Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
May 20, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #2,252 of 2,575
Oh cool thx :D

Royal Certified.

I've seen on BBC radio, the artists using the 150s on Live Sessions as well as the 770.250. Only the best :D

Studio Standard. TOP CLASS

giphy.gif

May 21, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #2,254 of 2,575
How did we go from beauty queen to rappers? This is losing direction fast. :^)

May 22, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #2,255 of 2,575
sia dt150.jpg

SIA! My second favorite female artist. Jewel is #1 :p

I don't think i'm going to find a pic of Roy Orbison with dt150, but maybe the 100s :D

And whats wrong with rappers?

Anyway, as "ugly" as they are. they look pretty cool on these cool peeps.

I will wear them out once i'm 40 n rocking a big beer belly

May 22, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #2,256 of 2,575

SIA! My second favorite female artist. Jewel is #1 :p

I don't think i'm going to find a pic of Roy Orbison with dt150, but maybe the 100s :D

And whats wrong with rappers?

Anyway, as "ugly" as they are. they look pretty cool on these cool peeps.

I will wear them out once i'm 40 n rocking a big beer belly

Strange that she does not know she is wearing them incorrectly.

May 22, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #2,257 of 2,575
Strange that she does not know she is wearing them incorrectly.

I think though technically speaking the wire should be on the right side, it can be worn either way due to its design. I've seen people with violins and such wear them backwards. But one cannot be blamed as we learn the left side is the wired side on single entry.

I have also made this mistake several times! :D

But i realize quickly, not because of the wire per se, because the seal is bad.

The beautiful amazing dt150 pads form so perfectly, then once you have em on wrong you can tell instantly.

I dont get the hate for these pads, they are amazing once formed.

One thing that still boggles my mind is that in studio they are worn with one side on 0 setting and one side maxxed out. this is not a one off. and still have not gotten an explanation, but it does provide a more secure feel.

7370864.jpg

you can see how its not centred on head .

maxresdefault.jpg

and him ^ too

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #2,258 of 2,575
I think though technically speaking the wire should be on the right side, it can be worn either way due to its design. I've seen people with violins and such wear them backwards. But one cannot be blamed as we learn the left side is the wired side on single entry.

I would notice because sounds that are meant to come from a certain direction would be reversed. Interesting what you said about the pads. I don't mind the stock pads either.

One thing that still boggles my mind is that in studio they are worn with one side on 0 setting and one side maxxed out. this is not a one off. and still have not gotten an explanation, but it does provide a more secure feel.

I never noticed that before in the photos.

May 22, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,259 of 2,575
First time i noticed was in this studio live performance by arctic monkeys

@:00:53 he puts them on.

Then i saw them being worn like that more and more.

Maybe some people can try and see for themselves but it does indeed provide a more secure fit; won't just fall off.

Its a problem for OCD'esque folks who want both sides equally adjusted though :p

like me. :D

May 22, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #2,260 of 2,575
Its a problem for OCD'esque folks who want both sides equally adjusted though :p

like me. :D

Yes, it would drive me crazy to not have them equal. Sometimes I look in the mirror to make sure... lol.

May 23, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2,261 of 2,575
Yes, it would drive me crazy to not have them equal. Sometimes I look in the mirror to make sure... lol.
dt480.10.jpg

I just use electrical tape. Red/Blue to remind me of side. This way they also stay equal at all times, because in the past they would move a little even when set.
These are 480.200, but same thing on the 150 I did.

YMMV :D

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #2,263 of 2,575
Hello guys!
I ve got DT 150 for three or four years at office where I listen to them during my working hours. So it is 8 hours each working day.

I love these cans, but must admit that I had to do a bit of modifications to make them comfortable for me.
First modification is simple - adjust cans clump. Strong clumb made my headaches constant :) So i decided to use DT 150 metal frame the way it should be used and I dent it a bit. It hardly to notice that it was bent, but now cans seat well on my head.
Second more important - As these cans are closed I started to feel myself been in pressure chamber after 2 or more hours of usage. So first I bought and tried DT 100 Velur pads, but these pads changed sound dramaticaly and made it a bit dull. So I got back to original pads. After that I dicided to make pads semi closed. I took needle and made about 30 or so holes in inner surface of the pad, and about 15 or 20 holes on outer surface at the bottom side to make them invisiable.
After that cans stoped been like pressure chamber and turned out in normal comfortable headphones with orignal pads and small modifications)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #2,264 of 2,575
Hi all. I am going to listen to the DT150 soon. Does anyone have an opinion how they compare to the Philips fidelio x2? Also my budget is around 250€. And these headphones cost around 130€ here (Belgium). Is it possible to have a dac and amp for about 120€ that match with these headphones? And which would you recommend? Thank you.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #2,265 of 2,575
Hi all. I am going to listen to the DT150 soon. Does anyone have an opinion how they compare to the Philips fidelio x2? Also my budget is around 250€. And these headphones cost around 130€ here (Belgium). Is it possible to have a dac and amp for about 120€ that match with these headphones? And which would you recommend? Thank you.

Can't go wrong with the O2 amp, I've been using that to drive my DT150 for many years. There's probably better (read: cheaper) options these days though

As for DAC just buy anything with the inputs you need and good measurements. Disregard subjective reviews for DACs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back