Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Jul 7, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #2,087 of 3,701
I'm selling mine in the Classifieds. I can come down on the price, but not that low. Also, I'll send mine via Priority 2-Day.

I know, that price is half of retail. I'm buying one next paycheck if it's still at that price.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #2,089 of 3,701

Seller just launched.

Actually they just changed it. Was two Japanese vendors listed, one I linked was originally a well rated one, now switched to the 2nd one that isn't rated and just launched as you say. Not sure why the other got taken off. Maybe it's an error.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #2,090 of 3,701
  Actually they just changed it. Was two Japanese vendors listed, one I linked was originally a well rated one, now switched to the 2nd one that isn't rated and just launched as you say. Not sure why the other got taken off. Maybe it's an error.

Even the previous seller was suspicious, they only had 8 sales and they were all for shoes... Who knows if they are actually selling new, maybe they are refurbished or dodgy.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #2,091 of 3,701

Even the previous seller was suspicious, they only had 8 sales and they were all for shoes... Who knows if they are actually selling new, maybe they are refurbished or dodgy.

At that price I would be fine with refurbished, lol. But yeah, maybe some error.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2,092 of 3,701
Apparently you can get the DT1770 for $450 new, someone in the deals thread was saying how you just use the "make an offer" feature of uhh I forgot the name of the retailer, but you know, places like sonic etc that have the offer feature.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #2,094 of 3,701
Beyerdynamic DT1770 is the king of bass!  I am not a "bass head" either but luckily the DT1770 has HF to match and mid-range is gorgeous.  Further, detail resolution is unmatched. Liveliness? Dynamics? oh please, don't get me started...  

But please remember, the Chord Mojo has somewhat elevated LF and the combination can become a bit much -- this is why a competent amplifier is beneficial to keep things under control, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Beyerdynamic A20 which obviously is built to match.  

Disclosure: I own all 3 products and love them all, just don't make me chose between them // TG

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #2,095 of 3,701
  Beyerdynamic DT1770 is the king of bass!  I am not a "bass head" either but luckily the DT1770 has HF to match and mid-range is gorgeous.  Further, detail resolution is unmatched. Liveliness? Dynamics? oh please, don't get me started...  

But please remember, the Chord Mojo has somewhat elevated LF and the combination can become a bit much -- this is why a competent amplifier is beneficial to keep things under control, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Beyerdynamic A20 which obviously is built to match.  

Disclosure: I own all 3 products and love them all, just don't make me chose between them // TG

That's why I'm interested in them. I want closed headphone with powerful and deep and hard hitting bass but only when it's in the music, not muddy or bleeding into the mids but I also don't want rolled off highs or recessed mids. So mostly neutral but with a bit more bass and overall very detailed and linear. My AD1000X is great in the mids but lacking a bit on the frequency extremes and sometimes the forward upper mids get a bit fatiguing.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,097 of 3,701
  You just wrote the design specs for the DT1770!

The only issue is price. $300 is not a huge deal really but $400+ is pushing it. I'm supposed to be saving for a cheap used car since I messed up my van. Lol. Looking at cheaper options too like the Audio-Technica es700, Meze 99 classic and others.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #2,098 of 3,701
Yes, I understand entirely.  You may be able to snag a used or "open box" item within your price range but make sure the warranty is valid and transferable prior to payment.  Early production had some issues but will be repaired and tested at no cost (only o/w shipping) by US distributor if needed.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,099 of 3,701
I'm looking also at the Beyerdynamic DT-150 which someone else suggested as a budget option in another thread. I just wish they weren't so ugly. Like the ugly duckling to the white Oppo PM3 swan! (Which I want too).

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,100 of 3,701
I'm looking also at the Beyerdynamic DT-150 which someone else suggested as a budget option in another thread. I just wish they weren't so ugly. Like the ugly duckling to the white Oppo PM3 swan! (Which I want too).

Just remove all mirrors from your home. And your ears have no eyes,haven't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back