Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Nov 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #106 of 706
  Just ordered a pair, should get them tomorrow or the day after. Excited! Got them because I was looking for a sub $300, tough, bassy and closed headphone to go with my HD600 and Shure SE535Ltds. Hopefully I'll have the open, closed and IEM trifecta going haha

The DT770's are a great closed can. I loved my pair to death.

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #110 of 706
I thought the 770 parts are replaceable?
Im trying to look for the price if accidentally mine will broke. I also noticed the wire is married to the cans. So what if my wire broke, i have to get the cans too? And where can i find those? 

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #112 of 706
  I thought the 770 parts are replaceable?
Im trying to look for the price if accidentally mine will broke. I also noticed the wire is married to the cans. So what if my wire broke, i have to get the cans too? And where can i find those? 

Beyerdynamic, unless a retailer happens to have some of the spare parts.  Good luck in your search.

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #113 of 706
If the wire breaks, it can be replaced by someone here. That would probably be the cheapest option if you can't do it yourself. Here's a pic of my old DT880's, I replaced the wire going between the cans with some silver plated copper. My original wire didnt break, I just wanted to give it a cooler look.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #115 of 706
The M version seems to take flak around here.  It is more specialized, unlike the regular Pro versions.

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #117 of 706
Anyone know a source for cheaper than the usual gouge price for new ear pads?
Or if there is a good cheap fake that feels as good(or nearly) as the original velour.

Also would buy a new or slightly used pair from someone if interested in selling.

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #118 of 706
So I just purchased a pair of DT770 pro 80 ohm in mint condition..on its way still.
I intend to use it wihtout an amp first - might get one later...

I was looking at BTG Audio and am thinking of having them do the detachable mod, as my DIY skills are not up to that task...

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=2609209&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

Has anyone had any experience with BTG audio? I think he charges about $40 for the mod. Then I need a cable, too...OR i can have the factory Beyer cable terminated by them...

What do you guys think? Any auggestions/thoughts?

Thanks IA.

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #119 of 706
  So I just purchased a pair of DT770 pro 80 ohm in mint condition..on its way still.
I intend to use it wihtout an amp first - might get one later...

I was looking at BTG Audio and am thinking of having them do the detachable mod, as my DIY skills are not up to that task...

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=2609209&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

Has anyone had any experience with BTG audio? I think he charges about $40 for the mod. Then I need a cable, too...OR i can have the factory Beyer cable terminated by them...

What do you guys think? Any auggestions/thoughts?

Thanks IA.

$40 isn't bad for a company to do them, you'll probably have to pay shipping both ways too though. The original cable is extremely long. You could probably look in the FS forums for a cheap mini-mini cable made of mogami or canare for like $20-$30. 

I did my own, much cheaper than $40. haha

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #120 of 706
Ha  - I wish I had your talents- yours look great, indeed. :)

Anyway, BTG Audio has written back and said they can only do a locking jack (as the opening for a non-locking will be too big) on the DT770 and that I can choose any cable I want to, and they will terminate it with a locking plug at the HP end and add a mini plug to the other end.

Now...What cable should I go for? Canare or Mogami? I want about 6 feet.
Any recommendations to a specific type of cable from the above 2 brands? I did read up, but it seems they're both popular brands...

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back