Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Sep 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,501 of 2,575

It's reasuring that you say you can endure this headphone for hours when you have tinnitus. Yeah I know these are different compared to what I'm used to. I have severe tinnitus so that's the reason why I'm moving to darker headphones. I'm sure I can get used to the soundsignature over time. I have to. Bought DT150 for closed and HD650 for open untill I figure out what planar I'm gonna buy. Still doubting that the treble on the HE-560 gonna suit me but I will try them at some point. Otherwise I'm just gonna have to wait untill new ones are made.  

If you are after a darker sounding, non fatiguing planar with a smooth treble, you should also consider the ZMF.

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,502 of 2,575

It's reasuring that you say you can endure this headphone for hours when you have tinnitus. Yeah I know these are different compared to what I'm used to. I have severe tinnitus so that's the reason why I'm moving to darker headphones. I'm sure I can get used to the soundsignature over time. I have to. Bought DT150 for closed and HD650 for open untill I figure out what planar I'm gonna buy. Still doubting that the treble on the HE-560 gonna suit me but I will try them at some point. Otherwise I'm just gonna have to wait untill new ones are made.  

One of the best headphones I've come across for sensitive ears has to be the Audioquest Nighthawks, it's notably smoother sonically than both the DT 150 and HD 650. Neither the DT 150 and HD 650 bother me when well amped, but these take non-fatiguing to another level. I don't have tinnitus but my ears are very sensitive so I went towards darker and smoother headphones over time. The HE-560 honestly is probably a bit too bright for you, I don't find them abrasive but the treble is on the sharper and brighter side. There are plenty of darker planars out there though.

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,503 of 2,575
For iems, u gotta try fx850, the wooden wonder :wink:

Sep 20, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,504 of 2,575
For iems, u gotta try fx850, the wooden wonder
wink.gif

Indeed, the JVC FX wood series are some of the best UIEMs I've ever tried. My personal favourite is the FX 1200.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,505 of 2,575
For a moment i tot the dt150 on my head was a LCD2... 
( browsing some for-sale items and was admiring some fotos of the LCD2 )

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,507 of 2,575
Both yammie n dt150 are on the sofa with me ...alternating duties.
If I reach for the iPad then definitely will use the yammie. ..cos of the lower impedence.

Sep 22, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #1,508 of 2,575
hmmm what about AKG K812 ? still having fun with them or bored ?

speaking of AKG , i am thinking of getting AKG K240 mk2 , don't know why i am curious about that headphone ö.Ö

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,509 of 2,575
  hmmm what about AKG K812 ? still having fun with them or bored ?

speaking of AKG , i am thinking of getting AKG K240 mk2 , don't know why i am curious about that headphone ö.Ö

Find a vintage Sextett if you do not mind buying used, blows the modern ones away Outstanding mids and bass (EP, MP models).

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,510 of 2,575
Hmm do you mean Sextett sound better than mk2 , studio,and 242hd versions ?

I don't see anyone selling Sextett here in Sweden , and the only ones I could order is the new versions of240 , Studio, Mk2 and 242 HD

Right now am going to get 242HD home for demo . If I like the character I would probably go with Studio version...

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #1,512 of 2,575
  Find a vintage Sextett if you do not mind buying used, blows the modern ones away Outstanding mids and bass (EP, MP models).

What do you think about the K501.

I like them quite a lot. With a strong current you get nice, tight bass for acoustic music, i.e., folk, classical and jazz. Mids and soundstage are really fun and alive. The DT150 will sound a bit muted, closed and dark afterwards, though. (K501s are not neutral, but they do sound very natural, which is weird, like a grado with less grain and a large soundstage).... Some phones were just designed for certain purposes and they do them well, the DT150 do vocal monitoring, bass and drums amazingly, while the K501 are really made to enhance acoustic instruments and make them sound live (or nearly so). You don't even get all the way to the inside of the recording, but you sit there, and you're enjoying what you're hearing unless it's electronic or hip-hop. Then you sort of laugh and put on different cans.

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #1,513 of 2,575
Hmm do you mean Sextett sound better than mk2 , studio,and 242hd versions ?

I don't see anyone selling Sextett here in Sweden , and the only ones I could order is the new versions of240 , Studio, Mk2 and 242 HD

Right now am going to get 242HD home for demo . If I like the character I would probably go with Studio version...

Yes, the Sextett is by far my favorite AKG, plush and detailed, very reminiscent of the DT150 with more air and separation, the modern ones (240s) are not even in the same ballpark.

What do you think about the K501.

I like them quite a lot. With a strong current you get nice, tight bass for acoustic music, i.e., folk, classical and jazz. Mids and soundstage are really fun and alive. The DT150 will sound a bit muted, closed and dark afterwards, though. (K501s are not neutral, but they do sound very natural, which is weird, like a grado with less grain and a large soundstage).... Some phones were just designed for certain purposes and they do them well, the DT150 do vocal monitoring, bass and drums amazingly, while the K501 are really made to enhance acoustic instruments and make them sound live (or nearly so). You don't even get all the way to the inside of the recording, but you sit there, and you're enjoying what you're hearing unless it's electronic or hip-hop. Then you sort of laugh and put on different cans.

My first AKG, very realistic and perfect with the right music(classical, acoustic). They don't get as much head-time with me as they once did, but when I do break them out they are chill inducing.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #1,515 of 2,575
After demo akg k242 for a few days I got to say it's fine for movies but it's not a headphone to enjoy music. Dt 150 is simply a better headphone )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back