Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Sep 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #181 of 963
Quote:

Sounds positive.  Mine is on a UPS truck. :frowning2:

Did you get them and any impressions?
Quote:
Great initial impressions Danny!

Thanks roma.  
Quote:

Im getting tempted to buy one for me. Sounds promising. 

Ok.  I let these burn for the past 5 hours and threw them on just now and listening to some house, dnb, etc.  
The bass kicks hard.  On notch 2 (second from least amount of bass) and it hits hard and tight.  Just love it.  Awesome cans if you're a lover if bass.  Speed metal sounds good too.  This definitely satisfies my taste for bass.  Any bassheads out there, these have all the different levels of bass you can enjoy.  

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #183 of 963
Just ordered velour pads for these and also picked up a used pair of 990 Pros for 80 bucks on a craigslist deal.  All I can go on at the moment is un-amped through my pc and ipad/iphone but the 990 is winning.  Much clearer and more forward mid/high end plus much more comfortable.  I'll update once the new velour pads come in and also an E11.

And yes I did say Beats before.  I can thank a free pair from my wife's work for getting me to want a pair of decent cans and their in-line controls have come in handy with the Custom Pro Ones

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #184 of 963
Yay, just got mine in the other day! I will write a full review and possibly make a youtube video as soon as they burn in. I don't think all of the mids are recessed, but there is a little missing info in the mids. With an EQ you can make the SQ of these on par with the DT770, but otherwise the DT770s are probably better if you don't want the customization features. Now, getting to the bass ports... they are amazing, I absolutely love how you can change the sound, pure genius. The last bass level will please any bass head, and without the need of an amp too. It will literally pound you with bass  that you can feel. They mids and treble aren't harsh at all, but like I said the mids are missing just a touch, something kind of makes it sound dryish at times. Still, I actually like them a lot, wasn't mind blowing, but it was still impressive. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #185 of 963
Quote:
Yay, just got mine in the other day! I will write a full review and possibly make a youtube video as soon as they burn in. I don't think all of the mids are recessed, but there is a little missing info in the mids. With an EQ you can make the SQ of these on par with the DT770, but otherwise the DT770s are probably better if you don't want the customization features. Now, getting to the bass ports... they are amazing, I absolutely love how you can change the sound, pure genius. The last bass level will please any bass head, and without the need of an amp too. It will literally pound you with bass  that you can feel. They mids and treble aren't harsh at all, but like I said the mids are missing just a touch, something kind of makes it sound dryish at times. Still, I actually like them a lot, wasn't mind blowing, but it was still impressive. 

Agree, I mostly EQ'ed the treble. But have to admit I already don't use them anymore

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #186 of 963
Hey,

A DT990 Pro for $80 is a darned steal! Such a great deal and I hope you really enjoy them!

Quote:
Just ordered velour pads for these and also picked up a used pair of 990 Pros for 80 bucks on a craigslist deal.  All I can go on at the moment is un-amped through my pc and ipad/iphone but the 990 is winning.  Much clearer and more forward mid/high end plus much more comfortable.  I'll update once the new velour pads come in and also an E11.

And yes I did say Beats before.  I can thank a free pair from my wife's work for getting me to want a pair of decent cans and their in-line controls have come in handy with the Custom Pro Ones

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #189 of 963
Between the DT770 LE and the CoP which one would you recommend?

I LOOOOOOOVE the CoP customisation but hey if the DT770 is really better...

I'd like to order them tomorrow thanks !

And why don't you use them anymore [size=18.18181800842285px]Ultrainferno[/size]?

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #192 of 963
Damn trying to chose between the DT770 LE 32Ohm and the CoP for portable use is killing me. If only I was rich :D

Would you recommend one of them over the other Ultrainferno?

EDIT : I'll add the HD25 to my list of " Arrrrrrrg I can't chose ! " ( and please don't recommend me Vmoda hf they are more than ugly )

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #193 of 963
Hi,

I have the Custom One Pro on hand right now and it's a good headphone. To my ears it's not as good as the DT770 PRO 80Ohm, but it's close. One thing is that the mids are more forward than the DT770. They are also easier to drive than the DT770 PRO 80Ohm.

Quote:
Damn trying to chose between the DT770 LE 32Ohm and the CoP for portable use is killing me. If only I was rich :D

Would you recommend one of them over the other Ultrainferno?

EDIT : I'll add the HD25 to my list of " Arrrrrrrg I can't chose ! " ( and please don't recommend me Vmoda hf they are more than ugly )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back