Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #3,301 of 3,701
Thanks for the reply! I had the DT1770 for quite a while and like it a lot, personally having little to no problem with the treble, but wanted to try an open back, as I have never had one. After purchasing the 1990 I read quite a few user reviews that mentioned its highs being fatiguing. Do you find that the Elite Velours help, in this regard? Probably going to order a pair today.
They never was fatiguing for me even with the stock balanced pads.
The Elite Velour are more comfy, so i regularly wear them for 8+ hours without any problem.

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #3,304 of 3,701
Hey fellas!
Been rocking my DT770 for a year and a half and I can only say I LOVE them. However, now I see that this little upgrade and i can only think about how much it waters my mouth! I have the 250 Ohms version, was wondering if it was worth it to get these.
My equipment rn is my Hiby R3 pro with a Fiio A5 amp. Think I can handle these cans?
Edit: And of course, how do they compare to the 770s? Do you think it's worth the upgrade? How about comfort?

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #3,305 of 3,701
Hey fellas!
Been rocking my DT770 for a year and a half and I can only say I LOVE them. However, now I see that this little upgrade and i can only think about how much it waters my mouth! I have the 250 Ohms version, was wondering if it was worth it to get these.
My equipment rn is my Hiby R3 pro with a Fiio A5 amp. Think I can handle these cans?
Edit: And of course, how do they compare to the 770s? Do you think it's worth the upgrade? How about comfort?

I had the DT1770 250 ohm headphones and powered them with a Fiio A5 amp. Great little amp! It easily powered the 1770 using low gain and sounded terrific! I moved to the 1770 from a DT770 and for me the upgrade was well worth it and a pretty large improvement in sound quality. Heavier than the 770, still very comfortable. Have to say though that the 770 is a great headphone and its soundstage, with the A5 pretty amazing!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #3,306 of 3,701
Hello

Has anyone tried to replace the headband?

Mine is in poor conditions and I couldn't find replacements anywhere, although I saw there are some replacements headbands for dt 770.

Thank you. Excuse my english

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #3,310 of 3,701
Looks like i am also a victim of driver imbalance since yesterday, after wearing them for 2,5 weeks.
I also switched the cables, source and sides while wearing of the headphone to exclude a hearing problem.
My left channel is quiter, which makes the headphone sound not centered anymore.

I think i should return them to the seller and ask for a replacement!

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #3,311 of 3,701
Yesterday i got my replacement, which works fine for now.
I hope it stays this way, this time.

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #3,312 of 3,701
Ordered these. Let's see how are they. Audiophile community poops on them but let's see. Tonality actually looks almost flat apart from 230hz and 4k dip. Though measurements differ a lot. I don't know which one to trust. My impression this is similiar to DT 770 with a bit less treble so it should be good but i guess presentation is very different. DT 770 to me is a laidback headphone with big soundstage. DT 1990 aggressive af headphone. I guess 1770 closer to 1990 in this aspect. Anyone compared these to Emu Teak and Fostex X00 ?

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #3,313 of 3,701
The DT1770 isn't an audiophile set of cans but it's a nice pair of headphones. It is well-behaved and not peaky.

The Fostex TR is much, much faster than the DT1770, percussion instruments are rendered with perfect clarity. But the Fostex is V shaped and needs EQ for a lot of music. The DT1770s are pleasant right out of the box, nothing needed but a good amp. Fostex TR is much easier to drive.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #3,314 of 3,701
The DT1770 isn't an audiophile set of cans but it's a nice pair of headphones. It is well-behaved and not peaky.

The Fostex TR is much, much faster than the DT1770, percussion instruments are rendered with perfect clarity. But the Fostex is V shaped and needs EQ for a lot of music. The DT1770s are pleasant right out of the box, nothing needed but a good amp. Fostex TR is much easier to drive.
Interesting. DT 1990 is really good at ''rendering''. Is closed version slow or treble is really flat ? Some graphs tells it's v shaped, some tells it's mostly flat. I mean not peaky.

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #3,315 of 3,701
Interesting. DT 1990 is really good at ''rendering''. Is closed version slow or treble is really flat ? Some graphs tells it's v shaped, some tells it's mostly flat. I mean not peaky.

My hearing is that it's flat and slower. Flat as in not peaky, it's not V shaped at all. But they're clearly behind the Fostex in speed. It was the first thing I noticed.

The DT1770s seal better than Fostex, they're a bit more comfortable with the stock pads when it's hot, they clamp better, and are just better as an all-around set of cans with nothing that is glaringly problematic. I paid 400 euros shipped and I think that's about as much as I would pay. The HD 600 is better but I wanted a closed set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back