - very nice and balanced! Think the bass could be a bit better but that doesn't really bother me that much (maybe it's the music I'm listening to) and they're super comfortable, the top of my ear slightly touches the pads but not enough to bother me, a quick adjustment can solve that anyway. Bit of a tighter clamp than my Uptowns but I can only assume that they'll get looser over time.

EDIT - Definitely the song I had on - the bass is there :)

The clamp will loosen over time. Are you using an amp with them? Also what music quality are you listening to?

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #383 of 706

That explains why you think the bass is acting weird then. It needs amp, otherwise it will loose dynamics - such as bass.

There is bass, it was just the song I was listening to. I'm quite a newbie when it comes to audio stuff so it doesn't really bother me that much and just want them for office use.

I thought my ears touching the drivers wouldn't be a massive problem but it's slowly getting on my nerves, no matter how I adjust them :frowning2:

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #384 of 706
I purchased these headphones (DT770/80) just over 2 years ago and lived without a dac until last month. Up until then I used the Fiio E06 to "power" the headphones, but I never felt like it did much besides bloat the sound with the built in eq settings.

Just to test the waters I purchased the Fiio E10K and it made an INCREDIBLE difference in these headphones.

I'm sure the DAC is a huge part of the improvement in sound, but I keep the amp at a pretty low volume level and the headphones have the power they need to sound fantastic no matter how loud or quiet I want them.

So for anyone out there cruising head-fi trying to get a definitive answer: Yes, the DT770 80Ohm is greatly improved by the Fiio E10K but don't waste your time with the E06. If you need portable, step it up past the E06 and you will be happier.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #385 of 706
Hi,

I am quite new to this platform and I am looking for information.

I'm looking for a comfortable, decent quality closed headphone. Since the DT 770 seems to be one of the most comfortable and has a decent sound quality, i prefer it over the competitor (AHT MX 50, Netherlands).

However I am not sure what version i should get.

Primairy use is at the office plugged in via 3,5mm into a 2014 macbook pro retina 2014. (around 100 hours a month)
In addition i think I listen to it 1 hour per month via the 3,5mm plug on my Nexus 5.

Since the primairy use is with the MBPr, i was wondering if i should get the 80 Ohm version and if it will deliver even without DAC or amp. (Total Budget is 150 euro's, which doesnt leave room for a DAC or AMP)

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #386 of 706
  Hi,

I am quite new to this platform and I am looking for information.

I'm looking for a comfortable, decent quality closed headphone. Since the DT 770 seems to be one of the most comfortable and has a decent sound quality, i prefer it over the competitor (AHT MX 50, Netherlands).

However I am not sure what version i should get.

Primairy use is at the office plugged in via 3,5mm into a 2014 macbook pro retina 2014. (around 100 hours a month)
In addition i think I listen to it 1 hour per month via the 3,5mm plug on my Nexus 5.

Since the primairy use is with the MBPr, i was wondering if i should get the 80 Ohm version and if it will deliver even without DAC or amp. (Total Budget is 150 euro's, which doesnt leave room for a DAC or AMP)

If you have no amp you should buy the 32 ohm version. And I agree, it's way better than M50.

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #387 of 706

If you have no amp you should buy the 32 ohm version. And I agree, it's way better than M50.

Agree!

The 32 Ohm version should be the best.

Cheers,
K

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #388 of 706
planning on making the cord removable and was wondering if there's any pre-made cables out there that would keep the sound as close to the original while being more flexible and light?

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #389 of 706
Someone is selling these on my local Craigslist. These look different than my 770s. Any idea what the pedigree of these might be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back