Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Oct 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #226 of 963
Hey,

I use the COP on my HRT HeadStreamer and it has plenty of juice. Then again it may be that I have it plugged into a USB 3.0 socket. It could be getting more power than normal.

Quote:
This headphones pairs well with the Focusrite Forte. Bass set to 3.  It's magic!  The Forte does need to be plugged in for more juice to run the COP.

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #227 of 963
Whoa, just found this thread,

What I think about COP:
- Build quality is like a tank
- Sound wise, for my personal taste bass setting 3 open holes is the best, as the first two holes sounds compressed to me, and 4 open holes produce too much bass.
- Velour pad is great on them, and honestly I think Beyer should include velour in their package. It makes the headphone has more open soundstage and less muddy.
- Light amping is needed for portable use, especially if your DAP is like ipod or sansa clip. 
- At first time I tried, this headphone a bit reminds me of DT250/80, and I can't found any similiarities with DT770 no matter what types impedance.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #228 of 963
Quote:
Whoa, just found this thread,

What I think about COP:
- Build quality is like a tank
- Sound wise, for my personal taste bass setting 3 open holes is the best, as the first two holes sounds compressed to me, and 4 open holes produce too much bass.
- Velour pad is great on them, and honestly I think Beyer should include velour in their package. It makes the headphone has more open soundstage and less muddy.
- Light amping is needed for portable use, especially if your DAP is like ipod or sansa clip. 
- At first time I tried, this headphone a bit reminds me of DT250/80, and I can't found any similiarities with DT770 no matter what types impedance.

Wouldn't velour isolate less for portable use? That's what I want the COP for. My HD-25s are great, but I just HATE supra aural!

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #229 of 963
What velour pads did you guys use?  Did it change the sound much?  Mine is a review unit so I will have to send it back.  I may pick one up for my collection along with the velour pads.  Thanks for your help.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #230 of 963
Quote:
Tell me more! I'm getting more and more excited! Just gotta wait till someone buys my HD-25...

Headphones are a very subjective thing but if I were you I'd consider keeping the HD-25s, or pick up some ATH-M50's.

I've already sent the Custom One Pro's back, which was disappointing as I really wanted to like them.
IMHO the build quality is excellent, nice thick removable single-side 5ft cable, black all-business styling, light weight, comfortable, good isolation, portable-friendly, etc. all for a very reasonable price.
However the most important thing is sound, and to me the bass was various levels of boomy and loose. 
The thing that really sank them for me was the midrange which was too recessed.  To hear the mids you want to turn up the volume but then the boomy bass and treble overwhelm them.

Just one persons experience.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #231 of 963
Headphones are a very subjective thing but if I were you I'd consider keeping the HD-25s, or pick up some ATH-M50's.

I've already sent the Custom One Pro's back, which was disappointing as I really wanted to like them.
IMHO the build quality is excellent, nice thick removable single-side 5ft cable, black all-business styling, light weight, comfortable, good isolation, portable-friendly, etc. all for a very reasonable price.
However the most important thing is sound, and to me the bass was various levels of boomy and loose. 
The thing that really sank them for me was the midrange which was too recessed.  To hear the mids you want to turn up the volume but then the boomy bass and treble overwhelm them.

Was yours a review sample? Can you like to your review?

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #232 of 963
Quote:

But I tried the COP... And the M50... And I HAVE the HD-25... I don't like the M50. And I don't like the HD-25 because supra aural is rubbish IMO. This is only for portable use, I just want a fun sound and the bass really blew me away on the COP so I am really intrigued by it. I thought the mids were good, definitely less prominent than the bass and treble, but not the worst for sure. Bass is a hidden guilty pleasure of mine and while the HD-25 did a pretty good job at it, I just found the COP to do it WAYY better in terms of extension and impact.

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #233 of 963
I use COP for 2 weeks.
pros:
+ 4 position bass boost system is interesting
+ build quality,  beyer is reliable
+ military or GUNDAM look. it's funny
+ you can modify plate, color, etc
+ replacable cable
+ earcups tighten up ears, but not painful

cons:
- recessed mid-high
- bass is not tight
- quality of ear pad is not so high
- only short cable is included

I think it has enough $199 value.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #234 of 963
I've been using Custom One Pro for 3 weeks + too.
I also have phones with established reputation of bass, like HD-25, AH-D600, HFI-780,
but overall I prefer COP over those phones.

The Custom One Pro is very nice sounding, with lot of fun features like Customize bass, Customize appearance, fairly good priced headphone.
I think it will be a smash hit from venerable German maker, Beyerdynamic.

Pictures of my COP uploaded here -> http://beyerlove.imgur.com/

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #235 of 963
I'm still waiting for a Tesla infused COP - since I find the treble muddy and not sparkly enough as my Dt1350 or T1.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #237 of 963
Quote:

Wouldn't velour isolate less for portable use? That's what I want the COP for. My HD-25s are great, but I just HATE supra aural!

Yes, velour will give less isolate. For portable use the original pleather pad is better as it has more isolation and more sweat resistant. 

But not all people who buy COP use it only for portable use 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Could someone please compare how the COP differs from the DT880? Zombie_X would be the best one to do this, considering... but others are welcome too.

Compare to DT880Pro/250, the sound is so different in term of  character. DT880 is more open, brighter, leaner sounding, and more laidback mid. Technically speaking, DT880Pro win in many aspects such as detail, separation, imaging, speed, etc.

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #239 of 963
Those who seek tighter bass, improved mid-high, brighter treble for Custom One Pro,
Give a try to JMoney Audio's V2 Lambskin Earpads for beyer. 
The set of earpads are currently on sale on ebay at 65.00 USD. 

(If you can't find the listing contact Jeremy @ JMoney Audio. http://myworld.ebay.com/fatman_711 )

Review V2 Earpads on Head-Fi ->
http://www.head-fi.org/t/424130/review-jmoney-audio-genuine-leather-earpads-for-beyer-dt770-880-990

My current setup of V2 Earpads on Custom One Pro ->
http://imgur.com/a/Gp9fc#6
http://imgur.com/a/Gp9fc#7
http://imgur.com/a/Gp9fc#8

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #240 of 963
What velour pads did you guys use?  Did it change the sound much?  Mine is a review unit so I will have to send it back.  I may pick one up for my collection along with the velour pads.  Thanks for your help.

Judging by Beyers, you should be getting DT770 velours. DT880/990 velours would destroy isolation and bass, and give you a very harsh treble response. Tried swapping out when I had the 770 and 990 at the same time. Worst mistake ever. Stick to 770 velour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back