Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO vs Beats By Dre Studio?
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #16 of 52

Quote:
I've only tried the Studios at Best Buy and it sounded horrible... I blame their music station (somewhat) because the Solo HDs sounded worse than usual as well...

I can unplug the Solo HDs from their station here at the local Best Buy stores and plug them into my portable rig.  The time I tried them, I plugged them straight into my ipod, then into my portable amp... They hardly improved versus the listening station, actually.

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #17 of 52

Quote:

I can unplug the Solo HDs from their station here at the local Best Buy stores and plug them into my portable rig.  The time I tried them, I plugged them straight into my ipod, then into my portable amp... They hardly improved versus the listening station, actually.

That's strange because I couldn't find a way to unplug them from the station. When I returned my Solo HDs, I tried the listening station again and to me, it sounded a lot worse than the Solos I had. But overall, the Beats don't sound good whatsoever. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 52

Quote:
What the....???
confused_face_2.gif

Exactly.....a direct contradiction if ever there was one....if the mids (or bass, or treble) are overshadowed by anything else significantly then by definition it's not balanced then is it.....I've read a few of BotByte's posts lately and the guy seems to think he's a foremost authority when in all reality his posts are full of contradictions and he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about in all reality.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #19 of 52

Quote:
do you know how to use the search feature? 

I sure do, if your so good at using it then why don't you post a link to show me a thread exactly like this.

thanks! 
popcorn.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #20 of 52

Quote:

That's strange because I couldn't find a way to unplug them from the station. When I returned my Solo HDs, I tried the listening station again and to me, it sounded a lot worse than the Solos I had. But overall, the Beats don't sound good whatsoever. 

On the local displays, the plug is exposed for anyone to disconnect it.  The regular Beats, however, have their plug hidden somewhere so they cannot be messed with.  Funny that they do that yet they do not glue on the earpads, which seem to get stolen from time to time.  =\

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #22 of 52
Or is everyone just hating on the beats 
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #23 of 52
ive heard both out of my system.  its not close as far as detail clarity and quality goes.  the beats probably have more better impact out of an iphone, but anything with any amount of juice and the 770s have MUCH lower lows, harder hits, bigger booms, all while still maintaining clarity of notes and timbre involved.  

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #24 of 52
I have a serious question, and i joined because I'm hoping to become part of the community.
I really love the bass of the beats by dr dre pros but there are so many bad reviews about them and its hard to tell if the ones you are buying are fake or not. Im looking for a headphone in the 300 range or cheaper would be great that packs as much bass as the dres without an amp to an iPod but not so muddy. Ive read about the ultrasone 900 pro and the 650 pro and i heard those are well worth it and the Slogic is a cool experience. Obviously i listen to mostly rap and hip hop, but i obviously still love the Doobie Brothers, Michael Mcdonald, and classic rock also including Michael Jackson(Not classic rock i know). I will be mainly having these plugged into my macbook pro and my iPod, and isolation to me is important because college is a loud place. I want something with a wow factor like the first time i heard the Dre beats. Any insight let me know i posted here because the dt770's I've heard good things about also!!

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 52
haha? So looking from the poll isit really true that the DT770 PRO is stronger in the bass department against the Beats then or is it just massive hate of 'Beats' :)?

Sep 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #26 of 52
Ultrasone HFI 580, Denon D1100, Shure 750DJ, or the ATH Pro700mk2 are all possible alternatives to any Beats headphone

Quote:
I have a serious question, and i joined because I'm hoping to become part of the community.
I really love the bass of the beats by dr dre pros but there are so many bad reviews about them and its hard to tell if the ones you are buying are fake or not. Im looking for a headphone in the 300 range or cheaper would be great that packs as much bass as the dres without an amp to an iPod but not so muddy. Ive read about the ultrasone 900 pro and the 650 pro and i heard those are well worth it and the Slogic is a cool experience. Obviously i listen to mostly rap and hip hop, but i obviously still love the Doobie Brothers, Michael Mcdonald, and classic rock also including Michael Jackson(Not classic rock i know). I will be mainly having these plugged into my macbook pro and my iPod, and isolation to me is important because college is a loud place. I want something with a wow factor like the first time i heard the Dre beats. Any insight let me know i posted here because the dt770's I've heard good things about also!!

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #27 of 52
What about the DT770 PRO vs my M50's then? Bass department again between the two. Im considering in selling off the M50's for a pair of DT770 PRO 80's...

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #28 of 52
The m50 has very present bass response, but I think it is bested by the DT770 Pro 80ohm in both quality and quantity.  I personally find the Beyer to be superior in most aspects, except the fact that, unless powered properly, it can be quite slow, whereas the M50 is always quick and aggressive.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #29 of 52
If it's about the DT770 Pro vs the M50, the Beyer is a pure studio reference monitoring tool with more balanced, detailed and refined sound and very revealing of poor recordings. If you love your M50s, you aren't going to like the Beyers and you should look at other models suggested.

If it's about the D770 Pro vs the Beats Studio, simply they can't be compared in any aspect.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #30 of 52
the dt770s are more airy whereas the m50s sound more tight and controlled.  I think the dt770s have a bigger soundstage FWIR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back