Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Sep 4, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #3,661 of 3,701
We are.
1770 is best on gain 3 with atrox
But the tr-amp with no gain button also sound good.
The 1770 need a good amp to sound good.
The btr7 should sound good with 1770 in high gain
I can confirm the 1770 does sound good with the BTR7 in high gain and a reasonable volume level can be achieved however the 1770 sounds so much better with my WA7D desktop amp, way more power.

Sep 4, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #3,662 of 3,701
A headphone,a car.
Always great with to much power 😊

Sep 4, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #3,663 of 3,701
Nice :beyersmile: I tried this same set up driving my DT1770 Pros with the FiiO BTR7, works surprisingly well given how small the BTR7 is and how hard the DT1770 Pro is to drive.
My set is balanced so the BTR7 pushes them pretty hard :)

Sep 4, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #3,664 of 3,701
My set is balanced so the BTR7 pushes them pretty hard :)
That explains it I used my 1770 with the single ended output from the BTR7 🙂

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #3,665 of 3,701
How does your DT 1770 smell?
Mine have always smelled "plastic"
Have sold mine. New buyer who doesn't like the smell!
Is there something wrong with mine? Or is it normal?

Sep 29, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #3,669 of 3,701
I finally got my DT1770 tuned to my preference.

Dekoni leather pads, discs cut from the foam in the Dekoni tuning kit sandwiched between the stock driver cover and the fabric layer of the pads and a plastic disc with a small hole in it to close off a good part of each bass port but still with some porting to let them breath.

The bass quantity can be tuned with small changes in the effective size of the covered bass port. Of course a bit of tape can be used to experiment with the bass port opening but I wanted a more elegant long term solution hence the plastic discs.

To me this is as well balanced as I have heard the DT1770. The bass is there but not boomy and bloated, the treble is crisp and detailed without any sibilance or harshness.

A new Forza Audioworks cable tops them off after about a year of on and off meddling to get the sound right.

Listening to them on Asgard 3 as I type, really enjoying them. I have spent more money on pads than the headphones are worth but they finally deserve a spot in my small collection. Also a good learning experience as to what effects the sound.

52434F19-DB58-4466-BFDA-CEBAD27AA2A5.jpeg
ABB1B038-810B-49F2-AEBB-D3C4A47609F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #3,670 of 3,701
I finally got my DT1770 tuned to my preference.

Dekoni leather pads, discs cut from the foam in the Dekoni tuning kit sandwiched between the stock driver cover and the fabric layer of the pads and a plastic disc with a small hole in it to close off a good part of each bass port but still with some porting to let them breath.

The bass quantity can be tuned with small changes in the effective size of the covered bass port. Of course a bit of tape can be used to experiment with the bass port opening but I wanted a more elegant long term solution hence the plastic discs.

To me this is as well balanced as I have heard the DT1770. The bass is there but not boomy and bloated, the treble is crisp and detailed without any sibilance or harshness.

A new Forza Audioworks cable tops them off after about a year of on and off meddling to get the sound right.

Listening to them on Asgard 3 as I type, really enjoying them. I have spent more money on pads than the headphones are worth but they finally deserve a spot in my small collection. Also a good learning experience as to what effects the sound.

52434F19-DB58-4466-BFDA-CEBAD27AA2A5.jpegABB1B038-810B-49F2-AEBB-D3C4A47609F6.jpeg
Do you have any experience comparing the Dekoni leather pads with the Dekoni hybrids (leather on the outer ring, fenestrated leather on the inner ring and velour on the face)?

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #3,671 of 3,701
Do you have any experience comparing the Dekoni leather pads with the Dekoni hybrids (leather on the outer ring, fenestrated leather on the inner ring and velour on the face)?

No I didn’t try the only Dekoni Hybrid pads.

The fenestrated leather and the velour were both so bad I felt I would just be wasting money trying the hybrid.

What are you trying to accomplish in terms of altering the sound ? If you simply want to reduce the bass the port tuning is by far the simplest and most easily fine tuned way. Just changing the effective size of the ports allows the bass quantity to be tuned to your taste, far more accurate tuning than swapping pads.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #3,672 of 3,701
First I simply wanted to try them out with different pads. The stock pleather pads are too bassy for me, but I love the sound with stock velours pads. Now I'm primarily trying to reduce leakage and improve comfort, while maintaining the sound signature. Perhaps the Dekoni leather pads with your port tuning would do the trick?

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #3,673 of 3,701
First I simply wanted to try them out with different pads. The stock pleather pads are too bassy for me, but I love the sound with stock velours pads. Now I'm primarily trying to reduce leakage and improve comfort, while maintaining the sound signature. Perhaps the Dekoni leather pads with your port tuning would do the trick?

With the Dekoni leather pads and the ports covered completely you will notice a dramatic change in the bass, it will be tight and punchy but not overdone and boomy and probably pretty close to the bass with the velour pads.

The benefit will of course be far be far better isolation both in and out due to the better seal of the leather pads.

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #3,674 of 3,701
Use an equalizer to tune your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back