Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Jul 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #2,116 of 3,701
Will this usurp the T1 as the main flagship?

I doubt it - Beyer runs two headphone product lines, consumer and professional. This will be the professional flagship. I don't see the T1 going anywhere and it will almost certainly remain the consumer flagship.

Beyer also tend to be quite strict regarding it's dealer channels - the HiFI dealers will have access to the consumer range, and the pro audio dealers will have access to the pro range (There are some dealers that do carry both, but they tend to have both a HiFI and pro audio section). For example I had to go to a pro audio outfit to get my DT1350s as the usual HiFi shops didn't have it, and, as was explained to me, couldn't stock it as they were not pro audio dealers.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #2,118 of 3,701
I doubt it - Beyer runs two headphone product lines, consumer and professional. This will be the professional flagship. I don't see the T1 going anywhere and it will almost certainly remain the consumer flagship.

Beyer also tend to be quite strict regarding it's dealer channels - the HiFI dealers will have access to the consumer range, and the pro audio dealers will have access to the pro range (There are some dealers that do carry both, but they tend to have both a HiFI and pro audio section). For example I had to go to a pro audio outfit to get my DT1350s as the usual HiFi shops didn't have it, and, as was explained to me, couldn't stock it as they were not pro audio dealers.
With Sennheiser it is even harder. No Dealer in my country have HD700, HD800, IE800 or HDVA 600.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #2,119 of 3,701
  Right on time for the IFA trade show in Berlin we complete our professional headphone portfolio
with an open-back flagship model:

The DT 1990 PRO.

As high end reference headphones the DT 1990 PROs take their place alongside
the closed DT 1770 PRO in the beyerdynamic professional line.

The DT 1990 PRO reference headphones combine these decades of expertise
in headphone technology with the latest Tesla driver technology in an open-back design.

Together with an ingenious open-back design, the high-resolution Tesla drivers ensure a wide,
dynamic and extremely natural stereo image. Designed for professionals, the DT 1990 PROs
are the perfect headphones for ambitious listening, mixing and mastering.

The DT 1990 PRO is having its premiere during the IFA in Berlin, from the 2nd to 7th September 2016.

color]

I'm probably going to be all over these. I love the DT 1770 and if this shares many of it's characteristics of the DT 1770, they will be my go to open-backs.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2,123 of 3,701
I attended the IFA last Year and could repeat it this Year. Ordered my DT1770 a few days after the visit and am still very happy with it. But the environment there is not good for testing out any open can. Simply because Yamaha was demoing their latest sound projector with the Movie Mad Max in an endless loop just around the corner. The new T1 could not be tested very good there, only the DT1770 isolated enough in this environment. Maybe I just order the DT1990 once available and skip the show...

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #2,124 of 3,701
I love the looks very much already! Let me set aside some money....

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #2,128 of 3,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back