Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Oct 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #214 of 963

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #216 of 963
Quote:

I never use my HD-25 anymore. I feel that with the Beyer Custom Ones, I can start using portable headphones instead of IEMs. I never liked Supra Aural so the Custom Ones should be a nice change. But I'm still wondering... This or the M-100 for more?

Yeah, I guess if you want over the ear HD25 will be extra bothersome cause of the clamp. I haven't heard the M-100, but I have some high hopes for it ^^

Quote:
How do they compare overall?

I'd say the COPs are also slightly V sounding, with some missing info in the midrange and low treble region. I'd say the HD25 is more forward, clean, and it is faster in pace. The COP's sound isn't as concentrated per say. The COP sounds a little off if all the bass ports aren't open. Maybe not off, more so just follow in a way. I personally like it for the bass, but I'd say in raw SQ the HD25 is well ahead. The COP will give better sub bass, and fuller bass overall. The treble also isn't quite as sharp, not that the HD25's are either. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #217 of 963
Quote:
If anyone out there in the know is watching, can you compare/contrast the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro with the (more expensive) T70p or T5p in terms of sound-quality?
Thanks!

Not even close compared to the T70P I recently sold.  COP is downright muddy in comparison.  The T70P was one of the cleanest, detailed headphones I've ever heard.  The treble peak (which I'm very sensitive to) was the killer for me.   

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #218 of 963
Quote:
Not even close compared to the T70P I recently sold.  COP is downright muddy in comparison.  The T70P was one of the cleanest, detailed headphones I've ever heard.  The treble peak (which I'm very sensitive to) was the killer for me.   

I'm sensitive to those peaks as well.
http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID[0]=3641&graphID[1]=3791&graphID[2]=&graphID[3]=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones
Looks like they've tamed the peak with the T5p ... too bad they're so expensive.

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #219 of 963
Quote:

I'm sensitive to those peaks as well.
http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID[0]=3641&graphID[1]=3791&graphID[2]=&graphID[3]=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones
Looks like they've tamed the peak with the T5p ... too bad they're so expensive.

Thanks for sharing the graph.  Makes sense.  I've always been interested in the T5P also but the price.  
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back